Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Series Discussions > Merry Gentry - Laurell K Hamilton

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (last edited Jul 26, 2010 01:27PM) (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4468 comments Mod
I've heard some good things.........

A Kiss of Shadows (Meredith Gentry, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton A Caress of Twilight (Meredith Gentry, #2) by Laurell K. Hamilton Seduced by Moonlight (Meredith Gentry, #3) by Laurell K. Hamilton A Stroke of Midnight (Meredith Gentry, #4) by Laurell K. Hamilton Mistral's Kiss (Meredith Gentry, #5) by Laurell K. Hamilton A Lick of Frost (Meredith Gentry, #6) by Laurell K. Hamilton Swallowing Darkness (Meredith Gentry, #7) by Laurell K. Hamilton Divine Misdemeanors (Meredith Gentry, #8) by Laurell K. Hamilton

message 2: by Book Huntress (new)

Book Huntress (bookhuntress) | 30 comments I just LOVE Merry & her men... ummm Doyle... Frost... Ryhs... *wipe drool from mouth*

message 3: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

Oh no, another series it sounds like I need to read NOW!!! Jennifer it sounds really good... *stares at Jennifer wipping drool from mouth and wants to know.....*

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren oh my killing frost!!!!!

message 5: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) OH yeah Jen, Merry is definitely another good series you need to read soon!

message 6: by Bookworms (new)

Bookworms | 43 comments I started with the first book and was very astonished about it. Very great and good with a lot of magic and fantastic characteres. Merry and her men are very nice and I think it will be a facor series for me, too.

message 7: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

For my next read I want something a bit different to BDB would Merry make a good choice? I don't mind there still being some yummy men though *grins*

message 8: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) Oh yeah WAY different Jenn!! No Vamps at all, it's all about the Fae, set between LA and outside St. Louis MO....

message 9: by Book Huntress (new)

Book Huntress (bookhuntress) | 30 comments Yeah Merry is very different to BDB, but just as good - I think it would be a good choice for your next series...

message 10: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

Merry must be meant to be my next choice - picked up the first two books today new for £1.50 (full price about £15!!) my best book buy since BDB 1-6 for £15!! and that worked out VERY well.

message 11: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) That's a sweet deal Jen and yes I think it's a sign!!! Let us know what you think of Merry once you start reading them!

message 12: by Mariya (last edited Mar 10, 2010 09:29PM) (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) this really sounds like a series i need to read. wht r ur guy's opnion on this? really good?

message 13: by DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (last edited Mar 11, 2010 07:42AM) (new)

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 49 comments I tried this series (on audio) and didn't make it through the third book. I know a lot of people really like it, but it just wasn't for me. I felt it began to rely too heavily on sex to drive the story along (yes, I understand Merry's goal, but still). I actually ended up finding it distracting, which was a shame because I enjoyed the court intrigue and that aspect of the story. I'm vaguely interested to learn about the outcome of the main story line, but not enough to read through them. Will have to check out some spoiler reviews, I think. =)

message 14: by Book Huntress (new)

Book Huntress (bookhuntress) | 30 comments Jen, that is SO definitely a sign!!!! Great deal.

DarkHeart, I hate when sex gets in the way - LOL (...you can just "skim over" those sections, kind of like I do when ready a Tom Clancy and he goes all techno on us, I mean I like knowing something about the whatzit but I don't need to know how to build it!!!) Plus the court stuff gets way better and the newest book Divine Misdemeanors kind of starts a new episode in their lives so you might want to restart with that one because it was really good.

message 15: by Bookworms (new)

Bookworms | 43 comments I began with the second book a few days ago and it seems very similar to the first book. Well, the sex in this book doesn't surprise me because it's a book from Laurell and she write very often about very detailed and extraordinary sex scenes.

message 16: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

Jennifer "Book Huntress" wrote: "Jen, that is SO definitely a sign!!!!"

I thought so!! I'm going to read the first two Merry books soon then. I am going to finish BDB first and then read our group read for March/April! I am expecting good things!!!

message 17: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) man. i really wanna read this one. but i gots so much to read after the vamp academy, im reading fever series, then maybe night huntress, then stuck between BDB and this one...man.why is there so much that i wanna read all at the same time right now.

message 18: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

Mariya wrote: "man. i really wanna read this one. but i gots so much to read after the vamp academy, im reading fever series, then maybe night huntress, then stuck between BDB and this one...man.why is there so m..."

I so know what you mean!! There are so many books I want to read! It is really hard to pick the next one, I usually go by what I have on my shelf and recommendations and choose something to match my mood.

message 19: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i knoe. well i think most of my stuff on my to read shelf is young adult and half of it isnt released yet. somewhere between release april-sept..i knoe i want to take a break on young adult for a little while. then i was like there r like 4-5 adult paranormal series to pick from and im like which one..?! hahaha. im glad im on break from school...i gotta get as many books in as i can.