Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Series Discussions > Night Huntress - Jeaniene Frost

Comments Showing 1-50 of 75 (75 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (last edited Feb 25, 2010 02:32PM) (new)

message 2: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) MMMM Bones!!!! I have to say the first book in this series was good but I wasn't in a hurry to move on until I kept hearing so much about Bones, so I was like alright I have to read the next one and see what the hype is all about as he really didn't grab me in the first book, and boy am I glad I did, the 2nd book was definitely better than the first and 3 and 4 were awesome! I so can't WAIT for the next installment of Cat & Bones!! I'm looking forward to the spin off series too!

message 3: by Bookworms (new)

Bookworms | 43 comments I totaly agree with you, Susan. This books are fantastic and Bones is realy realy hot and sexy. I have read the books very fast because I can't get enough of Bones and Cat.
Hope Jeaniene will write the next one very fast.

message 4: by Mrs. (new)

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 28 comments Love Cat and Bones, and the assorted Characters (Vlad, Ian, Juan, Spade :P )

I think frost is one of the best authors of UF/PF right now.

message 5: by Shmaybra (new)

Shmaybra | 4 comments OMG! I just started reading this series 2 weeks ago and am already on the 3 book!!I can't get enough...Its probably one of my favorite series of all time. I saw on her website that the 5th book will be coming out Feb. 11 2011 so I better slow down! LOL Has anyone read First Drop of Crimson yet?! I know its no Bones and Cat but is it still good?!?

message 6: by Amber (new)

Amber Hoxit (clove311) | 8 comments I started the first book and within the next day I had it read and immediately bought the second one. I devoured them incredibly quickly, and found them to be delicious :) I love the way Frost writes, the way Cat and Bones play off one another and the cast of characters are very intricate and realistic. All in all a wonderful series. I just bought the spin off's first book and will be starting it soon.

message 7: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (mrsworldwidewebb) I am the same way.. I have not put down the series..I love the way Ms. Frost writes her books.. I will be putting this down as one of my favorite of all times!

message 8: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i LOVE this series it is definately my favourite that i have read so far. i LOVE Bones he is my favourite character of all time i just think he is the best ; ).
i do have First Drop of Crimson i just need to around to reading it

message 9: by Angela (new)

Angela I just finished the first two books and loved them, ordering the next two today :)

message 10: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4468 comments Mod
I need to bump this up my TBR by the sounds of things!!

message 11: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4468 comments Mod
Dark vampire princess (Ammi) wrote: "yes they are Fantastic if you like BDB you like them"

I need more hours in the day to read :) I have about 20 books at the top of my pile now?!?

message 12: by Mrs. (new)

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 28 comments First Drop of Crimson was also Excellent and Cat and bones do make an appearance,as well as others (Ian)

message 13: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Dark vampire princess (Ammi) wrote: "Jen wrote: "I need to bump this up my TBR by the sounds of things!!"

yes they are Fantastic if you like BDB you like them"

I think that the Night Huntress series is better than BDB, no yucky lesser parts to skip. :) I also like the consistent POV from Cat's perspective. Now, I do enjoy BDB, but I don't think Ward is the best writer. Frost is a good writer. And the first book is fun, the second book is focused on the relationship with Cats and Bones. The third book WOWED me with the storyline and character development. I was really impressed. I am holding off on reading the 4th, to make it. :)

message 14: by Regina (last edited Mar 20, 2010 06:12PM) (new)

Regina (reginar) Erika wrote: "Love Cat and Bones, and the assorted Characters (Vlad, Ian, Juan, Spade :P )

I think frost is one of the best authors of UF/PF right now."

I liked Vlad! The first time that he makes an appearance in a vamp book where I like him. :) I also like Tate, I feel bad for him.

message 15: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Jen wrote: "Dark vampire princess (Ammi) wrote: "yes they are Fantastic if you like BDB you like them"

I need more hours in the day to read :) I have about 20 books at the top of my pile now?!?"

