Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Series Discussions > Riley Jenson Guardian - Keri Arthur

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (last edited Feb 25, 2010 02:38PM) (new)

message 2: by Mrs. (new)

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 28 comments Took me a bit to get used to the casualness of sex within the werewolves of this series, but I really like Riley as a heroine, and as the books progress she really finds her own and I admire her. The last book (bound to shadows) was very emotional, and I can't wait for the conclusion of the series. I think that Keri Arthur is doing a fabulous job at NOT dragging the series on.

message 3: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) Well said Erika! I love love love this series! It's still in my top 5 all time favorite series! I love Riley Jensen! I love that she embraces who and what she is and she seriously kicks A$$!!! I can't wait for the conclusion either and also glad that KA is not dragging it out any farther than it needs to go!! It's rather refreshing!

message 4: by Julianne (new)

Julianne | 143 comments I just finished reading Full Moon Rising and it was my first book with a lot of sex scenes. Are the rest of the books about on par with the frequency of sex? I don't really mind, I'm just curious. I really enjoyed the book and am looking forward to reading the next.

message 5: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Ricks | 8 comments If I remember right, yes. The series has a fair amount of sex as it's part of the wolves' lifestyle in general, not specific to Riley.

message 6: by Shera (Book Whispers) (last edited Jan 08, 2012 03:18PM) (new)

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments I just started these and I'm really digging them. It was a little weird with the casual sex. What I like though is that the author doesn't beat it into the ground like say the Meridith Gentry books or Mona Lisa books--though I love them all. It really feels like part of the Werewolfs natures and not an excuse for endless sex scenes.

Really like where it's going by Kissing Sin. I'm really nervous Riley's brother isn't going to make it to the end of the series. (I love him and I want him to!!)

I can firmly say I'm not digging Quinn any more. I feel like he's going to lash out and do something bad to Riley.

message 7: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Fanfulla (ktsaam) | 1 comments Loved this series till the very end in my top 5!!! Keri is awesome too!!!

message 8: by Clara (new)

Clara (tarmarq) | 9 comments This is one of the series on my TBR list. I'm not a big fan of a lot of sex but if the storyline is good, I will continue reading it. I made it through the Anita Blake series, so I am sure I can make it through this one.

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (mybookboyfriend) | 155 comments Oooo, I have to try this series.

message 10: by Julianne (new)

Julianne | 143 comments Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "I just started these and I'm really digging them. It was a little weird with the casual sex. What I like though is that the author doesn't beat it into the ground like say the Meridith Gentry book..."

I haven't had a chance to start Kissing Sin yet but I don't want to not like Quinn. :( I so loved him in Full Moon Rising.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments It could just be me. I know a lot of readers really liked him in kissing sin.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Clara wrote: "This is one of the series on my TBR list. I'm not a big fan of a lot of sex but if the storyline is good, I will continue reading it. I made it through the Anita Blake series, so I am sure I can ma..."

So far this isn't near as bad as the latter Anita books. Compared to the Monalisa series, Meredith Gentry, BDB, and others it's pretty clean.

message 13: by Julianne (last edited Feb 14, 2012 06:26AM) (new)

Julianne | 143 comments Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "It could just be me. I know a lot of readers really liked him in kissing sin."

Well, I can't say I loved everything he did in Kissing Sin or Tempting Evil but after that he got back into my good graces and after just fisnishing Deadly Desire I can say I am 100% in love with him.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Hmmm . . . I'll keep pushing on. I love male characters that piss me off, but I learn to love. ^_-

message 15: by Beckyloohoo Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ aka Mrs. Acheron Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ (last edited Feb 14, 2012 08:51AM) (new)

Beckyloohoo Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ aka Mrs. Acheron Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ (beckyloohoo) I'm on the 7th book of this series and I'm starting to love Quinn again. He really ticked me off in book 5 (like ROYALLY) but now he's earning it back with me.

You should read it Terri.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments LOL! Quinn is just a hate/love character.

message 17: by Beckyloohoo Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ aka Mrs. Acheron Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ (last edited Feb 14, 2012 09:05AM) (new)

Beckyloohoo Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ aka Mrs. Acheron Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ (beckyloohoo) I think book 1 had the most sex in it so far. It was almost annoying to me because it seemed like she was getting some in practically every chapter. LOL But then in book 6 there was a shockingly small amount of nookie. I really liked the book, but I was ready for her to go visit a wolf club again.

I know, I'm never satisfied. I'm just complex that way :)

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Well the first book was the moon heat thing.

Beckyloohoo Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ aka Mrs. Acheron Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ (beckyloohoo) That's true. There was really no way around it in book 1.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Yep. Isn't there another book that takes place in the "heat of the moon?" I'm sure that one has to have loads of sex.

message 21: by Julianne (new)

Julianne | 143 comments Book 7 is partially during a moon heat and didn't have as much sex as I would have expected...not that there's none - just not what you'd expect. The first 3 books seem to have the most.

@Becky, I was hoping she'd go back to the wolf bar too...I kinda liked that. :)

message 22: by Julianne (new)

Julianne | 143 comments Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "Hmmm . . . I'll keep pushing on. I love male characters that piss me off, but I learn to love. ^_-"

You really should push on. I'm so emotionally invested that I've actually gotten teary a couple times in the last couple books.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments I accidently skipped over book 3 and jumped to 4 and 5. However I'm totally invested now, I can't stop!

Julianne you're right, the emotions are just over taking me.

message 24: by Lesliecaverson (new)

Lesliecaverson | 5 comments I haven't finished this series yet, but I have liked what I've read thus far.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Yeah it really is great.

And I love how the love interests move through the story (view spoiler)

message 26: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t i so need to start this series. i have the books (in TBR country of course). Are there other Riley newbie's we can buddy up a bit or anyone up for a re-read?

message 27: by Vaughn (new)

Vaughn Pat wrote: "i so need to start this series. i have the books (in TBR country of course). Are there other Riley newbie's we can buddy up a bit or anyone up for a re-read?"

I keep telling you how good it is.

message 28: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t i'll get to it (so I keep saying..so many books, so little time)

message 29: by Vaughn (new)

Vaughn Pat wrote: "i'll get to it (so I keep saying..so many books, so little time)"

I'll start a reread with book one ......

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments I'm up to book 7 and it's awesome!! Totally in love with Quinn now. It's a sign of a great author when they can make you love a character you had wanted to throw under a bus at the begining.

(view spoiler)

The emotions are driving me up the walls!