The 39 Clues ROX!!! discussion

the39clues.com > Branch Secrets

Comments Showing 1-50 of 283 (283 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by ♫♥Selena♥♫, THE LUCIANS SHALL DESTROY ALL! Or win.. Winning's good too. (last edited Apr 09, 2010 12:55PM) (new)

♫♥Selena♥♫ (wertyiu102) | 4789 comments Mod
Here, you can share secrets from the Cahill website online. Ekats can share Ekat stuff, etc. Also, i will be expecting spies to post most.

-Your Top Lucian Junior Operative Spy (TLJOS for short)
Selena

message 2: by ♫♥Selena♥♫, THE LUCIANS SHALL DESTROY ALL! Or win.. Winning's good too. (new)

Fellow Ekats-

Let me pose a few questions to you.

1) What kind of uncle disables his nephew’s Ekaterina e-mail account?
2) What kind of uncle changes the main network password to “Alistairisafailure”?
3) What kind of uncle TRIES TO TURN HIS NEPHEW IN TO THE POLICE FOR A CRIME HE DIDN’T COMMIT?!!

You’re all extremely clever, but I’ll save you time and give you the answer: Bae Oh. Yes, the esteemed head of the Ekaterina branch apparently has nothing better to do than try to frame me for the death of Irina Spasky. Is that the kind of leader you want? I didn’t think so. It’s no longer a game. The fate of the world is at stake. The Ekaterinas MUST be the first to find the Clues. I shudder to think what will happen if the Lucians manage to outwit us. The only person on earth nastier than my dear uncle is Isabel Kabra.

I’m currently on the trail of a Tomas Clue in South Africa, but I need reinforcements. Bae won’t like it, but there are more important things than appeasing a cruel, cowardly old man. Who’s with me?

-Alistair

message 3: by ♫♥Selena♥♫, THE LUCIANS SHALL DESTROY ALL! Or win.. Winning's good too. (new)

Ekats--

Thank goodness SOME of you can be trusted . . . unlike my two-timing, double-crossing, weasel of a nephew. One of the rising stars in our intelligence team just hacked into Isabel Kabra’s e-mail account!

It appears that the Lucian attack on Amy and Dan in South Africa was more serious than we believed. Isabel was actually prepared to eliminate them from the competition . . . permanently.

Yes, yes, I know the thought of killing children can be a little distressing, but Isabel has the right idea. We have to stop thinking about Amy and Dan as children and recognize them for what they are: competition. They shouldn’t get preferential treatment just because they’re small and pay less for movie tickets.

If the Ekats are going to be the first to find the 39 Clues, we have to do whatever necessary to stop our greatest rivals. Even if those rivals happen to be children.

I don’t want to put anything too incriminating in writing, but I assume you all understand what I’m getting at. DO WHATEVER NECESSARY TO BEAT AMY AND DAN TO THE CLUES!!!

-Bae

message 4: by ♫♥Selena♥♫, THE LUCIANS SHALL DESTROY ALL! Or win.. Winning's good too. (new)

Tomas—

One of our top hackers, code name KB, has intercepted an e-mail to William McIntyre. We can’t confirm the identity of the sender, but we think it might be from that creepy guy in the black clothes who’s been following Amy and Dan on the hunt. It seems as if someone is planting a trap for the children in their next location. We have to find out where they’re going. Get to work!

Ivan

To: William McIntyre

I spoke to our contact in the next city. He knows that Amy and Dan will be arriving shortly. The professor didn’t seem that keen on our plan, though. He doesn’t want those kinds of assignments anymore. He claims that he’s too old to be kept awake by guilt.

Unfortunately for the professor, he doesn’t really have a choice. He knows too many of our secrets, and we know even more of his. He will do as we ask. Now, all we can do is wait for Amy and Dan to find the next Clue lead. . . .

message 5: by ♫♥Selena♥♫, THE LUCIANS SHALL DESTROY ALL! Or win.. Winning's good too. (new)

South Africa stronghold
Greetings from South Africa!

I’m writing to let you know about some of the exciting developments at the Tomas stronghold in the KwaZulu-Natal province. We’ve expanded our programming to include:
24 hour boxing tournaments: Perfect for agents who wake up at 3am with an urge to punch something!