Jen if I were you (and lol I was in this position just a short time ago) I would push both the Night Huntress series to the top and the Faefever series. :) Just me though, lol.

message 16: by Angela (new)

Angela Erika wrote: "First Drop of Crimson was also Excellent and Cat and bones do make an appearance,as well as others (Ian)"

Yeah b/c the first book is about Denise but I suspect Cat & Bones will makes less (to none) appearances in later NH World books as it moves onto other people

message 17: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) Regina wrote: "Dark vampire princess (Ammi) wrote: "Jen wrote: "I need to bump this up my TBR by the sounds of things!!"

yes they are Fantastic if you like BDB you like them"

I think that the Night Huntre..."

yeah i didnt like the lesser parts in the BDB books and also like you i like just having one persons POV its less confussing

message 18: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) okaiexz...i think i may just buy this book. the library only has 2 copies & im tired of waiting.

message 19: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Oh my goodness I am reading #4 right now, it is so good. The best of the series!

message 20: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) im sooo jealous. been waiting for what seems like forever. but ill buy tomorrow. ive been hearing nothing but good things about this series.

message 21: by Angela (new)

Angela I LOVE this series ... book 4 was awesome but now I'm so sad to have to wait until next Feb for book 5 lol ... waiting anxiously for Death's Excellent Vacation to come out, it has a Cat & Bones story that takes place after DFAEG that will give me a little fix in the meantime :)

message 22: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (llogan24) Angel - thank you for that tidbit about Death's Excellent Vacation! didn't know that...i'll have to add that to my TBR pile!

yes, LOVE Cat and Bones....what an awesome couple!!!

message 23: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) I am reading the spin off series about Spade and Denise right now and loving it -- love the appearance of Cat, Bones and Ian. We now need a series on Ian. :)

message 24: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (llogan24) hi, Regina - yes, i agree...need a book each on Ian and Vlad, both! :)

message 25: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Definitely Vlad too! I never liked Ian until Spade and Denise's book.

message 26: by Angela (new)

Angela Leigh wrote: "Angel - thank you for that tidbit about Death's Excellent Vacation! didn't know that"

you're welcome :) trying to keep up with all the shorts on series is difficult, I stumbled onto that one while looking into a short for a diff series lol

message 27: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (llogan24) Angel wrote: "Leigh wrote: "Angel - thank you for that tidbit about Death's Excellent Vacation! didn't know that"

you're welcome :) trying to keep up with all the shorts on series is difficult, I stumbled ont..."

don't you love that? get an anthology b/c of one short story you've heard about, only to find that it also has others that you follow as well??? it's like hitting the jackpot!! :)

message 28: by Toni (new)

Toni I just started and am almost done reading the first book in this series. It is really good. I hear it gets even better. I just finished Moning's Fever series and I am really missing Mac and Barron's and I do like Cat and Bones but it is not the same. Not yet anyway. But hopefully the more I read the more I will fall for Cat and Bones. :)

message 29: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lrc123) | 11 comments I took One Foot In The Grave out of the library, and OMG, I love, love, love, loved it! I wasn't even 200 hundred pages into it and it was already a favorite and i was not disappointed by the final page. I just got my own copy today. I love Cat and how she's the perfect mix of tough and sexy, and Bones. I have no words, he just is so sexy, smart, charming, everything a vampire should be. And that accent, i used to associate British accents with my really stuffy relatives. Boy, oh boy not anymore! Now i'm dying to read the rest of the series.

message 30: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i was hooked from the first few pages and after i completed chapter one i was like yup, this is definetely gonna be a favorite!

message 31: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) happy news that frost posted on her blog today....

Hi everyone. Yes, it’s been quiet around the old blog lately, but that wasn’t because I took a writing siesta. On the contrary, I’ve been busier than ever trying to finish Cat and Bones #5. Yesterday evening, I wrote the two most satisfying words in the English language: THE END.

That’s right, Cat and Bones 5 is now officially in my editor’s hands. It was a rollercoaster to write and I can’t wait to get my editor’s feedback on it (and my critt partner’s as well). As every writer knows, “the end” really just means “take one.” I’ll still having revising and polishing to do on it.

Also, there’s a tentative title for book five: THIS SIDE OF THE GRAVE. Why only a tentative title? Because the marketing department at my publishing house may decide on something else. I’m hoping this title sticks, though. Cross your fingers for me . As I mentioned before, book five will release on February 22, 2011. For everyone jonesing for a Cat and Bones fix before then, fear not; I have a short story featuring them called One For the Money in the DEATH’S EXCELLENT VACATION anthology out in August of this year. And of course, you’ll see Cat and Bones as side characters in ETERNAL KISS OF DARKNESS, coming out the end of July. I’m in the process of having a book trailer made for ETERNAL and I can’t wait to show everyone. Look for that the later part of this month.

