Red Dress Ink Fans discussion

Quarterly Books > The Second Assistant - Claire Naylor March 2010

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
3rd Option

message 2: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 422 comments I am currently reading this...only up to chapter 6 but I am hooked!

message 3: by Tara (new)

Tara I started it awhile ago and never finished. I will have to try again. You gave me confidence in this book Cathy!

message 4: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (diva2416) | 819 comments I had this on my shelf FOREVER. Hopefully will start reading it soon.

message 5: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 422 comments Good! I"m glad I Could get you interested in it...I just wanted to check out a new author and I really haven't read many books with the whole Hollywood thing but figured it'd be up my alley...though I don't read the gossip mags as much as I used to...it's definitely always been a guilty pleasure of mine..

message 6: by Stacy (new)

I really liked this book. Make sure you read the sequel, The First Assistant: A Continuing Tale from Behind the Hollywood Curtain. It's just as great!

message 7: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 422 comments Nice, thanks for the recommendation...if only I could read faster...how do people speed read? Is that really just skimming..I could never do that...someitmes I daydream too and have to reread stuff I just read:)

message 8: by Stacy (new)

I'd like to learn how to speed read when it comes to textbooks! LOL!

message 9: by Kristine (new)

Kristine (kc0217) | 335 comments Borders has had this book on sale for forever.

message 10: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 422 comments So has anyone started or chosen to read this book for March?

message 11: by Tara (new)

Tara I am on page 147 of this book.

message 12: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 422 comments Tara wrote: "I am on page 147 of this book."

Ha..I just looked and I'm on page 156..too funny almost exactly the same..what do you think? You like it? I can't wait to be through with it...it's a fun book no doubt but there's not much of a goal (or am I missing something?) Or I guess it's a story of a woman finding her place in the world..I like it...I'm not trying ot sound like I don;t:) I will likely read the sequel at some point too..

message 13: by Tara (new)

Tara I really like the book to. This is one I hope I can be done with soon too. I have the sequel at home but not sure when I will read it.

message 14: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 422 comments Tara,

Are you having a haard time getting past the middle of this book or is it just me?? It's like the story line doensn't have a rise in action so I find it hard to maintain my interest..I mean new things keep happening...but nothing super stimulating...what do you think? I'm just trying to finsih it to finish it at this point:)

Cathy

message 15: by Tara (new)

Tara Cathy wrote: "Tara,

Are you having a haard time getting past the middle of this book or is it just me?? It's like the story line doensn't have a rise in action so I find it hard to maintain my interest..I mea..."

Cathy, I feel the same way. I am kinda bored with it and I find myself reading other books at the same time. I want to be finished with it to.

message 16: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 422 comments Ha...I'm so glad it's not just me....I keep wanting to start something else but I'm like it's a lousy 100 pages more...but it doesn't help if I'm falling asleep...if you get done first let me know how the end is! Maybe it will motivate me to finish..I still wanna read the second in hopes that it's better:)

message 17: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 422 comments Tara - I finally finished this morning...I gotta say I got back into it inthe last 60 pages...but what a slump in the middle! I still want to read the sequel so I don't know...I guess it's prob one of those books that only when I look back on do I say, "yeah that was pretty good" but it was a bear to get through at times!

message 18: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 1215 comments Oh I loved this book! I wasn't as crazy about the sequel but still it's a guilty pleasure.

If anyone reads Zoey Dean's "Hollywood is Like High School With Money" after reading this, you'll see a lot of the same stuff...

message 19: by Tara (new)

Tara You're right Cathy. I finished it and it did get better at the end. I want to read The First Assistant now but there are other books I should rad first.

message 20: by Stacy (new)

Kourtney wrote: "Oh I loved this book! I wasn't as crazy about the sequel but still it's a guilty pleasure.

If anyone reads Zoey Dean's "Hollywood is Like High School With Money" after reading this, you'll see a..."

LOL, I just requested that book on PBS! :)