Team Gale discussion

Movie reviews > Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ariane (new)

Ariane (seeker15) | 32 comments first of all, i've been a huge fan of this series for four years now and have followed this movie since it's development. but while most fans hated it, i absolutely loved it. it was fairly different from the books, but i think most of the changes really worked for them. the special effects were phenomenal, the acting was great, and i just think it was a really fantastic movie overall. definitely 5 stars.

go see it if you're a fan of Harry Potter, Narnia, etc. however, don't be EXPECTING Harry Potter. It's really, really different, but the same fantasy element is there.

message 2: by Madeline (new)

Madeline (madelinemoghimi) first off thank you for not making th only person to post in this folder and secondly nice review 8-)

message 3: by Katniss (new)

Katniss Everdeen (thefirebeneathus) | 3 comments i liked it, but i think they should have made it like the book more. i didnt like how they changed the ending, but otherwise, good movie.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Did any of you stay for the credits and see the medusa in the fridge scene? Made me laugh. Ha Ha! I didn't see the scene till the second time I saw the movie. It was great!

message 5: by Paige (new)

Paige (thewordshakermockingjay) I didn't really like the movie. It was so different than the books. I mean, what was it with Luke? He was just thrown off into the Hudson river! Does anyone know if they will make a movie of The Sea of Monsters?

message 6: by Ariane (new)

Ariane (seeker15) | 32 comments apparently they are, but i haven't heard anything official yet.

message 7: by Paige (new)

Paige (thewordshakermockingjay) Ariane wrote: "apparently they are, but i haven't heard anything official yet."

tell me when you find something out! Not like I'm going to see it at all...

message 8: by Ariane (new)

Ariane (seeker15) | 32 comments hahaha i know the actors were signed on for 3 movies, but i don't think the movie did well enough that they're going to make a sequel :P