♪MUSIC♫ discussion

Favorite singers > Beatles

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

It's criminal not 2 have one for th Fab Four! or the Plastic Ono Band, the All-Starr Band, Wings, any of Paul/John/Ringo?Georgie's bands post-Beatles!

message 2: by Meha (new)

Meha (mehahossain) Lol You can Start eht. =D

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Does anyone actually like the Beatles?

message 4: by SLIM SHADY (new)

SLIM SHADY Gontier (heroesfreak) | 7 comments I LOVE THE BEATLES!!! Paul I think is my favorite.. inspiration to start playing the piano!!! My four favorite song that each member sings is the following:
Paul McCartney Helter Skelter, John Lennon Revolution, George Harrison While My Guitar Gently Weeps, and Ringo Starr Boys :) I am a Beatle Fanatic! Truely I am!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Woot! a kindered soul! They r the sexiest musicians ever! yaysh! i am currently hooked on the song sheik of Araby form the decca auditions.

message 7: by SLIM SHADY (new)

SLIM SHADY Gontier (heroesfreak) | 7 comments Incurable Beatlemaniac wrote: "Woot! a kindered soul! They r the sexiest musicians ever! yaysh! i am currently hooked on the song sheik of Araby form the decca auditions."

wow I haven't heard that song! Is it good?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Amazing! I'll post a link as soon as I get home, because the internet connection really sucks @ my grandma's... actually, there might be a link in my profile thingy... I'll look, lemme see....

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

okay, there is not. I still have my profile info centered around Duckie, not I've got to re-do it around the Beatles. Soooo there's another thin to do when i get back home...

message 10: by Meha (new)

Meha (mehahossain) Eh not much. They're just cool. =D

message 11: by Madeline (new)

Madeline i just like one or two of their songs

message 12: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) I don't hate the Beatles, but i'm not a big fan either. I think their overrated, and given way to much credit for the shaping of rock music today.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

wtf? do you even kno some of the things that htey did, man? theycreated sooo many things, innovated the era, INFLUENCED THE ENTIRE WORLD FOR AN ENTIRE TEN YEARS, and plus they make gr8 music while shaking their hair and being generally sexy.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Madeline wrote: "i just like one or two of their songs"

which 2?

message 15: by Meha (new)

Meha (mehahossain) They're just cool so yeah.

message 16: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) OMG Another Jane Doe are you even old enough to know what your talking about. By the way your spelling your words tells me your a young lady. The Beatles did not invent music! They may have inspired many people, but the world. Please give me a break!

message 17: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 59 comments PAUL PWNS. Oops. Stupid caps button. He's my favorite. I love them. A lot.

message 18: by Meha (new)

Meha (mehahossain) Me ? A Jane Doe ? And yes , I'm not that old . But yeah , Lori , you're right but then again they didn't INVENT music but instead they INSPIRED many many many artists and almost created a new STYLE of music . They had a big part in our history but they definitely did NOT invent musi c. Oh wait , never mind , You were talking to "Another Jane Doe ." LOls , my bad . =D

message 19: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) I agree they did play a part in our music history, and inspired many musicians. But IMO they didn't do it all by themselves. I just think their a bit overrated. If you could see my iTunes, you would think I loved them. I have 8 of their CD's on there.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Lori wrote: "OMG Another Jane Doe are you even old enough to know what your talking about. By the way your spelling your words tells me your a young lady. The Beatles did not invent music! They may have inspire..."

Rly? And what does age have? Technically they invented music, i suppose, is what i wz trying 2 say. They inspired most evry1, and they technically reformed music. Granted, i must keep in mind not evry1 is in2 them, bcuz I am the biggest beatlemaniac on the planet, but still. you've gotta give them SOME credit! and why does everyone on this stupid website think age has anything to do with it? age hasn't anything to do with taste, maturity, or level of intellegence. I reached a phs (post high-school) level in approximately second grade. i doubt YOU did. an if you really did, then i apologize, but i sincerely doubt it. I have met adults with far less maturity than I, and therefore I wouldn't base any opinions on age in the future to save embarrasment about things you dont know. peace, love, and hare krishna have an amazing day, and remember that a mantra a day keeps MAYA' away!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

and MY spelling? your is belongong. you should have used you're in at least one spot where you put your. I can tell you many better ways to phrase your insinuation, and I think it very rude to criticize based upon age alone. for all you know, I could be thirty years your senior! I am thirteen and am still correcting your awful spelling and grammatical errors. disgusting.

message 22: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) All I can say to that is, well nothing! I'm not into arguing with kids.

