Catching Fire discussion

New Victors!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carly (new)

Carly | 3 comments I loved Catching Fire. I find the romance sweet and interesting, but am much more interested in the rebellion itself. I know some people haven't liked the fact that Katniss and Peeta end up in another Hunger Games, but I didn't mind at all, since it gave us a chance to get to know past victors. Finnick and Joanna were my favorites! I love Joanna's line "I don't care if you are knocked up, I'll rip your throat out," or something along those lines. Who else thought the old victors was one of the best parts of the story?

message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie (katie101) | 3 comments I LOVED that part of the book. In the first book haymitch and the other victors were a huuuge mystery and i spend a large portion of my time wondering how other people had won. Was it luck, strength, smarts? and it turns out its kind of combination of all three. Soooo interesting. Especialy how haymitch won. I thought that was great.

message 3: by Carly (new)

Carly | 3 comments It totally was. And the fact that Haymitch and the others were working all along to further the rebellion and break Katniss and Peeta out of the arena shows that some of them have hearts and consciences, too. Even the careers, since Finnick was from a career district. They weren't simply cold-blooded killers. I'd like to know more about Finnick and crazy Annie.

message 4: by Stacy Palm (new)

Stacy Palm Johanna was one of my favorite Victors, but I have a feeling she will be/was killed after the escape.

message 5: by Carly (new)

Carly | 3 comments I think she will, too. That was probably why Collins kept Johanna and Katniss ... at odds, i guess. They didn't get along well, even though J was committed to helping her.