Thoughts on the World discussion

Did you Know? > Strange names

Comments Showing 1-50 of 95 (95 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) Jennifer means Fair Phantom
And Darth and Star are actual names.

Felicity/Rosestar (felicity) | 39 comments Cricket is a name

Felicity is an actual word in the dictionary. It means happy, joyous or being happiness.

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) Sweet! My real name (Ranelle) is made up by my dad. Has no meaning.

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) I love the name Felicity. Always have.

Felicity/Rosestar (felicity) | 39 comments Awesome! Great name, Great name.

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments katie is greek and means pure. but my names katherine anne which means the same exact thing in greek too.

message 7: by Morgan, Life consists of circles (new)

Morgan (cheshire) | 95 comments Mod
Dee means dark one.
Bergin means cave dweller.
Candidia means white.
Morgan means sea.
(These are all in another language, of corse. They're Celtic names, exept for Morgan, which means sea in Welsh. It also means morrning in German.)

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) Lol. Lemme do some of my characters:

Calvin means bald
Steven means crown
Anita means Gracious. Merciful
Zephyr means West Wind
Savannah means Open Plain
Whitney means From the White Island
Raymond means Council Protection 0_o

message 9: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Brigid means, like, "strong warrior woman" or something like that. and saint brigid is the patron saint of ireland... lol.

message 10: by Katie (last edited May 14, 2008 05:00PM) (new)

Katie | 312 comments yup she is. we have a cross of st. brigid somewhere in this house....

message 11: by Soumya (new)

Soumya Hi, I am Soumya. I just joined the group. it seemed interesting.
My name is Soumya, it is an indian name( i am an indian). Lot of americans have trouble saying my name, sorry if i offended you.
Soumya

message 12: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ don't worry; no offense taken. :D so how do you pronounce your name, soumya?

message 13: by Wee!wawaLAA!!! (new)

Wee!wawaLAA!!! (kawala) | 139 comments I have no clue what my name means.
I think it was extracted from the guy name, william ._____."" i don't really know
Soumya, your name is sooo pretty! What does it mean? like is there any tribal meanings and stuff? :3 Wait, are you indian (as in from india) or native american?

message 14: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments OOOH! im native american! a little anyway. my mom had enough native american indian that she sould get a scholarship.....but she didnt know that.....hm...

message 15: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) really KT? me 2!!! u don't really look like it tho... lol.
Allison means 'noble' so I must be royal or something!

message 16: by Soumya (new)

Soumya (Brigid), well it is hard to type it, but maybe this might help you, SOWMYA or S-O-O-M-Y-Y-A.

(WEE!WAWALAA!!:3), there are lots of meanings to my name, it means quiet, gold, a lot of other meanings that i don't know. i am an indian, i was born here in USA, along with my sister. My parents were born in india and were brought up there.

message 17: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ wow. that's cool! :D

message 18: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments well, allie, im lots of other stuff too. most of it i dont know. big family...hard to keep track yadda yadda. irish, german, scottish, french, monomony native american, yugoslavian, and well lots of other stuff.

message 19: by Soumya (new)

Soumya (Katie), wow that is amazing.

(Brigid), thanks. your name is beautiful. i like a lot of american names or other language names.

message 20: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ thanks soumya! :D i love your name too!

message 21: by Wee!wawaLAA!!! (new)

Wee!wawaLAA!!! (kawala) | 139 comments that is so awesome :]
I don't get to meet a lot of different cultures in my school
there's way too many asians in the district :P
wow, katie, you have so much culture
i just have one: chinese...not exactly original
I would love to meet native americans, i love their cultures, ever since 3rd grade history :D

message 22: by Soumya (new)

Soumya be lucky that you have asians in your school. I am the only indian in my school. there are very few asians in my school, but no indians other than me.

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) I have mixed people. We have groups of hispanics and polynesians, mostly.

message 24: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ i think i live in a pretty diverse town... i guess a lot of people come here cuz the schools are supposedly really good. (okay, well i guess the schools are okay...)

message 25: by Soumya (last edited May 18, 2008 07:42AM) (new)

Soumya where there are lots of asians the schools are good. We probably will move when it is time for high school for me. probably move down where there are good schools, and probably there will be asians there.

