The General Roleplay Cafe discussion

Pirating Roleplay > The Roleplay!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 226 (226 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Hair | 109 comments Mod
Okay, since no one else will. (Of our five members), I'll start one. This rp is based off of an easy topic, pirates and neighboring coastlines. Here is an introduction to my character, Adoncia, a young girl working in the fields of cuba.

Her hands rubbed the plant fibers slowly together before putting them in the basket. She didn't really know why she did it. It was tradition, as so many other things in the valley. Even her job was tradition. Her grandmother had worked in the fields until the day she died, her mother had worked in the fields until the day she died, and Adoncia would join them one day, buried in the old grove south of Querdencia. She sighed and continued working, looking always out to blue ocean water. Marriage to a pirate was acceptable. Any girl in the village would gladly marry a pirate. They came often, and took Spanish brides. Perhaps this time, they would choose her.

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) I'll make a pirate..most likely an apprentice to the trade.

Castro woke up and looked over the balmy seas. The crashing of the waves against a nearby sea boulder made his heart lurch for more adventure on the seas. When where they going to get to any piece of land? He wasn't training as a pirate for nothing!

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited May 14, 2008 10:58AM) (new)

((I have a pirate character from a story that never ended up happening))

Molli Black looked at the crashing waves from the upper deck of the ship. She knew that they would have to go ashore sooner rather than later; their navigator was dying and they were running short on food. She knew this and she knew the captain knew this. Her knee high boots clicked on the wood as she stepped away from the rail into the center of the deck. She grabbed the rigging and swung out so that she was contorted over the ocean. She looked all around the ship. Not another ship in sight. Good thing, too. She knew that if the Royal Navy caught her again, she would most likely die for her crimes this time. She had lost so much of her once charismatic mind that was prone to making sense to the sea that she wasn't sure she would be able to make an escape the next time she was thrown in the brig. She watched the crew move about the ship, fastening the rigging and such. She brought herself back onto the ship and yelled, "make sure the riggin's good and tight there, we'll make port today! I can feel it in me bones!"

message 4: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) | 141 comments ((Hmmmmmm....... Can I make a pirate's prisoner?))
Avery huddled in the corner of the pirate's hold. Why him? What had he ever done? He wasn't even worth a ransom. He had bruises all over him were the pirates had kicked him in passing. Maybe they're going to sell me? He shivered. He was not build for slave work, being more delacate in bone structure. At home, he had been able to work on the farm well, and done everything that his father could when he got the chance, but he'd seen how the slaves had to work when he passed other farmer's fields. Anything but a slave! he pleaded silently.

message 5: by Kristen (new)

Adoncia stepped up to haul her basket's worth back. The overseer looked her over as she dumped her load in. "Are you one of the mulattos?" He didn't seem threatening, so she nodded, keeping her head high. "My mother was a descendant of Nzinga." The overseer shook his head and handed her basket back. "Let me guess," he growled, "And your father was Henry VIII." He pushed her roughly back to the fields and she left, not wishing to say anything more.

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited May 19, 2008 11:13AM) (new)

Molli Black, satisfied that the crew would not be the death of the ship, ducked down into the hold, walking to her cabin. As first mate of The Shameful Damnation, she merited her own cabin. She pushed through the door and saw a parchment envelope sitting against her pillow. Ignoring it, she sat at her desk and stared at the sea charts, trying to decipher where they were. She herself had never been good with maps. She heard the door open behind her and looked out the porthole.

message 7: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) | 141 comments Avery shrank even farther into the corner as he heard footsteps comming along the path toward him. He was patheticaly relived when they passed by were he was being held. Stop being such a coward!

message 8: by Hans (new)

Hans (sknirds) | 1 comments ((I'll create a character who is sick of his dull life))

Jack Butler stared out the window unable to believe what his eyes were seeing. After countless months of waiting, a ship had finally been spotted on the horizon. This was his chance to get off of this forsaken island for good. "I'll leave first thing tomorrow" he said as he started to pack up his belongings.

message 9: by Kristen (new)

(Is anyone going to be captain, or do I have to play him?)

message 10: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) | 141 comments ((I thought that Molli Black was the captain.))

message 11: by Kristen (new)

(No, she's first mate. It says so in her last post.)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

((first mates have been known to have more fun, plus I get to torment this Avery...sorry, Morgan, you put him where he is...))