Samhetsin training : A Tomas original martial art, now with REAL hyenas!

The highest rock climbing wall in the southern hemisphere

Indoor ski/snowboarding slope

Live performances to honor the history of our glorious branch.

Of course, the stronghold continues to serve as the base of operations for Clue-hunting activities and features the most advanced security system yet. We’re just waiting for the first attempted break-in. It’ll be the last thing the foolish Cahill ever does.

We look forward to seeing you in South Africa soon!

Herbert Malusi
Stronghold Director
KwaZulu-Natal

message 6: by ♫♥Selena♥♫, THE LUCIANS SHALL DESTROY ALL! Or win.. Winning's good too. (new)

South African stronghold
I’m not one to lose my patience. After a solo expedition to Antarctica, I had to wait for the weather to clear before a plane could come pick me up. It took four months. (You try going 124 days with no books, no TV, and no internet—only a half-filled book of crossword puzzles I found in my tent. Ballet -themed crossword puzzles.)

However, after patiently considering the recent incident at our South African stronghold, I still have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA HOW WE ALLOWED AMY AND DAN CAHILL TO BREAK IN!!!! What happened to the security upgrade I ordered? What about the advanced surveillance tools we’ve been bragging about?!

We might have well rolled out a red carpet and hung a “welcome Amy and Dan” sign. Why don’t we invite Isabel and Vikram Kabra over for a private tour of the stronghold, so no one feels left out?

This is not a game, people. The hunt for the Clues is heating up. For the first time in history, every branch has a shot at collecting all 39. We MUST be the first. Or else, the past 500 years of Tomas triumphs and sacrifices will have been entirely in vain. Do you want that on your shoulders? I didn’t think so.

Time to bring our A game, bears. Or, if you think you’ve already brought your A game, bring your A + game. Whatever it takes.

Let’s make it happen.

Ivan

message 7: by ♫♥Selena♥♫, THE LUCIANS SHALL DESTROY ALL! Or win.. Winning's good too. (last edited Apr 09, 2010 01:03PM) (new)

Okay, instead of posting so much, I'll put the rest in one :D

Stop Amy and Dan
Lucians—

I know many of you are still upset about the death of Irina Spasky, but this is no time to slow down. The events in Indonesia were regrettable but, believe me, they’re NOTHING compared to what will happen if we don’t win this competition.

It is ESSENTIAL that the Lucians beat Amy and Dan to the next location on the hunt. Isabel is in Indonesia with Ian and Natalie working on a plan, but we need back up. Here are your marching orders:

Surveillance teams: Effective IMMEDIATELY, you are on 24-hour duty until we determine the next location. Worried about sleep? Then I suggest you get started. You have about a week before brain damage sets in.

Cryptographers: Work with the intelligence team to intercept all coded messages sent to rivals in the field. There is no excuse for failure.

Field Agents: Our latest information suggests that Amy and Dan could be heading to one of the following locations. I want agents on the ground in all locations within 12 hours to investigate.

Mexico City, Mexico
Peoria, USA
Istanbul, Turkey

Don’t embarrass me.
-Vikram

The truth about Amy and Dan
Lucians—
There are rumors that some of you are questioning my methods, saying that I’m going “too far” to stop Amy and Dan.

WHAT KIND OF LUCIANS ARE YOU?!?! This is what we do. Amy and Dan aren’t cute little orphans that need to be coddled like abandoned puppies. They were in the Franklin Institute when the Starling triplets were blown up. They were a few meters away from Irina when she was killed in Indonesia. Wherever these children go, people get hurt.

They need to be eliminated from the competition . . . by whatever means necessary.

Isabel

South Africa update
Lucians—

As some of you might have heard, our trip to South Africa didn’t go exactly according to plan. After a lot of careful deliberation, we very generously offered to make an alliance with Amy and Dan. It was a controversial decision, to be sure, but no one can deny that those grimy, uncouth, terribly-dressed orphans have a tiny bit of Clue-hunting talent. (Or else, their cheating grandmother gave them a crib sheet. I wouldn’t put it past the sneaky old bag.)

