Karen Kingsbury Lovers! discussion

Above The Line Series > Take Four

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 444 comments Mod
Take Four comes out June 22nd

Here's the synopsis:

The Above the Line Series follows two dedicated Hollywood producers as they seek to transform the culture through the power of film.

In Take Four, after Chase Ryan returns to his family and a job in his hometown, filmmakers Keith Ellison and Dayne Matthews finally ink a deal to have the nation’s top young actor star in their current film. But at the same time, the actor takes a very public fall that threatens his reputation among his fan base. Meanwhile, healing happens for Andi Ellison in her relationship with God, her family, and those she loves, but is it too late?

The new producers find they must truly act as missionaries in order to help save the film, their families, and the young movie star. Breakthroughs take place that the public will never know about, as the possibility of saving the world through film is finally a very real possibility.

message 2: by Diana (new)

Diana Foster Smith (nuggettlee) | 2 comments Will have to get this one too. :)

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Me too! :D

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Oooh... will this be the last one?! Hope not...

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

I heard she may do a spinoff of this series...who knows?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

She probably will, ha ha!

message 7: by Itsjuliaeliza (new)

Itsjuliaeliza | 9 comments Can't wait for this one!!! I love Bailey- she is my favourite character :)

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

me too!

message 9: by Itsjuliaeliza (new)

Itsjuliaeliza | 9 comments I find her very inspiring and a good role model!

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Yup, she's a great one for young girls. I love how it feels like i'm part of the family when I read her books.

message 11: by Itsjuliaeliza (new)

Itsjuliaeliza | 9 comments She is around my age so she is very relevant lol. I know! Karen has such a talent for really drawing you into the story....sometimes you can forget they are fiction!!

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Gentry (authorjennifergentry) | 18 comments I pre-ordered my copy in Kindle content over the weekend! Can't wait!

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jealous! lol I'll have to wait till it comes out in stores.

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Gentry (authorjennifergentry) | 18 comments Jennifer wrote: "Jealous! lol I'll have to wait till it comes out in stores."

I will, too, basically. It won't be released for instant download until the day it's out in stores. I just paid for it in advance. The only bonus is that it will instantly be sent to my device instead of me having to physically go to the store to pick it up as in cases where I've pre-ordered regular books. :-) Not that I wouldn't mind a sneak peak! LOL!

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

lol, me either! I love it when she puts at least a chapter of the next book at the end of her novels.

message 16: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Gentry (authorjennifergentry) | 18 comments Although, if there's a long break between books, it's kind of a tease... ;-)

message 17: by Jennifer (new)

no kidding! I hate when that happens.

message 18: by Itsjuliaeliza (new)

Itsjuliaeliza | 9 comments Jennifer wrote: "no kidding! I hate when that happens."

I personally love having the first chapter of the next book because it gives you a nice preview!!

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

I agree!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I am in great anticipation for this book.

message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Comes out Tuesday!! So glad I work at a christian bookstore! lol

message 22: by Itsjuliaeliza (new)

Itsjuliaeliza | 9 comments Jennifer wrote: "Comes out Tuesday!! So glad I work at a christian bookstore! lol"

Oh man I envy you!! I would LOVE to work at a Christian bookstore! But I work at a library that has a really good selection of Christian books so that's good enough for me!

message 23: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Gentry (authorjennifergentry) | 18 comments Got it delivered to my Kindle this morning (I'd pre-ordered it) and am reading it now! Yay!

message 24: by Jennifer (new)

I just bought it today!! :D. I love my discount!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved it! Read it in about 2 days.

message 26: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Gentry (authorjennifergentry) | 18 comments I didn't like it as much as I hoped I would. Can't really go into it without revealing too much, but if you want to know why, you can read my review.

Still love Karen, though, and am looking forward to "Unlocked". After reading so much about it in the last two Above the Line books, I feel like I've already read it. :-)

message 27: by Jennifer (new)

I am a third of the way through it....you know she's gonna do something with Cody and Bailey cause they have a series coming out after this! Can't wait for unlocked either!

message 28: by Jennifer (new)

Ok, I kinda see what you mean Jenny, but i still liked it!

message 29: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Gentry (authorjennifergentry) | 18 comments I love the parts with Andi, and the description of the movie. I wouldn't want to be a celebrity for anything! And I still love the characters of Bailey and Cody. :-)

message 30: by Jennifer (new)

Jenny wrote: "I love the parts with Andi, and the description of the movie. I wouldn't want to be a celebrity for anything! And I still love the characters of Bailey and Cody. :-)"

yeah, i did acting in high school and loved it, so i know exactly how Bailey feels about Broadway and the stage. There is just something exciting about becoming another character completely.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

LOVED the Above the Line series! Can't wait for the Bailey Flannigan books to come out.

message 32: by amy (new)

amy (aimymichelle) i just posted a review of this on my review column

http://www.examiner.com/christian-lit...

message 33: by Jennifer (new)

Good review! I agree with you.