Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Series Discussions > The Morganville Vampires - Rachel Caine

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (last edited Feb 25, 2010 02:46PM) (new)

message 2: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley (Trillianne) | 373 comments I have the first one on eReader but haven't read it yet, all the reports I have had on it have been good though.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 49 comments I adore this series. The books are fast paced quick reads that feel more like chapters in an overall story than individual books. I read the first five over the course of a couple of days and fell in love with the housemates. I love Caine's take on vampires and the cast of characters that (mostly) help keep Claire, Shane, Michael and Eve out of trouble. I'm really looking forward to Kiss Of Death!

message 4: by Catherine (new)

Catherine I'm waiting for Kiss Of Death too. I love this series, but I know what you mean when you say they feel like individual chapters. Every book lasts only a few days in the Morganville world, and yet we have to wait months for them to come out. It doesn't feel like it's enough!

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 49 comments The wait between book is especially bad when they so often end on cliffhangers (especially the earlier books).

Caine just released the cover for book 9 Ghost Town. It's going to be the first book in the series to be released in hardback. (Boo...) She confirmed that her publisher has approved 12 books in the series. (Yay!)

Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9) by Rachel Caine

message 6: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 276 comments Thanks for the update, DarkHeart. Two books this year, whoohoo! Not happy about the hardcover though and we're all ready more than halfway through the series. I'll be sad when it ends.

message 7: by Jennifer D. (new)

Jennifer D. (jenpen4) New Book May 1 - Black Dawn. I can't wait!! I love this series.

AND I just saw on her website that she has a deal for 15 books now in this series, which means we have at least one more year!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I stopped reading up to book 3. Need to catch up. Like this series as well.

message 9: by China (new)

China (chinap) Just started on this series....Rachel Caine comes highly recommended!

message 10: by Susan (last edited Feb 09, 2012 07:11PM) (new)

Susan I gave up after book 5 - turns out YA isn't my thing. I kept waiting for SOME sex - even if it was HINTED at...
sigh

edit - THE BOOKS were very good for what they were... again - YA - very well written and interesting.

message 11: by Jennifer D. (new)

Jennifer D. (jenpen4) Susan *ARK* wrote: "I gave up after book 5 - turns out YA isn't my thing. I kept waiting for SOME sex - even if it was HINTED at...
sigh

edit - THE BOOKS were very good for what they were... again - YA - very wel..."

There is SOME sex, but since it is YA you don't get a lot of details on it.

message 12: by Kim (new)

Kim Hathorn | 2 comments I've just started book 1 Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine and I love it! It's smart, funny, and an easy, fun read. Although I've read vampire stories before(mostly horror) I'm pretty new to the paranormal romance/urban fantasy genres, so, for me, the jury is still out on this series...But I have positive vibes:-)..