Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

Chit Chat - Getting to Know You > March 2010-What are you currently reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 76 (76 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 902 comments Mod
With March just a couple days away I am posting this thread now. Free feel to chat about your pre-planned March reads, now!

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 31, 2010 06:31AM) (new)

ok here's my list of books that i'm planning to read for the month of March. Most are a continuation of some of the series I'm currently reading and a couple are new to me authors.Right now the most books i've been able to read in one month is 11 so I hope I can get them all in!

Books to Read in March 2010:

Accidentally Dead - Dakota Cassidy..Done
Embrace the Night Eternal - Joss Ware..Done
Chick with a Charm - Vicki Lewis Thompson..Done
I'm the Vampire That's Why? - Michele Bartlett (New to me)..Done
Gentlemen Prefer Succubi - Jill Myles (New to me)..Done
Dead Sexy- Tate Hallaway..Done
Torn - Julie Kenner..Done
Ghouls Just Haunt to Have Fun - Victoria Laurie..Done
Savage Thunder - Johanna Lindsey..Done
Kiss of Fury - Deborah Cooke..Done
Velvet Haven - Sophie Renwick(New to me)..Done
Crux by Moira Rogers (New to me)..Done

Accidentally Dead (Accidental Friends, Book 2) by Dakota Cassidy Embrace the Night Eternal (Awakening Heroes, #2) by Joss Ware Chick with a Charm (Babes-on-Brooms, #2) by Vicki Lewis Thompson I'm the Vampire, That's Why (Broken Heart Vampires, #1) by Michele Bardsley Gentlemen Prefer Succubi (Succubus Diaries, #1) by Jill Myles Torn (The Blood Lily Chronicles, #2) by Julie Kenner Ghouls Just Haunt to Have Fun (A Ghost Hunter Mystery, #3) by Victoria Laurie Dead Sexy (Garnet Lacey, Book 2) by Tate Hallaway Savage Thunder (Wyoming Series, Book 2) by Johanna Lindsey Kiss of Fury (Dragonfire, Book 2) by Deborah Cooke Velvet Haven (Annwyn Chronicles, #1) by Sophie Renwick Crux (Southern Arcana, #1) by Moira Rogers

message 3: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (last edited Feb 26, 2010 11:08AM) (new)

Jill Myles is new to me and one I want to get my hands on and read. I read a free preview of the first chapter on B & N and really liked the set-up. I'll start easy [tonight maybe:] with the Read the Month of Color Cover challenge =D.

message 4: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 1167 comments Mod
Wow Kat!! That sure is a lot :D I a hoping to read like 5 for march lol

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

HaHa I know! right now I'm only working part time so I have alot more time to read and I'm loving it...LOL! I find I read less in the summer because of work and other outdoor activities so I have to get in as many as I can now!

message 6: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Currents reads [last night:]:
Cry Of The Wolf (The Pack, #4) by Karen Whiddon

I am enjoying this Sil. Nocturne 'The Pack' series. The first book I read was out of order but that's not stopping me from enjoying the writing and characters. If continuity is a must, you'll want to start with Book #1 lol.

message 7: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Kat Which March reads have you started?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I started on Velvet Haven, Warrior Ascended, Dead Sexy, Real Vampires Don't Diet and I'm The Vampire That's Why. So far I'm enjoying all of them. I'm a multiple books reader that's probably why I can get so many read in the run of a month.

message 9: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Oh wow! Even for me that would be a lot, lol. I like reading like 3-4 at a time.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I know right! I think the most I've read at one time was like 10 books but it took me a whole month to do it. My moods are always changing so I find reading more then one book keeps me from getting board, which usually happens when I read just one book at a time.

message 11: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Yup. I know all about the whole mood changing deal =D. I am currently reading:

Which I do like. I love shifter books. I sometimes will read the same theme over and over. So since I liked this book I will read:

Pride (Shifters, #3) by Rachel Vincent

next. I also have a dozen other books to start this month lol.