(Brigid) thanks.

message 26: by Wee!wawaLAA!!! (new)

Wee!wawaLAA!!! (kawala) | 139 comments i just found out my name means "will helmet" when i was looking through piles of stuff XD
oh, soumya, its not exactly lucky
CA is getting WAAAAY too populated by the asian race...seriously
middle school in my district has lots of asians, but in high school, there's a bit more different groups

message 27: by Soumya (new)

Soumya are you in high school? ( WEE!!WAWALAA!!:3)

message 28: by Soumya (new)

Soumya who said people who say that there are a lot of asians in there school are not asians? they can be an asian, but they might be just tired of seeing asians around them all the time.

sorry if i offended anyone.

message 29: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ i guess there are a lot of asians at my school, but i don't get "tired of seeing them"... and ummm i'm not asian btw, since you asked soumya.

message 30: by Soumya (new)

Soumya i wasn't asking anyone if they were asian, i was just saying that people can't be an asian if they are tired of seeing asians everywhere.

message 31: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ ??? i don't get it.... oh well. :)

message 32: by Soumya (new)

Soumya sorry, i meant that people can be asians no matter how they feel about asians.

message 33: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ okay...

message 34: by Soumya (new)

Soumya my sister's name is Pallavi. everyone says her name like, Pllavi.

it's kind of funny because we had to keep my sister in track from calling her own name wrong.

message 35: by Wee!wawaLAA!!! (new)

Wee!wawaLAA!!! (kawala) | 139 comments haha, its okay
i actually am asian, believe it or not
i'm just saying for a fact that the district that i live in is overpopulated by the asian race
soumya, i'm not in high school...yet
going to be starting this summer :D

message 36: by Soumya (new)

Soumya oh, that's nice. i still have eight grade than i am off in high school.

message 37: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ i'm almost done with my first year of high school... just... three... more... weeks... UGH.

message 38: by Soumya (new)

Soumya i am almost done with my first year of middle school.

anyone here in 7th grade going to 8th?

message 39: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments meh, allie, carly...

message 40: by Soumya (last edited May 20, 2008 03:47PM) (new)

Soumya don't feel young.

were still young too.

i feel like i don't want to be a teenager( i am a teen).

message 41: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Hmmmm...I think that's a steriotype. For most people anyway. I'm a teen and a lot of the people I know don't do that. I don't think I know anyone who does...

message 42: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Well, my school is way different from most. I'm not saying that no one does this stuff, but it would be hard to find.

message 43: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments not hard to find here, lol. actually not lol, but anyways.

message 44: by Soumya (new)

Soumya at my school, i haven't seen one person drunk or with ciggarettes here.

i am never going to toach or go near a ciggarette or any type of drug.

i want to have a long life, not a short one.

message 45: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Did you know that stress takes years off of your life?

message 46: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ yeah, it clogs your arteries or something... haha. my school is sooooo druggy. There's even a "smoking corner". whenever i walk by i always want to cough really loudly to piss off all the smokers. but i don't, cuz i'm afraid of them. lol. but it smells so bad, and there are cigarettes on the ground everywhere. in all the bathroom stalls, people write things like "smoke pot! it's fun!" it's disgusting.

message 47: by Wee!wawaLAA!!! (new)

Wee!wawaLAA!!! (kawala) | 139 comments it's alright
it's much funner to be young...rather than hitting the more stressful years in your life :] live it while it lasts
i don't get drunk or anything like that, but i LOOOVE getting hyper...from just way too much excitement
most people don't do that, but i've seen people like that, but i'm assuming that there's something going on in their lives that they need to chill out from, y'know?
oh, well that sucks
i've been stressing all my life...so i must be like an old old hag by now XD
really?? in the bathroom stalls, all there is is like girl heart guy things going on...or like this teacher is ______...etc
but nothing like that

message 48: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments oooh, the really stupid sixth graders at my school who think they are like so cool wrote this "hot list" on a bathroom stall but they got caught and had to scrub it off.

message 49: by Katie (new)

Katie | 312 comments yeah, they only got like, five ppl on it before the noon duty checked.

message 50: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ at my school, they spray on the graffitti with white paint to cover it up. it's kinda stupid. someone wrote on the wall: "stop wasting money on white paint!!!" lol.

« previous 1