Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

HEA in Literature > Historical - Regency/Victorian Era

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

message 3: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samthemonkeygirl) | 13 comments Love Julia Quinn, Johanna Lindsey, Lisa Kleypas, Judith McNaught, Sabraina Jeffries. But we musn't forget:

Tracy Anne Warren
Samantha James
Eloisa James
Lorraine Heath
Elizabeth Boyle
and Victoria Alexander is pretty good too

message 4: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Samantha, thanks for adding to our list:)

I like Tracy Anne Warren and Samantha James. Victoria Alexander was just ok for me and I liked Lorraine Heath's "western" novels.
I started on one of Elizabeth Boyle's and quit. I should probably try her again. I haven't read Eloisa James yet.

message 5: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samthemonkeygirl) | 13 comments Pamela wrote: "Samantha, thanks for adding to our list:)

I like Tracy Anne Warren and Samantha James. Victoria Alexander was just ok for me and I liked Lorraine Heath's "western" novels.
I started on one of E..."

Eloisa James is great! I'd suggest starting with her Essex Sister's series. Its my favorite of her books. =]

And I agree, victoria alexander passes as okay but some of her books aren't too bad.

The first Elizabeth Boyle I read was "Mistress by Morning" and I really enjoyed it. However, it involves magic in the story so, if you're not into that then, maybe you won't like it.

I read Lorraine Heath's Regency novels. I never read the Texas Western ones because I prefer the Regency England settings however, I'll probably end up reading them eventually though.

message 6: by Julianna (last edited Mar 03, 2010 11:02AM) (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 671 comments Out of those mentioned already, I'm also a big fan of Lisa Kleypas, Gaelen Foley, Elizabeth Hoyt and Lorraine Heath, although I've only read her westerns so far. I have quite a few of the others on my TBR list.

I'll add:
Liz Carlyle
Julie Garwood
Kathleen O'Reilly (She's only written one historical so far, but it was a really good one, IMHO.:-))

message 7: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samthemonkeygirl) | 13 comments Julie (Mom2lnb) wrote: "Out of those mentioned already, I'm also a big fan of Lisa Kleypas, Gaelen Foley, Elizabeth Hoyt and Lorraine Heath, although I've only read her westerns so far. I have quite a few of the others on..."

IMHO? whats that mean?

message 8: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments In My Humble Opinion :) IMHO

message 9: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Julie (Mom2lnb) wrote: "Out of those mentioned already, I'm also a big fan of Lisa Kleypas, Gaelen Foley, Elizabeth Hoyt and Lorraine Heath, although I've only read her westerns so far. I have quite a few of the others on..."

I'm surprised I didn't remember Julie Garwood for this category. Probably 'cause I think of her Medievals more but I do love The Lion's Lady and the rest of the Crown Spies series

message 10: by Julianna (last edited Mar 03, 2010 04:39PM) (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 671 comments I have a tendency to think of her medievals first too. In fact, I went back and edited my message to include her after reviewing my favorite authors list. If memory serves, the Crown Spies series were her only Regencies. I haven't read any of them in many years. I need to do some re-reads.:-)

message 11: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Julie (Mom2lnb) wrote: "I have a tendency to think of her medievals first too. In fact, I went back and edited my message to include her after reviewing my favorite authors list. If memory serves, the Crown Spies series w..."

I feel some rereads coming on myself :)

message 12: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samthemonkeygirl) | 13 comments Haha I'm thinking about making a new list called re-read.. haha I re-read A LOT

message 13: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Samantha wrote: "Haha I'm thinking about making a new list called re-read.. haha I re-read A LOT"

lol good name for a shelf. I sorta use my keeper shelf as my reread shelf

message 14: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samthemonkeygirl) | 13 comments Haha yeah, my idea of Heaven is something like a Barnes&Noble sized library (in my house) with all my favorite books and potential favorites wall to wall, (organized by genre and author) and a big comfy chair with an ottoman. *sigh* Complete with Starbucks ;)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

♥ Beth wrote: "Charlotte Featherstone
Jess Michaels
Elizabeth Hoyt"

You took the words write out of my mouth

message 18: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments nice list Danielle!
I've read most of those authors and like many of them :)
I only see a few names I've not tried.

message 20: by Xia (new)

Xia (xiat) My favorites would have to be Julia Quinn, Tracy Anne Warren, Sarah MacLean, and Mary Balogh.