It was a wonderful arrangement. Amy and Dan would’ve led us to the remaining Clues and then enjoyed their reward: a complimentary stay in a high security Lucian prison. (I’m sure it would’ve been an upgrade from their Boston apartment. I heard they share a bathroom. It’s barbaric.)

However, Amy and Dan foolishly declined our offer, which made mum a bit angry. Angrier than expected, really. She was seconds away from turning Dan into orphan sushi. If that hotheaded sister of his hadn’t intervened, it could have been rather messy. Not that I’m questioning mum’s methods, of course. Lucians do whatever it takes to win. It’s just that there’s a difference between talking about killing someone and actually, well, watching it happen.

Never mind. I’m being foolish. The only reason I’m glad they escaped is so I wouldn’t have poor people blood all over my Italian shoes. That, and the look in Amy’s eyes when she saw Dan being pushed toward that propeller. . .

Ian

Amy and Dan’s next move
IMPORTANT UPDATE

Our spies have tracked Amy and Dan to Indonesia, but no one knows where they’re going next. However, there is increased activity at certain Cahill hotspots around the world. I’m sending teams to these areas to investigate. We can’t let any more Clues slip through our hands.

Status: Surveillance images show multiple agents in cold weather survival gear. I’ve arranged for Jonah to film a documentary in Antarctica next week, so he’ll check out the situation and report back. But if anyone else is brave enough to join him, I’ll pay for your hypothermia treatment. (And don’t worry—our fashion designers have been working on a new cold weather clothing line. Just because you’re hanging out with penguins doesn’t mean you have to look like one.)

Status: Tomas and Ekat agents have been spotted near the Tower of London, which was once an important Lucian stronghold. Luckily, the Tomas and Ekats have spent more time launching sneak attacks on one another than looking for a Clue, so there’s still time for us to get in there.

Status: Now, I don’t want anyone to panic, but there are rumors of Madrigal activity in Johannesburg, South Africa. I’m sending a group of top Janus agents to investigate as soon as they finish their advanced weapons training.

Status: The Tomas are going crazy with security near the National Palace in Mexico City. Subtlety has never been their strong point. I need some of you to head over there before the Lucians have time to plan an ambush.

Amy and Dan could be heading to any of these locations, so let’s investigate them all.

Maria (For Cora)

South Africa
Yo, Janus –
Listen, I don’t know what y’all are doing out there, but my mom is not happy. Something major is going down in South Africa, but there aren’t any Janus agents to give us a report. Did no one read her last e-mail? Or did the thing about the Madrigals scare everyone off?

From our satellite images, it looks like the Lucians, the Tomas, and the Ekats all have people on the ground. If there’s a Clue in the area, they’re going to find it first.

Cora is ordering ALL agents to head to South Africa immediately. The only exceptions are those with full time positions in the strongholds, or anyone currently stationed near one of the poles. She’s not playing, y’all. Get moving. I know the Madrigals are mad scary but, trust me, an angry Cora is scarier . . .

Peace,
Jonah

Madrigal warning
Janus—
I have some alarming news to share with you. Recent intelligence suggests that there are Madrigal spies posing as members of other branches. There are even rumors that one of the teams Grace selected for her competition contains a Madrigal double agent.

It’s unclear whether Grace knew this when she decided who to invite to her will reading. We all know she had her secrets, but even Grace understood the danger of the Madrigals.

This information changes our strategy. Not only must find the 39 Clues before the other branches, but we have to do it before the Madrigals launch their next attack. They are unpredictable. They are deadly. And, above all, they are thorough. Throughout history, the Madrigals haven’t interfered often but, when they did, there were no survivors.

I need all you to exercise extreme caution. I don’t have time to attend funerals right now.