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

((where/what should i be/do?))

message 14: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) | 141 comments ((I want something to happen to him. Could something happen to him? Please?))

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

((i'll be ship's cat!!!!!))

message 16: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) | 141 comments ((2 things: 1, can there be two cats? 2, Can something happen to Avery? He's borring just sitting there.))

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

((so can i?))

message 18: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) | 141 comments ((If there can be 2, I want to be the other one!))

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

((i wanna first! teehee. should it be male, female, color, name? etc? suggestions? morgan, you and i can do it together, if you don't mind. I can't do this too regularly. it'll kill me))

message 20: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) | 141 comments ((Great, in that case, it should be a ginger female. I'll look up a name.))

message 21: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) | 141 comments ((How 'bout Claret?))

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

((tabbs? fwit? morgan? fworgan? mwit?))

message 23: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) | 141 comments ((Claret means red dry wine, like how in the pirate storys they drink a lot?))

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

((Mwit! Fworgan!))

message 25: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) | 141 comments ((Want me to look up another?))

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

((u choose))

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

"Did you forget that we 'ave a prisonah on board? You've not done more than kick 'im in passing. There's not been no blood yet, not like the good old days when you acted like yerself." Derrick, one of the ship's gunners, asked Molli, snapping her out of her revirie.
"What? Oh, hello, Derrick. What's this about a prisoner?" Molli slammed her fist down on the map infront of her and turned her head to look at the heavily tanned man standing in her doorway.
"In the hold. Caught 'im trying to stow away. You've not done anythin' about 'im and some of the men are gettin' impatient."
"Oh, I'll take care of 'im right now. Care to come?" Molli stood up and slipped her blue seacoat over her white blouse.
"Always. This is my favorite part."
Molli exited the room and walked down to where Derrick told her the boy was being held. The captured boy came into view, a shivering, bruised excuse for a man. She saw his head whipp around as she approached, her boots being particularly loud on the saturated planks. The boy's eyes had more fear in them than Molli had seen in years. This was going to be fun. "And what be yer name, boy?" Molli put her hands on her hips as she asked this question.

message 28: by Morgan (last edited May 19, 2008 02:31PM) (new)

Morgan (cheshire) | 141 comments "Avery." said Avery, trying not to sound like a mouse that had been cornered by a visious cat.

message 29: by Kristen (last edited May 19, 2008 02:47PM) (new)

(Guys, if there's no captain, there's no story. Someone has to bring the ship to shore.)

message 30: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) | 141 comments ((Why don't you be the captain? You are the leader of sorts.))

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

"And where be yer home, Avery? Surely not so bad as to make you stow away on a ship you know naught about." Molli looked at the roof, which was now leaking a steady stream of seawater at Molli's feet. She heard the captain walking about, giving orders to the crew in Molli's absence. "Can't 'ave been that 'orrible."

((I can write the captain if we need one.))

message 32: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) | 141 comments "A couple ports ago." said Avery, still trying to force the shake out of his voice, "A farm a few hours away. How else was I to get to school?" He added, almost pleading "We couldn't afford passage."

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

"'Fraid? Should be. Can't say I envy you. Where is this school you speak of?" Molli looked back at Avery, repositioning herself away from the leak. "If ye wanted ta be a pirate, all ya had ta do was say so. Don't 'ave ta stow away on a ship that could be goin' to the Americas for all you know."

message 34: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) | 141 comments "England." said Avery nervously "I don't want to be a pirate, no. I would have taken another ship, but you seem to have perfected hiding who you are. I want to work with maps and books."

message 35: by Timothy (new)

Timothy Peay (timothypeay) | 2 comments Dearin slow wandered through the streets of Querdencia. He was weary after the long afternoon of meeting after meeting. His hand pestered him, sore and aking. He wondered if he would every be able to take it out of the postion of holding a pen.