To start:
First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Last Wolf Hunting (Blood Runners, #2) (Silhouette Nocturne) by Rhyannon Byrd

message 12: by Lu (new)

Lu Finished J. K. Rowling The Wizard Behind Harry Potter by Marc Shapiro , Still reading Riddler's Gift, The First Tale of the Lifesong by Greg Hamerton

message 13: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) I am reading Deadtown (Deadtown, #1) by Nancy Holzner which I just cannot get into. As well as Wicked Enchantment (Dark Magick, #1) by Anya Bast

message 14: by Jessi (new)

Jessi  (jessim) I reading Prey (Shifters, #4) by Rachel Vincent . I love this series!

message 15: by Vicci (new)

Vicci (theibookemporium) I just finished Angelic Angelic (Women of the Otherworld) by Kelley Armstrong

message 16: by Valorie (new)

Valorie I just finished Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris. Really enjoyed it. I'm a big fan of the True Blood series so I thought it was about time I read the books! I'm now reading In Over Her Head (Tritone Trilogy, #1) by Judi Fennell by Judi Fennell

message 17: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ Started book three in the series yesterday City of Glass.

message 18: by Valorie (new)

Valorie I finished Midnight Rising (Midnight Breed, #4) by Lara Adrian and loved it! I'm now moving on to Soulless (The Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger

message 19: by Valorie (new)

Valorie Looks like I forgot to update from my entry #16. I thought In Over Her Head (Tritone Trilogy, #1) by Judi Fennell was a little cheesy in some parts but still a good book. I really enjoyed Torn (The Blood Lily Chronicles, #2) by Julie Kenner

message 20: by Paula (new)

Paula (pauldajo) I finished reading Fire and listening to Kitty Raises Hell. I am now listening to Territory and cross stitching while I listen. I don't think that I could get through Territory if I were reading it. Very slow paced and overly descriptive (for my tastes), but well written. The book is 320 pages and the audiobook is 13 hours. Maybe the readers are just extra slow. The Kitty book's audios are around 8 hours unabridged.

message 21: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 21 comments Barbara wrote: "Started book three in the series yesterday City of Glass."

me 2 i love TMI

message 22: by Barbara ★ (last edited Mar 08, 2010 03:45PM) (new)

Barbara ★ today I'm reading Touched by Light (The Sentinel Series, Book 3) by Catherine Spangler

message 23: by Valorie (new)

Valorie I just finished [image error] and really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the next book to come out at the end of the month. I'm now reading Sex and the Single Vampire (Dark Ones, #2) by Katie MacAlister

message 24: by Paula (new)

Paula (pauldajo) I am reading Dead Beat.

message 25: by Lu (new)

Lu Reading The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan and Riddler's Gift, The First Tale of the Lifesong by Greg Hamerton

message 26: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Finished:

I really like this series for it being a Nocturne series, its pretty decent =D.

message 27: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Riga (aeriga) Im still trying to work on The BDB but i decided to give it a break and read something different so right now im reading Witchling (Sisters of the Moon, #1) by Yasmine Galenorn

message 28: by Lady Allison (last edited Mar 13, 2010 11:40AM) (new)

Lady Allison | 150 comments I just finished Shift (Shifters, #5) by Rachel Vincent Shift by Rachel Vincent last night & I loved it!!! I adore this series & she BRINGS it with each book! I swear, it gets better & better. So much happens it almost makes you dizzy, you want to turn the pages to fast! I highly recommend this series to anyone who hasn't already started it -
the first book is Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent Stray

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 168 comments I'm currently reading a few different things. A highly recommended PNR, a classic UF and the start of my BDB re-read (on audio)::

Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh Blood Rites (The Dresden Files, #6) by Jim Butcher Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward

And books that I have on the go, but am not actively reading at the moment. I'm not sure why I haven't finished the Rob Thurman book, but I'm not liking the male lead in the Ghostwalker book:

Nightlife (Cal Leandros, #1) by Rob Thurman Street Game (GhostWalkers, #8) by Christine Feehan

message 30: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Allison: I know the feeling. I almost wanted to go back and re-read the first 2 books b/c its been SO long between books. But I'll go ahead and read Pride and see how I like it. Its a great series =D.