Cora

message 8: by Diana, The Tomas will SQUISH YOU!!! (new)

Diana | 635 comments Mod
Well, the Tomas probably wouldn't like you posting all our info here, but thanks for tip about the Lucian ambush at Mexico City. We will not fail this time. I will not fail this time, Ivan.

message 9: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) Ekat leadership probably wouldn't appreciate our secrets being told either.

message 10: by Savita, There is nothing we Lucians do better than revenge (new)

Savita (haltranger) | 3559 comments Mod
Where did you get all this stuff?

message 11: by Savita, There is nothing we Lucians do better than revenge (new)

AND IAN IS AN IDIOT!!!!

message 12: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) she has accounts for all 4 branches and she got on each of them.

message 13: by ♫♥Selena♥♫, THE LUCIANS SHALL DESTROY ALL! Or win.. Winning's good too. (new)

;) Easy. I hacked into the branch systems.

message 14: by ♫♥Selena♥♫, THE LUCIANS SHALL DESTROY ALL! Or win.. Winning's good too. (new)

Never mind. I’m being foolish. The only reason I’m glad they escaped is so I wouldn’t have poor people blood all over my Italian shoes. That, and the look in Amy’s eyes when she saw Dan being pushed toward that propeller. . .

He cares about her.

Probably no worse than being stuck in a cave with vile relitives. Although one wasn't all that vile... Forget it, I'm clearly ill.

HEHEHE!!! THEY ARE MEANT TO BE! All of these are quotes from Ian, and, did i mention, IAN KISSED AMY AND KURT DIDN'T?

message 15: by Diana, The Tomas will SQUISH YOU!!! (new)

Diana | 635 comments Mod
Um, Kurt only knew Amy for like a day so it wouldn't be appropriate for him to kiss her.

Even though he cares about Amy, he would've still gone through with his mother's plan.

Ian probably shouldn't have kissed her anyway because they still don't know each other very well.

message 16: by Savita, There is nothing we Lucians do better than revenge (new)

I hate Ian!! He's worthless, and a terrible example of a Lucian. Kurt and Amy are meant to be. Oh, that would explain it. My friend has four accounts too. Ok, I just actually read the stuff. Woah. Poor Irina. Ian called Grace an old bag, and you still like him?!?!? And, I admit, I think I'm going soft. The thought of killing Amy and Dan...

message 17: by Savita, There is nothing we Lucians do better than revenge (new)

AGH!!! I just read what I wrote! FORGET WHAT I JUST SAID. Geez, I hope Isabel never sees that.

message 18: by ♫♥Selena♥♫, THE LUCIANS SHALL DESTROY ALL! Or win.. Winning's good too. (new)

Savita wrote: "I hate Ian!! He's worthless, and a terrible example of a Lucian. Kurt and Amy are meant to be. Oh, that would explain it. My friend has four accounts too. Ok, I just actually read the stuff. Woah. ..."

yes. Ian grew up in Britain. He calls people hags. ^ - ^

message 19: by ♫♥Selena♥♫, THE LUCIANS SHALL DESTROY ALL! Or win.. Winning's good too. (new)

^ . ^

message 20: by Savita, There is nothing we Lucians do better than revenge (new)

So? He's still an undignified, worthless Lucian.

message 21: by ♫♥Selena♥♫, THE LUCIANS SHALL DESTROY ALL! Or win.. Winning's good too. (new)

Equipment Upgrade
Ekats—

In response to rumors about the location of the next clue, we’ve ordered a mandatory equipment upgrade for all Ekats, including survival gear intended for below-freezing temperatures and harsh surroundings.

There are several new forms of transportation. Rocket skis are our most thrilling invention, though more cautious agents may prefer the solar powered snow mobile. But, in a blizzard, you’re better off with my personal favorite, “the limo sled”— a twelve-foot long, electric sleigh complete with a surround-sound system.

You’ll also receive an insulated bottle that will turn snow into warm water. We are still working on the injection that makes a person impervious to cold, as we haven’t yet figured out how to keep the person from turning blue permanently.

In terms of clothing, we have a coat that quickly inflates to form an avalanche-resistant bubble around the wearer, and trousers that expand into an insulated, four-person tent. My nephew contributed an invention designed to prevent boredom while journeying across the frozen tundra—a bowler hat that talks. That one’s optional.

Enjoy!

