Into the Forest discussion

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine (chrisarrow) | 1388 comments Mod
Some comments on Disney's fairy tales movies. Apparently they are doing a version of Rapunzel.

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hil...

message 2: by Mawgojzeta (last edited Mar 19, 2010 06:50AM) (new)

Mawgojzeta | 240 comments Interesting article all around.

I hope Disney does not ruin it. Can't really see them working in the fact that the prince gets her pregnant while they are in the tower - haha - I am sure that early version will be totally disregarded.

message 3: by Christine (new)

The poor twins hardly ever get screen time. So sad!

message 4: by Mawgojzeta (new)

Mawgojzeta | 240 comments Haha - think that her giving birth alone in the forest might be a bit traumatizing for young viewers.

message 5: by Elley (new)

Elley Murray (elleyotter) They're going to fluff and silly it all up, but I'm STILL EXCITED! I love that they're going back to animated movies based on classic fairy tales, instead of CG'd, 3D garbage.

I loved the last one they came out with based on The Frog Prince, and thought they did a great job of BASING a movie on a fairy tale while at the same time turning it completely on its head. =) I'm very excited to see what they do with the Rapunzel story in "Tangled."

message 6: by Elley (new)

Elley Murray (elleyotter) Aaaaand after reading the article at that link, I am less excited. CG Disney? Again? Really? *sigh* I am so disappointed...

message 7: by Christine (new)

Disney is planning a live action Cinderella.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/05/disne...

message 8: by Elley (new)

Elley Murray (elleyotter) I JUST SAW THAT THE OTHER DAY! And I am SOOOO excited! <3 <3 Hope it's good... Hope it's SOON!

message 9: by Christine (new)

IMDB.com has new photos up for Tangled.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0398286/

message 10: by Christine (new)

The voice of Disney's Cinderella died.

message 11: by Mindy (new)

Mindy (minuet33) | 43 comments I know this is an old topic but I want to comment on the princess and the frog part. Disney based it off of E.D. Bakers The Frog Princess, which is a cute easy read! And I loved Tangled btw!

message 12: by Jessi (new)

Jessi | 76 comments Loved Tangled and the Princess and the Frog =)

message 13: by Candace (last edited Nov 23, 2011 06:13PM) (new)

Candace Pettit | 28 comments I love The Frog Princess series. And I was happy that they didn't call it The Frog Princess, as they were originally going to, because the story most definitely isn't anywhere near E.D. Baker's books. That said, taking the idea of the girl changing into a frog and then making a completely original and adorable story around that was great.

I also loved Tangled.