Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

Heroes And Heroines > Historical - Cowboys/Gunslingers

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments How bout them rough and tough cowboys and gunslingers?
name your fave authors...
Johanna Lindsey
Jodi Thomas
Sarah McCarty
Catherine Anderson

message 3: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz I've read some of the ones already mentioned and my fave is Sarah McCarty.

message 4: by Rhea (new)

Rhea Rhodan (rhea_rhodan) | 31 comments I do like the older Sarah McCarty's (back when she was with Ellora's Cave). I haven't read the new ones yet. Lorelei James are great for modern cowboys and I do have Beth Williamson on my TBR. I've enjoyed Cheyenne McCray, but didn't know she had cowboy stories. I'll have to check out the others then back again for more. The good ones seem hard to find.

message 5: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Some other authors I've read since this thread was started are

Maggie Osborne funny
Linda Winstead Jones funny
Alexis Harrington Writes about dark subjects
Lauri Robinson Writes clean and sweet westerns.
Lorraine Heath
Julie Garwood only wrote a few westerns

and there are more but that's all I'll mention for now.

message 6: by Rhea (new)

Rhea Rhodan (rhea_rhodan) | 31 comments Thanks, Pamela!

message 7: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments you are welcome ☺

namericanwordcat | 591 comments I would add in Rose Only His

message 9: by Rhea (new)

Rhea Rhodan (rhea_rhodan) | 31 comments namericanwordcat wrote: "I would add in Rose Only His"

Thanks!

message 10: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 591 comments The Lowell series is really really good and underread.

message 11: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments I keep meaning to check out the rest of that series. I've only read one in that series.

message 12: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 591 comments It has been a long time since I read them but I kept my hard copies so this means that I think they are good enough for a reread or to foist on friends.

message 13: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (last edited Jul 18, 2012 09:13AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments I've read them over and over again. They are very good. I think my library has one on audiobook. I should take a listen, since I have read NOT any of them in over a year.

message 14: by Rhea (new)

Rhea Rhodan (rhea_rhodan) | 31 comments Who wrote the Lowell series?

message 15: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments She made be talking about Elizabeth Lowell's Only series, Rhea.

message 16: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 591 comments Yep.

message 17: by Rhea (new)

Rhea Rhodan (rhea_rhodan) | 31 comments Rhea wrote: "Who wrote the Lowell series?"

Thanks!

message 18: by C. (last edited Mar 19, 2016 09:47AM) (new)

C. | 18 comments Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Some other authors I've read since this thread was started are

Maggie Osborne funny
Linda Winstead Jones funny
Alexis Harrington Writes about dark su..."

Thank you so much for mentioning that Lauri Robinson writes sweet and "clean" westerns, as I do prefer all my reads to be mostly "clean"[not Christian, read and loved many of those when I was a Christian, but can no longer take all the god-talk] mild scattered profanity only, and steamy kisses but closed bedroom door, and no gratuitous violence or gruesome gore, plus no detailed abuse of any kind to a child.

I love those I've found by Rebecca Winters.

Can anyone suggest other clean[not Christian] westerns? I also enjoy western lawmen romances, Marshalls, Sheriffs, Deputies, and Texas Rangers.

message 19: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments C., feel free to look at my one-foot-on-the-floor shelf. Some are Westerns and some are Christians...you'll have to sort through them.

message 20: by C. (last edited Mar 20, 2016 03:06AM) (new)

C. | 18 comments Thank you Lisa Kay! Several titles look promising.

message 21: by Roberta2 (new)

Roberta2 | 17 comments I love Ellen O'Connell's heroes.