Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Series Discussions > House of Night - P.C. Cast

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (last edited Feb 25, 2010 02:25PM) (new)

message 2: by Bookworms (new)

Bookworms | 43 comments I started with this book two month ago and I'm on page 25. I read a lot of other books the last time and this book lays untouched in my bookshelf. I don't know why but it seems not to be a book for me.
Could it be that this storie's are similar with the Twilight books from Stephenie Meyer? Seems to be a teenager book.

message 3: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) Yeah these books are definitely YA!!! I really enjoyed these books tho. They are definitely not epic that's for sure, but for an easy no brainer read they are great! I like her take on vampires personally and agian it was just a fun read.... This seems to be one of those series that you either love or hate and I'm more on the love side.....

message 4: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4468 comments Mod
Definitely a YA read! I enjoyed the series up to book five (book six is out in the UK but I have not read it yet) becasue they are a fun and quite quick read. I liked Cast's Vampire world, the idea of everyone having to learn how to be a vampire at a special school made me smile and it's a good setting for lots of teen type stories. Guess I'm leaning towards the love side too then Suz!!

message 5: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i also liked that about the house of night where you go to school to learn more about your becomming a vampire and what to expect. and its so different from other vampire books but then again in other authors vamp books there have different vamps too from others. i liked that everyones vamps r different in a way.

message 6: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 276 comments I have a love-hate relationship with this series which is set to "hate" at the moment because the ending of Tempted was awful, it made no sense and a character was killed off that I really liked. This was probably the worst book so far, there were many things wrong with it. See? I'm "hating" it but it's addictive so I'll probably read the next one even though I don't want to, sigh.

message 7: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) tempted was my least favorite, b.c of a lot of things. they killed off the character i was starting to like. but its a vampire book and in vampire books its likely that people die.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 49 comments LOL, I guess I don't need to read Tempted now.

I also have a love/hate relationship with this series. I liked the back story, but I can't stand Zoey. I basically keep reading hoping that her friends and harem of men will wake up and ditch her. ;) I read the first five and bought the sixth but haven't gotten around to reading it. All of the bad reviews have put me off.

message 9: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melobrien) I thought this was an ok series....I too hate that they killed off Heath. But Zoey was starting to get om my nerves with all the guys...REALLY?! Do you need to have 3 guys all at once. But I am a little hooked. It's like when you see a bad accident. You really don't want to look at it but you cant seem to look away. Yeah that's it!

message 10: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) this is like the first series ive read wit a girl cant deciding wht guy she wants, i thought it was interesting b/c ive neva read anything liike it. i really hope she ends up wit stark though.

message 11: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melobrien) Oh!!!! me to! Well now that Heath is gone :( I am glad Eric is no longer a option. I really didn't like him.

message 12: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i love stark. he doesnt let her boy problems affect his job as her warrior. i knoe it bothers him a little but he does his best not to let it show.

message 13: by Amber (new)

Amber Hoxit (clove311) | 8 comments I read this series fairly quickly a few months ago, and liked it well enough. It's not a life changing series, but it is a breath of fresh air for the genre. Her way of looking at Vampirism is new and inventive, and the characters are great.

message 14: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) ~SPOILER~

chapter 1 of BURNED is released:

http://www.houseofnightseries.com/pag...

message 15: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (heatherbenson) I really liked this series when I first started it. The first three or four books I enjoyed a lot, but after that I found that they started to go down hill. The fifth one, Hunted, was I think my least favourite out of them all, and the sixth was not that great either, but a bit better. I'm still planing on finishing the series because I don't like to quit something once I start it, but if the books don't start to get better and there is going to be as many as they say there are, then I might have to quit reading them.

message 16: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (llogan24) hi, Heather - i completely agree w/ you about HoN. i discovered this series after Twilight, and i really enjoyed the first few books. i went out to B&N the day Tempted was released, paid full price, and was really disappointed in it. i felt like almost nothing happened in the entire book, and ****mild spoiler****i couldn't believe that it basically took place all in the span of one day. i will read Burned, but if it doesn't redeem itself, this may be the first series that i don't complete.

message 17: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i didnt really like tempted that much. i thought hunted and tempted were somewhat disappointing. an plus she needs to end this series soon i fear it may drag on too long and then get pointless. i heard her say 9-12. but 9 is more than enough.

message 18: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (heatherbenson) Leigh wrote: "hi, Heather - i completely agree w/ you about HoN. i discovered this series after Twilight, and i really enjoyed the first few books. i went out to B&N the day Tempted was released, paid full pri..."

Hey, Leigh - I know what you mean about nothing happening, the whole book basically took place in the same place. It felt like they were trying to build up to something, but it was taking way too long, and nothing was even really solved in the end. I also bought the book almost right when it came out and paid full price which I really don't think it was worth. ****SPOILER**** And another thing that buged me was how they killed of Heath. It's not that they did it that really bothered me, it's just the fact that they did it in like two lines and I was kind of like "what?". They took so much time with the rest of the book and rushed through the ending.

message 19: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (llogan24) Heather wrote: "Leigh wrote: "hi, Heather - i completely agree w/ you about HoN. i discovered this series after Twilight, and i really enjoyed the first few books. i went out to B&N the day Tempted was released,..."

ITA w/ you Heather - ****SPOILER***** i actually didn't mind that heath was killed off either (he actually really got on my nerves), but like you said, the whole book droned on and on, and then boom, that happened, and then it was over. i really was disappointed w/ this one. i'm almost nervous to read Burned b/c i don't want to be so disappointed again. haven't even read the 1st chapter yet that's already available.

message 20: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (heatherbenson) I haven't read the first chapter yet either, I might just wait till I actually get the book. I'm a little nervos too to read it, but I think that this one might be a little more about Stevie Rae and I find that her story is becoming more interesting than Zoey's.