Teen Catholic Girls book club discussion

New Books for Christian Teens

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ronica (new)

Ronica Stromberg | 2 comments I'm the author of two new tween/teen inspirational books, "A Shadow in the Dark" and "Living It Up to Live It Down." I present as an author at Catholic schools frequently and think these books might be enjoyable reads for your group. The first book is a mystery. The second is the sequel. I've posted questions book groups can use to spark discussion at my site:

http://ronicastromberg.wordpress.com/que...

The books can be ordered at a discount online from the publisher, Royal Fireworks Press, at www.rfwp.com.

If you have any questions about them, let me know. :)

message 2: by An (new)

An Ronica wrote: "I'm the author of two new tween/teen inspirational books, "A Shadow in the Dark" and "Living It Up to Live It Down." I present as an author at Catholic schools frequently and think these books migh..."

Hi, I'm Bryn. I'm an aspiring author, in the writing process, and am beginning to look at possible publishers for christian YA literature. (that's what I write). I was wondering if you'd be willing to share whether your experience with your publishing company was a positive one, and whether you would recommend the publisher?

message 3: by An (last edited May 06, 2012 02:22PM) (new)

An These are all Catholic YA books:
The Shadow of the Bear (A Fairy Tale Retold #1) by Regina Doman
Black as Night (A Fairy Tale Retold #2) by Regina Doman
Waking Rose (A Fairy Tale Retold #3) by Regina Doman
The Midnight Dancers (A Fairy Tale Retold #4) by Regina Doman
Alex O'Donnell and the 40 CyberThieves (A Fairy Tale Retold #5) by Regina Doman
Catholic, Reluctantly John Paul 2 High School - Book 1 by Christian M. Frank
Awakening by Claudia Cangilla McAdam

message 4: by Ronica (new)

Ronica Stromberg | 2 comments Bryn, if you know you want a Christian publisher, your best bet is to look in that market first. The publisher of my teen books isn't a Christian publisher; the publisher just tested the Christian market with a few books like mine, but that is not the company's mainstay.

message 5: by An (new)

An Ronica wrote: "Bryn, if you know you want a Christian publisher, your best bet is to look in that market first. The publisher of my teen books isn't a Christian publisher; the publisher just tested the Christian ..."

Ok, thanks for letting me know!

AurorainBookland these are some catholic YA fiction that I want to read

The possibilities of sainthood / Donna Freitas.

the red blazer girls series by Michael D. Beil.

Leap of faith / Kimberly Brubaker Bradley.

How I saved my father's life (and ruined everything else) / Ann Hood - read this a while ago the main charecter attends a catholic church but the main plot isn't relgious

message 7: by Katyoskoui (new)

Katyoskoui | 2 comments Christian teen fiction authors to read: Klassen, Julie for The Silent Governess; Snelling, Lauraine for Valley of Dreams, Langgle, S.C. for Alice in Everville, Mowat, Claire for Last Summer in Louisbourg, Frantz, Laura and DiMarco, Hayley