Lord of the Rings discussion

Chat > Chat

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (new)

Anne (anneveneman) This group is more then usually dead. I find this upseting, being that Lord of the Rings is a wonderfully amazing work of literature.

Is anyone still around here?

message 2: by Anne (new)

Anne (anneveneman) We should do something then... liven things up. This work of fiction deserves more than a dead book group, haha.

... another troublsome thing is that most of the posted discussions are by a deleted member. I am slightly concerned.

message 3: by Ada (new)

Ada (caladhieledhel-mellon) Hi!My name is Caladhiel, and I am obsessed with LOTR.

message 4: by Ada (new)

Ada (caladhieledhel-mellon) Sorry i probably sound like an idiot, but I do love that book.

message 5: by Ada (new)

Ada (caladhieledhel-mellon) Is the roleplaying for this group dead?

message 6: by Anne (new)

Anne (anneveneman) Nice to meet you Caladhiel (aka Helen), who is obsessed with Lord of the Rings.

I think the RP is pretty dead. I never even joined it because it was so far gone. We should start a new one...

message 7: by Ada (new)

Ada (caladhieledhel-mellon) Good idea.

message 8: by K. M. R. (new)

K. M. R. (moisoha) | 3 comments I tend to bring things back to life if you want some help. ;)

message 9: by Anne (new)

Anne (anneveneman) Sweetness! Any ideas?

message 10: by K. M. R. (new)

K. M. R. (moisoha) | 3 comments Well. for the most part we begin by overpowering th old topics, simply post whatever information you think might be fun. You can also go looking for people and see if abny of them are still alive and send them messages.

message 11: by Anne (new)

Anne (anneveneman) Right, of course. I started this topic to get things moving... it hasn't helped much though.

message 12: by Ada (new)

Ada (caladhieledhel-mellon) Aye. 'Tis sad, how LOTR fans seem to be dying off.

message 13: by Ada (new)

Ada (caladhieledhel-mellon) A great fansite is http://www.arwen-undomiel.com They have spoofs, an elvish dictionary, games, quizzes, and all sorts of good stuff.

message 14: by Anne (new)

Anne (anneveneman) Ooooh! How exciting!

message 15: by Ada (new)

Ada (caladhieledhel-mellon) Anne, you should join the Lord of the Rings Fan group. It's a lot more active than this one, trust me.

message 16: by Anne (new)

Anne (anneveneman) Send me the link! I am dieing for some action, haha!

message 17: by K. M. R. (last edited Mar 12, 2010 06:59PM) (new)

K. M. R. (moisoha) | 3 comments Braggart moment: I kinda sorta brought it back to life!!! Okay, that's over. Anyway, I do have to thank Helen for the help, I just started posting again and hoping someone would reply... anyway, here's the link:

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/1...

message 18: by Ada (new)

Ada (caladhieledhel-mellon) Well, we tried- but there's not as much to say between just three people. At least the other group is thriving.