In other news, I’m happy to report that my wonderful agent Nancy Yost sold three more of my books to Blackstone Audio, so now it’s official – the first four books in the Night Huntress series plus First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, book one) will all have audio editions. Halfway to the Grave is already out in audio, with One Foot in the Grave due out in November, I believe. I’m so pleased to have these audio versions upcoming. I know many of you have been waiting for them.

And now, I’m going to take a day or so to catch up on my sleep – heh – and then try to tackle the inbox. It’s gotten rather scary in the past couple weeks while I back-burnered most everything else to finish the book. Next week, I turn in the proposal for C&B #6 and then start writing that. No rest for the wicked!

Hope everyone has a great week.

message 32: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Yay great news! So glad the audio versions will be coming out. Thank you Mariya.

message 33: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i so cant wait for #5

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 405 comments That was great news! I can't until 5 comes out!

Night Huntress is also one of my top series. Cat is one of the best heroines out there, she is really tough and I love her attitude. And as for Bones, *drools* well he is just HAWT! I want to bad bad things to him/with him : )

I didn't like FDoC as much as Night Huntress though, I don't think the relationship between Spade and Denise was as intense as Cat and Bones. However I liked getting a peek at the world through another set of eyes.

I want Ian to have his own book! He is my favourite character after Cat and Bones!

message 35: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Suzanne I agree with you about First Drop, it was more like a typical paranormal romance rather than the kick that Frost's Cat and Bones book typically have. It was more about them just hooking up. I am not that hyped up to read Mencheres book either. I am guessing I won't buy Mencheres, but wait for it at the library. But Ian, yeah, I would love to read his. He makes me laugh.

I am starting the Bones story in Unbound on the way home from work today, I can't wait to read it. I am also really looking forward to the Cat & Bones story that will be in Death's Excellent Vacation and released this summer. I am not a huge short story fan, so far most of the short stories I have read in this genre have been dissapointing (except the Alpha and Omega novella by Briggs), maybe it was just my mood when I read them though.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 405 comments I have Mencheres book on preorder as my library doesn't even have the first Night Huntress book, so I doubt it will be getting that one in. I agree with you about FDoC being more like a normal PNR, it was better then some PNR as the story although designed to get them together was quite good. With the whole demon blood thing. I am also quite a perv and loved the shower scene : )

Unbound, is that an anthology?

I loved the 4th Night Huntress book, I think it was the best installment of the series so far. I loved the angsty bit when Cat and Bones were separated.

message 37: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) oh god that shower scene, I have thought of that a time and again. hmmm, there was recently a similar scene in another book I read and now I can't think of it, it was also yummy. :) You are right, I am being a bit harsh, it was a little bit more intersting.

Unbound  by Kim Harrison has a pre-Cats and Bones story, with just Bones. I may also read the Kim Harrison story, but I doubt I will read the others now that I have scanned the anthology. I also haven't read any of Harrison's books yet, so I hope it won't ruin anything.

message 38: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Ooops, sorry for the multiple posts. I also loved the 4th book. They really needed to grow up and have their relationship grow. I also was semi-scandalized and enjoyed wondering if Bones really was with another woman!!! Yes I doubted him. And then him pursing her -- OMG, ordering the plane to turn around. I may just re-read parts again. :)

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 405 comments There is just something about wet men lol. I think she should do a shower scene for Bones next : )

i will have to get Unbound then, anything with Bones, I haven't read any of the other authors either. But sometimes I like to get an anthology that way I can read a story from various authors without having to spend money on a full book and not liking it. That was how I dicovered, Lisa Kleypas, Kresley Cole, Julia Quinn, Christine Warren and a few others.

This is how into them I was, that I was actually genuinely angry at the thought of Bones cheating on Cat lol. But I was hoping it was part of a plan. I loved the plane part as well. And also doesn't he threaten to kill Vlad as he thinks that he and Cat slept together, lol I thought that was sweet as well!

message 40: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Oh yes!!! I forgot!! Loved that scene. I also loved how she didn't help us understand what was going on until later when Bones alludes to the fact that he thinks they were lovers (while at that party). AND (super sweet) that he was willing to take her back regardless. He just wanted her.

