For The L♥ve of Reading discussion

Discussions > Book Marks

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What do you use for a book mark? Does it matter? Do you enjoy buying new book marks or receiving them? Is your page corner bent over?

Let us know... How do you keep your page?

message 2: by KSMary (new)

KSMary I use bookmarks if I can find one. Usually I use the receipt from the bookstore or the library. LOL My daughter bends the corner pages and it drives me CRAZY!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I usually have tons of books piled up. I like to use pictures for all of my research books so I can smile in between all of the serious reading. (Research is usually on microbes, religious wars, and genocide.) Fun me reads tend to get the library receipt. Although, my boys have been making me book marks. So, cute!!!

message 4: by Karli (new)

Karli (goodreadscomkarli_is_booked) I usually read only one book at a time, and this past summer my friend got me a book thong with a jewel at the top, and a yin/yang on the bottom. I LOVE it, and it's what I use for my books. My husband folds over pages, I've got a tag from a new shirt tucked into our place in Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing that I'm currently reading to Gabe.

message 5: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) what ever I find *shrugs* sometimes i forget and just put the books , opened, upside down, that drives muy mom crazy lolz

message 6: by Denise (new)

Denise (redreader) | 34 comments I use anything for a book mark. I have actaul book marks but I use any flat item I can find and sometimes I even use non flat items. I don't like turned corners, but I have a collectors heart and turned corners can hurt value.

message 7: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Usually I just memorize the pages number that I'm on if I can't find anything.
I don't put dog ears on mine either but most books I read are from the library. It bothers me when a book has dogs ears or if someone leaves the book open flat down. I'm not OCD about it, I just don't like it. I think it ruins the spine of the book and the pages.

message 8: by Elizabeth☮ (new)

Elizabeth☮ i have bookmarkers from my childhood. one is garfield and another has dolphins on it. i love bookmarkers and long for one that is engraved with my name. i collect them from different places i visit. a nice reminder of vacations long past as i read. i sometimes try to match my bookmark to the content or the author of the book i'm reading. i rotate my bookmarkers out. i don't like to use the same one two times in a row. OCD.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

That is cool. It is nice to have some thing different every time. I'm know to use all of the above as bookmarks. This one time I used an old cough drop wrapper. I used anything just so I did't dog ear the book. I hate dog ears!!

[ eff. i have no clue! ^o^ ] (me_want_cookie) | 40 comments I use a picture of my favorite actor, Brian Krause. Or sometimes I use this picture of me and my mother when I was a little girl....

It depends on the book.

message 11: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) My favorite bookmark was one my mother cross stitched for me. It lasted all the way to highschool when the bookmark got caught in the zipper of the backpack. I also have so many others but I only use a couple right now for the differnt groups or free reading I do.

message 12: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** each year at mt sons school on his birthday he gets a card from the school that is more like a book mark than a card and it has his school picture for that year with his name and school year date on it and that is what I use for my book mark and I get a new one every year!!!

message 13: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) I definitely use a book mark all the time. I hate it when people bend the corners of a page. It is very annoying. My mother does it with her books. I don't like any part of my books bent. It drives me crazy.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't like new books to be bent. However, there are a few books that have been re-read several times and look like they have been loved. =)

message 15: by Pandy (new)

Pandy I don't like bending pages either, but my mom dog ears pages whenever she comes across a passage she likes or a word that she wants to look up. I don't use use book marks - I tried to before, but I just kept losing them.

message 16: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) I don't ever bend my books. I always use a bookmark and mark my place exactly where I left off.