- Bae

message 22: by ♫♥Selena♥♫, THE LUCIANS SHALL DESTROY ALL! Or win.. Winning's good too. (new)

those lucky ekat boogers. I hope you guys turn blue

message 23: by ♫♥Selena♥♫, THE LUCIANS SHALL DESTROY ALL! Or win.. Winning's good too. (new)

MISSION 7 IS OUT!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!1

message 24: by ♫♥Selena♥♫, THE LUCIANS SHALL DESTROY ALL! Or win.. Winning's good too. (new)

OHHHH, IT'S A tOMAS cLUE

OMG, CAPS?

message 25: by ♫♥Selena♥♫, THE LUCIANS SHALL DESTROY ALL! Or win.. Winning's good too. (new)

Sir John Franklin
Lucians—
Mum suspects that there’s a Clue connected to Sir John Franklin, a 19th century Tomas explorer, so she asked me to research his expeditions into the Canadian arctic. I’ve slogged through many boring, poorly color-coordinated websites about the history of the Northwest Passage so you don’t have to. You’re welcome. . .

As it turns out, Franklin’s entire expedition mysteriously disappeared. While that’s not too surprising in itself—he was a Tomas after all—the size of the search party that went looking for Franklin seems suspicious. The search continued for years! It almost seems as if it wasn’t a rescue mission at all, but rather an attempt to recover something, perhaps an item that was on one of Franklin’s ships?

We’re sending the Shark to find the remains of the expedition and scan the surrounding area. For all we know, Franklin could have abandoned his ships and escaped into the arctic tundra on foot. We know he was a Tomas; if anyone could stay warm in the arctic it would be one of those mammoths.

Stay vigilant,

Ian

message 26: by ♫♥Selena♥♫, THE LUCIANS SHALL DESTROY ALL! Or win.. Winning's good too. (new)

When I realized it was Ian that wrote it, I was like, hawt.. lol.. jk.. XD

message 27: by ♫♥Selena♥♫, THE LUCIANS SHALL DESTROY ALL! Or win.. Winning's good too. (new)

Arctic update
Janus—

Our satellites have captured signs of Cahill activity near both the North and South Poles. I’ve already sent Jonah to Antarctica to investigate, but there’s a good chance we’ll be sending a team to the North Pole, stat.

We believe the Clue might have something to do with Sir John Franklin, a Tomas explorer who disappeared in 1845. We researched the topic thoroughly and plan to send you this information in the form of the miniseries we’re currently filming titled Sir John Franklin, His Mysterious Disappearance and the Woman who Loved Him.

In the mean time, I want everyone to get up to speed on the facts, in case we need to dispatch any of you on a high priority mission.

Franklin was sent by the British government to discover a Northwest Passage through the Arctic Circle, but he disappeared along with the rest of his fleet. In spite of a massive rescue operation, Franklin and his men were never found. Years later, researchers came across frozen remains that have been linked to the expedition.

If Franklin was transporting a Clue, there’s a good chance it’s still up there. I know the Janus aren’t famous for expeditions to the harshest locations on earth, but now’s the time to change that! We can NOT let another Clue slip through our fingers. Go get your mittens . . .

Cora

message 28: by ♫♥Selena♥♫, THE LUCIANS SHALL DESTROY ALL! Or win.. Winning's good too. (new)

Increased Security
After the disaster in South Africa, we need to change our game plan. We have to keep up the search and we need to do a MUCH better job of defending any advantages we have over the other branches. Do I have to spell it out for you guys? DEFENSE!!!

I don’t want to hear about agents from other branches poking their noses around the North Pole. In fact, I don’t want to hear about agents from other branches anywhere in the northern hemisphere. I don’t care if it’s impossible. Just get it done.

We need every available security measure in place around the North Pole, and I want the defenses we already have reinforced as strongly as possible. I want cloaking, snow leopards, armed guards, motion-sensor activated machine guns, crocodile-filled moats, well – not moats, I guess, those would freeze. But you get the idea. As long as it’s between the enemy and the North Pole and inflicts physical harm, I’m happy.

