For The L♥ve of Reading discussion

Discussions > Can You?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Can you weed out all of the books read and list your top 10?

Good Luck narrowing them down :)

message 2: by Elizabeth☮ (last edited Feb 27, 2010 12:39PM) (new)

Elizabeth☮ top ten of all time? in no particular order.

1. blubber
2. watership down
3. the picture of dorian gray
4. what is the what
5. short stories by j.d. salinger
6. charlotte's web
7. the scarlet letter
8. night
9. the miraculous journey of edward tulane
10. the grapes of wrath

message 3: by Dara (new)

Dara | 85 comments Don't think I can do it...but I will say that The Help by Kathryn Stockett and The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls are 2 of my alltime faves.

message 4: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) you really liked the scarlet letter?

message 5: by Denise (new)

Denise (redreader) | 34 comments I have thought on this for a while and I just don't think I can list ten...not sure if this is a good thing. I almost feel there haven't been ten books to make a list yet there are so many books I have loved. Seems like there is more I want to say here, but not sure what to say. I'm going to think on this some more!

message 6: by Elizabeth☮ (last edited Feb 28, 2010 02:59PM) (new)

Elizabeth☮ *LeONor*PapeRDoLL wrote: "you really liked the scarlet letter?"

i love, love, love this book. i have read it multiple times at different stages of my life. first, at fourteen. next, at seventeen. then at twenty-one or twenty-two (some time in college). and as an adult. i used to teach it, so i've read it multiple times. and i just think the writing is so rich and the characters are so well-developed. particularly pearl. incredible writing.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

That is why I named this one "Can You?" It is hard.

I don't think I can make a list of 10 either. I think I'll try. But most of them are going to be recently read books.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Master An Erotic Novel of the Count of Monte Cristo by Colette Gale Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick Soulless (The Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger Born of Night (The League, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Born of Fire (The League, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon City of Bones (Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare Three Wishes by Barbara Delinsky The Misunderstood Jew The Church and the Scandal of the Jewish Jesus by Amy-Jill Levine

This is a good start. This makes my recently enjoyed and want to re-read list. I guess we can call them favorites.

message 9: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** I will have to think about it but I will come up with something:) With a series do I count the individual book or count can a series be counted as one book?

message 10: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) Elizabeth wrote: "*LeONor*PapeRDoLL wrote: "you really liked the scarlet letter?"

i love, love, love this book. i have read it multiple times at different stages of my life. first, at fourteen. next, at sevent..."

I read it last year and Ive to say i was pretty disapointed...

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Carla, I'd say the first book of the series or if you loved them all you can list each one. or haven't finished the series. Your call. I'm not a picky person.

message 12: by Angela (new)

Angela B I probably can if I can include a whole series as a book....but it would take awhile so maybe I'll have to come back to this later

message 13: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) Hm...this will take some serious thought. :)

message 14: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 12 comments I'm going to be reading The Vinyl Princess.

message 15: by **Carla** (last edited May 12, 2010 07:15PM) (new)

**Carla** City of Bones (Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer The Host by Stephenie Meyer The Hunger Games (Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins Night by Elie Wiesel

so here is a start.....and for the most part the books in a series that are already out, the first book speaks for the entire series.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Great start. You have three of my favorite books on this list.

You might also like Soulless by Gail Carriager.

message 17: by Angela (new)

Angela B I can't do it....well maybe if I use the first book to represent a whole series :) I haven't really really tried yet...

The Rainbow Zebra (therainbowzebra) Nope. Couldn't pick my top 10 if you paid me LOL It's such a fluid list. Gone with the Wind is ALWAYS on that list though.

The Rainbow Zebra (therainbowzebra) My top 10 *right now* (may change tomorrow LOL)
No certain order
Gone with the Wind
Never Look Away
Harry Potter series
Between, Georgia (tho I can't wait to read Joshilyn's latest)
Othello
Little Women (first book I remember crying during)
Little House on the Prairie series
I Know why the Caged Bird Sings
Whale Rider
Bring Em Back Alive (My grandparents got me a first edition of this for my bday)