Yeah the shower scenes, Ward knows the how to give us lots of them in the BDB series. :)

message 41: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) Suzanne wrote: "There is just something about wet men lol. "

i thought i was the only one who loved to see men wet ; )

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 405 comments No way Katie, there is something about a wet glistening man chest *sighs* so yummy

I have to admit I am glad he got jealous, I think it was his turn, as he has made Cat jealous plenty of times (unintentionally I know.) I would have thought differently if she actually had slept with him though.

message 43: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Agreed.

message 44: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) yah...new blog post from jeaniene frost:

Much ado about nothing

Just looked at the calendar and realized it’s been over two weeks since I blogged. Time, she is a-flyin’. In the past two weeks, I had a birthday, managed to finally get my inbox cleaned out (I’d just let emails pile up while I was in the last leg of writing THIS SIDE OF THE GRAVE), completed four interviews that had been backburnered until the book was done (noticing a trend here?? EVERYthing gets shoved aside the last couple weeks of deadline!), renewed my driver’s license (seven hours and twenty minutes at the DMV. No, I’m not exaggerating one. frigging. bit.), saw the cover for THIS SIDE OF THE GRAVE (awesome, but it’s still being tweaked so I can’t show it yet), got all the images together for the ETERNAL KISS OF DARKNESS book trailer (trailer will be releasing in about a week!), put up two deleted scenes on my fan site from previous Cat and Bones books (they’re located here http://tinyurl.com/24bof75 and here http://tinyurl.com/23dmj27), and discovered the joys of Netflix.

A couple months ago, my husband started saying how great it would be to get a Playstation 3 for the house. I don’t play games, but he does (World of Warcraft, mostly, with some Conan thing thrown in as well). Neither of those games require a PS3 so I didn’t think we needed one. He kept on it, and his sales pitch was that we could get instant Netflix movies from it so it wouldn’t be just for gaming. I was skeptical, but right before I left for Romantic Times, we got the PS3. Up until a little over a week ago, I hadn’t even had a chance to use it because after I got back from RT, it was all write, write, write.

Well, guess what? Now I loves it, precious. Through the PS3 we can get a lot of Netflix movies instantly, and for free, since a Netflix membership came with our PS3. I’ve been happy as a clam watching several B-level horror flicks over the past ten days or so. Still haven’t used the Playstation for games – nor do I see that happening – but it’s worth it just for the movies. Watched Altered (liked it!), Wild Country (decent story but awful special effects), The Last Winter (good story, oblique ending), Tamara (good, campy fun), and Vampiro (save yourself and avoid it).

Now that I’ve gotten caught up on my inbox and business issues that had been lagging, plus got a little R&R via Netflix, I’m ready to start Cat and Bones #6. The proposal has been approved by my editor and all systems are go. Chapter One, here I come!

message 45: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) im seriously excited for the next cat and bones book but im dying to see the cover! my favorite NH covers are halfway to the grave, one foot in the grave and destined for an early grave, iam also in love wit the eternal kiss of darkness cover.

HAPPY TO HEAR THE MENTION OF HER STARTING C/B #6.

message 46: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Thanks for post Mariya. I liked the wedding scene .....

message 47: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) no problem. i loved the weddin scene too. i loved deleted scenes from my favorite series.

message 48: by Bookworms (new)

Bookworms | 43 comments ~♡Katie♡~ wrote: "i so cant wait for #5"

Well I liked the book about Spade and Denise very much, but tastes are different :-)

I hope the book about Cat and Bones 5 will be published very soon, can't wait for it. A book about Mencheres will be very interesting, too.

message 49: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) Bookworms wrote: "~♡Katie♡~ wrote: "i so cant wait for #5"

Well I liked the book about Spade and Denise very much, but tastes are different :-)

I hope the book about Cat and Bones 5 will be published very soon, ca..."

mencheres book is comming out july 27 2010, i believe.

and the fifth cat and bone book will be out febuary 22 2010.

message 50: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) OMG. jeaniene frost is such a tease!

As I said before, I'm not allowed to post the cover for THIS SIDE OF THE GRAVE yet, but readers have been asking me for hints, so I thought it would be fun to do a "snippet." Here's a peek at a clip from the stepback of TSOTG (as most of you know, the stepback is not the front cover, but the image on the inside page). I think it speaks for itself as to the hotness of the pose Cat and Bones are in:

http://forums.frostfans.com/viewtopic...

« previous 1