Ivan

message 29: by Savita, There is nothing we Lucians do better than revenge (new)

1. Moats? In the North Pole? I can't believe he even considered the idea!
2. Seriously, Selena? Ian sent an e-mail, so you think it's the most important message in the world. Geez, you're an awful example of a Lucian...

message 30: by ♫♥Selena♥♫, THE LUCIANS SHALL DESTROY ALL! Or win.. Winning's good too. (new)

;) Hahaha... I know that it isn't the most important message in the world... Anyways, my Lucian is my side account, but my first account. So, yeah. My main that I put my cards on is Ekaterina, but my Agent Card has the Lucian crest. ;)

And, when did I say that it was the most important message in the world? Hmm?

message 31: by Savita, There is nothing we Lucians do better than revenge (new)

It's implied. Ekat? Seriously.

message 32: by Diana, The Tomas will SQUISH YOU!!! (new)

Diana | 635 comments Mod
Savita wrote: "1. Moats? In the North Pole? I can't believe he even considered the idea!

Hey! It could work! We could fill it with penguins! Oh wait...that's the South Pole...

message 33: by ♫♥Selena♥♫, THE LUCIANS SHALL DESTROY ALL! Or win.. Winning's good too. (new)

ah-haha

message 34: by Savita, There is nothing we Lucians do better than revenge (new)

Yes, and penguins make such great guards. At least, until you throw them a fish.

message 35: by Diana, The Tomas will SQUISH YOU!!! (new)

Diana | 635 comments Mod
Hmmm...not if they're FLESH EATING PENGUINS!!! As in, human flesh. Maybe we can get them to target Lucian flesh...

message 36: by ♫♥Selena♥♫, THE LUCIANS SHALL DESTROY ALL! Or win.. Winning's good too. (last edited Mar 20, 2010 11:01AM) (new)

Diana wrote: "Hmmm...not if they're FLESH EATING PENGUINS!!! As in, human flesh. Maybe we can get them to target Lucian flesh..."

*cough* *cough* *PUNCH* *cough* *cough*

message 37: by Savita, There is nothing we Lucians do better than revenge (new)

I'm sorry. We are above flesh eating penguins. We have much more high-tech (and low-tech) ways of security.

message 38: by Diana, The Tomas will SQUISH YOU!!! (new)

Diana | 635 comments Mod
Hey, if anyone's getting low-tech, it's gonna be us. Did you steal our technology?

message 39: by ♫♥Selena♥♫, THE LUCIANS SHALL DESTROY ALL! Or win.. Winning's good too. (new)

What technology?

message 40: by Savita, There is nothing we Lucians do better than revenge (new)

BURN!!!!!! We have our mechanical penguins that automatically scan intruders and measure if they're threats. If they are, they are immediatley neutralized. If they're not, they are requested to go through in an identification process.

message 41: by ♫♥Selena♥♫, THE LUCIANS SHALL DESTROY ALL! Or win.. Winning's good too. (new)

A unicorn identifies them.. ;)

message 42: by Savita, There is nothing we Lucians do better than revenge (new)

Yup. If you're not who you say you are... well, let's just say it takes a lot of work to clean of it's horn and the ground...

message 43: by Diana, The Tomas will SQUISH YOU!!! (new)

Diana | 635 comments Mod
So you DID steal our technology...!

message 44: by ♫♥Selena♥♫, THE LUCIANS SHALL DESTROY ALL! Or win.. Winning's good too. (new)

Seriously. WHAT technology?

message 45: by Diana, The Tomas will SQUISH YOU!!! (new)

Diana | 635 comments Mod
The penguins and unicorns! You think that anyone but a Tomas could come up with that?!

message 46: by ♫♥Selena♥♫, THE LUCIANS SHALL DESTROY ALL! Or win.. Winning's good too. (new)

Ummm.. i'm PRETTY sure I came up with that unicorn idea with help from Brandon Mull

message 47: by Savita, There is nothing we Lucians do better than revenge (new)

And I'm pretty sure I added on to all the penguins and unicorns.

message 48: by ♫♥Selena♥♫, THE LUCIANS SHALL DESTROY ALL! Or win.. Winning's good too. (new)

Penguins and unicorns are for SISSIES! Except for me, of course. Lucians can look cool doing ANYTHING

message 49: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) Sure.......

message 50: by Savita, There is nothing we Lucians do better than revenge (last edited Mar 27, 2010 04:03PM) (new)

Well, duh, Lucians look great doing Anything !

« previous 1 3 4 5 6