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) "Capt'n!" Castro called, "When are we going to land?"

message 37: by Timothy (new)

Timothy Peay (timothypeay) | 2 comments wishing for nothing else but to go home and greet his daughter, Adoncia.

(sorry i accidently posted it so this is part of the one right above it)

message 38: by Kristen (new)

((Alright, Captain it is. Adoncia can be a lousy slave for the rest of her life.))

Isaac Morris stomped on deck and smiled. "How are my men?" The crew gave him the lazy-eyed grimace they always did and he stepped to the side, not really expecting an answer. His crew might not have been the most ethused, but they were loyal, at least. He idly looked around, then stopped one of the sailors. "Where's Molli?" The squat man looked up. "'Aving her self a prisoner, if I'm right, Cap'ain." Isaac nodded and climbed gently down the stairs, his boots thunking the wood softly. "Molli Black, are ye down here?" Isaac asked with a brief smile. He had always been charismatic, someone everyone loved. Who could resist a blond alelover anyway?

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

"Aye, Cap'n, down 'ere." Molli yelled up at the stairs into the hold. "And where in England did you think we were off to? London?" Molli looked into Avery's eyes, feeding off the fear they seemed to emit.

message 40: by Morgan (last edited May 21, 2008 03:15PM) (new)

Morgan (cheshire) | 141 comments "I knew you were going to England from the cargo that you were loading into the ship. It's all got either tags or labels on it so it goes to the right place. You aren't going to London, but you are going to Northfleet." Avery stammered. "There's a public school in London were I was to go." He added "So it didn't cost anything to get a spot."

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

"And just 'ow were you planning to get to London from Northfleet? Surely you weren't going ta walk?" Molli looked at the planks nearest the boy, Avery's head. She could feel Derrick getting closer to snapping if she didn't do something violent to this stowaway. "Surely you didn't think we were goin' ta simply let you aboard?"

message 42: by Morgan (last edited May 21, 2008 04:48PM) (new)

Morgan (cheshire) | 141 comments "There happen to be several roads, which means there will be waggons, farmers, horses, you name it." said Avery with a small shrug. "Eventualy someone would have stopped and let me hitch a ride. To be honest, I wasn't planning on being found."

message 43: by Kristen (new)

Issac stood close and simply watched. He knew Molli could handle it better than him. She had always been quick with her temper, and for him to step in now would be little short tyranny. He did however step forward. "Miss Molli, I see no reason why we shouldn't just slit his throat and be done with it. He's just wasting mine and your time." Isaac pulled his dagger out of his sheath. "Here, I won't even make you get your hands dirty."

message 44: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) | 141 comments Avery's eyes widened with fear and he pressed himself against the wall, trying to get as much space as possiable between him and the dagger.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

"Back away, Issac. This is not your place. Yours is to direct the ship. Mine is to torture." Molli glared at Issac from beneath her red dyed bangs. Her head whipped to Avery. "So, Avery, make your choice. Life as a pirate, or a violent death."

message 46: by Kristen (new)

Isaac felt his blood burn. How dare Molli make a fool out of him. She would have to be talked to. He turned on his heel and began to walk away. He dropped a mocking curtsy to Molli. "Of course, your highness." He abruptly ascended the stairs, annoyed. He was captain. He had pardoned her aboard! She never would have had the life she had now if it wasn't for his good graces. He retreated to his cabin, thinking a single thought: blasted women!

message 47: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cheshire) | 141 comments Not much of a choice, thought Avery. "First one." he said, voice shaking again.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

"Good choice. Welcome aboard The Damned Salvation. You'll be learnin' from meself. Avery, ya said? Not much of a fearful name for a pirate." Molli ignored Issac's mocking, as was normal.
"Ya learn from Molli, ya learn from the best." Derrick assured the boy as Molli grabbed Avery's hand and pulled him to his feet.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

((who should i make?))

message 50: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) ((Can I make a pirate?))

« previous 1 3 4 5