Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Series Discussions > Shifters - Rachel Vincent

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (last edited Feb 25, 2010 02:34PM) (new)

message 2: by Diane (new)

Diane | 70 comments I have Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent on my tbr stack. Rest of series to be put on my wish list.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 49 comments This is one of my favorite series and I'm sad that it will be coming to an end later this year with
Alpha (Shifters, #6) by Rachel Vincent

I love the pride dynamics, the action and intrigue, and the characters - especially the characters. Brilliant!

message 4: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) I'm with Diana, have Stray in my out of control tbr pile at home and just haven't gotten to it yet....

--so many books so little time.... sigh

message 5: by Bianca (new)

Bianca | 117 comments Im a big fan of this series, I love Faythe ^^

message 6: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) I just finished Stray a few days ago and I enjoyed it! It started out a bit slow and Faythe can definitely get on my nerves, but I loved the end and am looking forward to the next one!!!

message 7: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i'm on my way this week in hopes of catching up on this series, ive just read the first one and i thought i hate faythe so much, but i hear that the series gets better.

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 75 comments I was wondering if anyone who has bought the series had a hard time finding the books in print. I went to multiple bookstore to get the books, and I got Rogue through a swap website. Did anyone else have a problem getting the books if you bought them?

message 9: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 42 comments I'm still deciding whether or not to get this series. I read the first chapter as a sample ebook and it was interesting but I'm still 50/50. Could use some more convincing ;]

message 10: by Omi (new)

Omi | 32 comments I have read all of the books in the series and loved it. I read the first chapter on Amazon and almost did not buy it but I am glad that I did because the book (and the series as a whole) get much better.

message 11: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments I can't believe I haven't commented on this thread!

This is probably my favorite series ever! I borrowed them all from the library to read them, but I want to buy them.
Rachel Vincent lives in Oklahoma (as do I) and it's sort of a hope of mine that I'll run in to her at a Panera somewhere while ehs's writing and I can have her sign my books (because...you know I'm totally going to carry all 5 books around with me).

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: (vanesmate) | 86 comments Krysta wrote: "I can't believe I haven't commented on this thread!

This is probably my favorite series ever! I borrowed them all from the library to read them, but I want to buy them.
Rachel Vincent lives in Okl..."

That's awesome! I love these books as well! And I'd go ballistic if by some chance I'd get to meet her! I fucking love her!!!!!

message 13: by Katharine (new)

Katharine Sadler | 51 comments This is one of my all time favorite series! I love how Rachel Vincent bases the behavior of the shifters on actual cats. It makes her shifters just a bit different than everyone else's and made them more real to me.

message 14: by Brianna (new)

Brianna | 43 comments I want to read this, but I know there's a love triangle. Some reviews I've read say the heroine is unlikable, too. How true is this, and how back and forth is the triangle?

message 15: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments Brianna wrote: "I want to read this, but I know there's a love triangle. Some reviews I've read say the heroine is unlikable, too. How true is this, and how back and forth is the triangle?"

There is a triangle yes...but I don't know if I would say it's a "back and forth" thing...as much of a "But I love you both for very different reasons" thing.
Also, I have a hard time seeing why people would think of Faythe as being unlikable...I loved her.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) I've read the first three, need to finish this series, plan to this year.

I don't like the main character - find her to be a bitch. But, like the other characters and the plotline.

message 17: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 80 comments I found the main character to be very unlikeable. this was one of the first audible books i ever brought years and years and years ago so its not able to be given back to them. -_-. I've tried to get it done several times but yes the main character is a bitch, she's selfish and also a big baby. I think her surroundings made her that way being " the precious" for all her life. and she's just like " no, daddy nooo me no want big girl pants, me no like responsibilities waaah." and talks like the reader is supposed to be on her side. So yes she is an unlikeable main character in my opinion. However, many have liked the books a lot. Also the voice actor gets her down which is good but also bad because she's annoying. :)

I liked how this authors other series seemed to be going though even though I've only read the prequel novella.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) I've now finished the series. The last two books weren't that good to me. Faith got a little more bearable, but I never cared for her much. She irritated me more than I liked, and I also found her a bitchy character.