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing." Albert Einstein

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

here we go again with age. What does age matter?

'In the end it's not the years in your life that matter, but the life in your years.' Abraham Lincoln

message 24: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) "Don't sweat the small stuff, it's a long walk back to Eden." Carolyn Roberts--Insomnia--Stephen King

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
— Dr. Seuss

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

"I am not young enough to know everything."
— Oscar Wilde

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

"Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever."
— Walt Disney Company

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

"Count your age by friends, not years Count your life by smiles, not tears."
— John Lennon

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

"The older I grow, the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom."
— H.L. Mencken

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

"Older men declare war. But it is youth that must fight and die."
— Herbert Hoover

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

"Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough."
— Groucho Marx

message 32: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) "I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I aim with my eye."

"I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I shoot with my mind."

"I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
I kill with my heart."

Roland Dsechain --- The gunslinger --- Stephen King

message 33: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) You have some very good quotes there Another Jane Doe.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you. I like your last, from 'The Gunslinger.' I've yet to finish it, it's sitting in the papasan waiting for me to finish it.

message 35: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (briannaa) | 10 comments "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
— Dr. Seuss

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Nice, nice, nice! Everybody loves the good doctor!

message 37: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) Is the first one, The Gunslinger, sitting in the papasan waiting, or is it one of the others? This is my second favorite by King, IT being the first.

"Oh yes, we all float-and when your down here with us, you'll float to." Pennywise -- IT -- Stephen King

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

It's actually all however many there are... is it a trilogy? bcuz there r 3 books therer... and I want 2 read IT, but I've not found it yet. My personal favourite would be carrie... or maybe Insomnia... or the Stand... they're all amazing, though.

message 39: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) The gunslinger books are 7 all told. The Stand is my number 3, and Insomnia is number 4. I have over 60 King books, and i've just about read them all. I think there are 5 of them I havnen't read yet.

"That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human FUCKERY." Larry Underwood -- The Stand -- Stephen King

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

I've only been collecting King for about a year now... I have 3 gunslinger books, carrie, 2 copies of desperation, 2 of insomnia, the stand (uncut), and a few others that i can;t quite remember the names of at the present.

message 41: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) You have The Stand have you read it? It's a really good book. I've read it at least 3 times.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, it's amazing! I got halfway through the Gunslinger today in English class (because I know my verbs already, I'm in eighth grade for chrissake.)

message 43: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) My oldest daughter is 29, she'll 30 the 18th of this month. Her and her sisters have all read the Twilight books, and all of Harry Potter. She ask what was another good series, I told her The Gunslinger. She has saddened me because she only read about one fourth of the first book before saying she coudln't read King. She had tried to read IT a couple of years ago, and never finished, saying she just couldn't get into King. Oh well what ya gonna do? I couldn't read the Twilight books, so I guess we're pretty even.

Your a funny young lady, do you know that? :)

message 44: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 59 comments HI! I can't do Stephen King. Too creepy. But then I'm pretty young. Under thirteen.

I LOVED harry Potter though. Twilight was stupid, I'm currently reading Percy Jackson. and I'm really excited to read....I don't know yet. We'll get there.

Oh and I got this huge book full of unpublished-til-now- beatles pics and there's some shots where John Lennon look like Harry Potter.

message 45: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) Yeah under thirteen is a little young for King, but I guess that depends on the kid.

I really want to see the Percy Jackson movie. Let me know how the book/books are. I love fantasy and greek mythology.

That sounds like a great pitcure book. I always thought John was the cutest one of them. I still remember where I was, and what I was doing the day he got killed. Very sad day indeed.

message 46: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) I love the Beatles' blue album, hee hee hee.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Rob wrote: "Abbey Road=One of the best albums ever released."

yeah, plus the innovative album cover!

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Tressa wrote: "I love the Beatles' blue album, hee hee hee."

I've got it on the original vinyl! (I want the red album on vinyl, but that's the one you can never find. It's uber rare, especially in playable condition.)

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Lori wrote: "My oldest daughter is 29, she'll 30 the 18th of this month. Her and her sisters have all read the Twilight books, and all of Harry Potter. She ask what was another good series, I told her The Gunsl..."

yeah, I know I'm a 'funny young lady'. It's fun to be 'funny' in tday's world, because everyone seems almost a carbon copy of each other. sickens the mind, all this repetition, and therefore I embrace my differences ;)

message 50: by elizabeth (new)

elizabeth (elizabeth-) lol

« previous 1