message 31: by Lady Allison (new)

Lady Allison | 150 comments Kenji, yeah I'd start with Pride too because honestly the first two were my least favorite & the last two (before Shift) were my most favorite. Stray & Rogue were kind of slow but still interesting which is why I stuck with it, but things sped up way more in Pride & Prey. Let me know when you read Shift, I can't wait to discuss it! :D

message 32: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Allison: If I really like Pride I'll consider getting the rest of the series right away =D. I'd love to chat about it with you once Im done.

message 33: by Valorie (new)

Valorie I finished Sex and the Single Vampire (Dark Ones, #2) by Katie MacAlister by Katie MacAlister. I thought it was much better than the first book. I'm a little over half way through Blood Is the New Black by Valerie Stivers by Valerie Stivers. Cute paranormal vampire story, its a short quick read. Very Chick-litish.

I've also just finished Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2) by Patricia Briggs and Retribution (Anna Strong, #5) by Jeanne C. Stein . Loved them both!!

message 34: by Lu (new)

Lu Finished The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan , still reading Riddler's Gift, The First Tale of the Lifesong by Greg Hamerton , started Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding

message 35: by Valorie (new)

Valorie I'm now reading Wild Blue Under (Tritone Trilogy, #2) by Judi Fennell

message 36: by Vicci (new)

Vicci (theibookemporium) I just finished On the Edge by Ilona Andrews and am now starting Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper White.

On the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1) by Molly Harper

message 37: by Lu (new)

Lu Still Reading Riddler's Gift, The First Tale of the Lifesong by Greg Hamerton and Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding , finished The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1) by L.J. Smith , and started The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #2) by L.J. Smith

message 38: by Lady Allison (new)

Lady Allison | 150 comments About halfway through Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick - I couldn't get into it the first time I tried but it's due tomorrow at the library so I figured I'd try so I cracked it open last night & it's pretty good but also a pretty familiar story line (girl meets dangerous boy in bio, mystery follows, etc) but it's well written so I'll keep reading.

message 39: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Riga (aeriga) right now im reading Changeling (Sisters of the Moon, #2) by Yasmine Galenorn

message 40: by Valorie (new)

Valorie I finished The Smoke Thief (Drakon, #1) by Shana Abé . Really enjoyed it. A great Dragon shifter historical book. I'm now starting Sunshine by Robin McKinley

message 41: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Starting:
First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost and
Bound by Deception by Ava March

Finished:
Rockstar by J.M. Snyder

Still reading:
Secret Whispers (Heavenstone) by V.C. Andrews

TBR:
Pride (Shifters, #3) by Rachel Vincent
This will be a buddy read starting March 20th

message 42: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

L J Smith AKA ???

message 43: by Lady Allison (new)

Lady Allison | 150 comments Finished Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick and started Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate Fallen by Lauren Kate last night. It's kind of slow so far, but decent story.

message 45: by Lu (new)

Lu Finished Riddler's Gift, The First Tale of the Lifesong by Greg Hamerton (loved it), Still Reading Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding and The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #2) by L.J. Smith

message 46: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Finished:
Secret Whispers (Heavenstone) by V.C. Andrews

Liked it better than book 1 =D

message 47: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Fallen will be May's MGR Allison. So you'll get a chance to discuss it as a group!

message 48: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Finished:
Bound by Deception by Ava March

Very good m/m erotic historical novella =D

message 49: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Riga (aeriga) finished Changeling (Sisters of the Moon, #2) by Yasmine Galenorn , and starting Nightfall (The Vampire Diaries The Return, #1) by L.J. Smith

message 50: by Lady Allison (last edited Mar 20, 2010 07:06PM) (new)

Lady Allison | 150 comments Finished Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate Fallen and Unleash the Night (Dark-Hunter, #9) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Unleash the Night currently reading Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins Catching Fire

Looking forward to the MGR, Kenjii!!! :)

« previous 1