This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

foot in my mouth!

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen Today somebody said, "we're about the same age, right?" and before I could even think I said, "yes". Turns out she is 6 years younger than me.
eee-gads!
That one was totally HER FAULT, she caught me off guard, it's not faaaaaaaaaiiiiiir and now I feel like shit because a 33 year old know that I thought she was 39ish.
oy!
It's like the time someone thought my moms friend was my moms mom.
poor mom.
poor moms friend.

message 2: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Oh man. I put my foot in my mouth all the time. Here's the most recent one: my friend was chasing her toddler and I said: "see? Aren't you glad you decided to wait? Can you imagine doing this while pregnant?" Of course she was pregnant and just hadn't announced it yet.

message 3: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen ha ha ha ha ha ha ha h ah ah ah ah
THAT'S HILARIOUS!!!!

message 4: by Denell (new)

Denell lmao Marie..maybe you look 33?

message 5: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen maybe in a teachers lounge but not in the rest of the world.

message 6: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Yes you do, Marie!! You look young.

message 7: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Marie, the way I see it, you guys are pretty much the same age. I’m 34, and I basically consider everybody in their 30’s the same age as me. What’s the difference, really? Basically grew up at the same time, doing the same things, etc. Of course, this is probably a chick thing you’re dealing with, so nothing I say will make a difference.......

message 8: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen That's funny that you ended it with the "chick" comment because my 1st two thoughts while reading your thread were:

1. What you're only 34?! I totally thought you were my age.

2. It's different for girls.

message 9: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen Gretchen: says the woman that has never seen me in real life (just the other day I discovered I have the beginnings of wrinkles where most people have cleavage- EEEGADS! All these years I've been faithful about make-up with spf and sunscreen during the summer but I FORGOT ABOUT MY CHEST! DUH! and I have a short neck so I've worn lower cut shirts for yeeeeaaaars - It didn't even occur to me!!!!!)

message 10: by smetchie (last edited Feb 26, 2010 09:26AM) (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Marie,
1) you can tell in pictures if you look old or not.
2) me too.
3) I don't even have the cleavage to draw attention away from the wrinkles.

I hate that Rusty is younger than me. Especially because he acts like my dad sometimes.

message 11: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments I hate that Rusty is younger than me. Especially because he acts like my dad sometimes

Don't get smart with me, kiddo.

message 12: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments am I cruisin' for a bruisin'?

message 13: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Gretchen wrote: "am I cruisin' for a bruisin'?"

Damn straight.

message 14: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments you really love that reply button, huh?

message 15: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Gretchen wrote: "you really love that reply button, huh?"

Yes, so shut up. I just learned how to use it a few months ago, and it saves me having to go back and say, ‘um, that was directed toward whatsherface, not whatshisface, with whom I have no desire to communicate’ and so on.

message 16: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen Rusty wrote: "Gretchen wrote: "you really love that reply button, huh?"

Yes, so shut up. I just learned how to use it a few months ago, and it saves me having to go back and say, ‘um, that was directed towar..."

OH MY GOSH!!!!! I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT THAT BUTTON UNTIL RIGHT NOW. THAT'S GREAT. REALLY...GREAT!

message 17: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen Gretchen wrote: "Marie,
1) you can tell in pictures if you look old or not.
2) me too.
3) I don't even have the cleavage to draw attention away from the wrinkles.

I hate that Rusty is younger than me. Especially ..."

Seriously, that button IS awesome. Don't be ashamed to use it.

message 18: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen Gretchen wrote: "you really love that reply button, huh?"

who wouldn't Gretchen, what a time saver!

message 19: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen Rusty wrote: "Gretchen wrote: "you really love that reply button, huh?"

Yes, so shut up. I just learned how to use it a few months ago, and it saves me having to go back and say, ‘um, that was directed towar..."

Agreed! I am agreeing to THIS EXACT COMMENT. That's so great...because now you know that.

message 20: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen okay, I'm done.

message 21: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments You know something? I used to think I was pretty oblivious to how things work. I've been selling myself short.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Messages 16-20 just made me so happy.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Plus, Marie. I consider you and me to be the same age. I'd forget that you're older except for that you keep bringing it up. :)

message 24: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen #1. You should take more days off Sarah, this is fun. Like the old days.

#2. I blame you for my identity crisis. I mostly feel 3oish because of how much time I spend with you and then every once in awhile it hits me. oh shit I'm the OLDEST here...again!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Let's get an old, wrinkly friend.

Servius  Heiner Montambo wrote: "Let's get an old, wrinkly friend."

I hear Gretchen is available.

message 27: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen boooo! Nick boooo!
Gretchen can be our friend ANY DAY but she definitely would not fit that category!

See you for happy hour in a few minutes Sarah.

message 28: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 26, 2010 03:12PM) (new)

Happy hour!!

Wish Gretchen could be there.

message 29: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen Of course. Gretchen - when are you coming to Portland? You would LOVE it!!! (us).

Head there now. I just got your message titled "gossip" and I'm on my way to get the details!!!

message 30: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I wanna go to happy hour!! Even if I have to be the old wrinkly friend! I don't care. I WANNA GO!! That would be fun.

Instead, I'm at home with a throwing up kid who's too little to tell me she's about to throw up. She just spews everywhere and then says "Mama I sticky. I shower."

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

:( Poor thing. I remember my mom crying while I barfed into a towel on her lap.

message 32: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Prom night?

Servius  Heiner Heh!

message 34: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen I second the "heh"!