Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

HEA in Literature > Historical - Scotland/Highlanders

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Thought I'd make a folder for those Hunky Highlanders...
Best Highlander authors IMHO are
Julie Garwood
Karen Marie Moning
Hannah Howell
Monica McCarty
Mary Wine only has 2 I think but good

message 2: by ♥ Beth (new)

♥ Beth Kresley Cole - McCarrick Brothers series!
Donna Grant

message 3: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments ♥ Beth wrote: "Kresley Cole - McCarrick Brothers series!
Donna Grant"

Yes, good ones :)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic I liked Karen Marie Moning's Beyond the Highland Mist. I think that was the first one right? Well I liked the tone and plot of it. The culture of the highlander, how she made the heroine feisty but not stubborn.

message 5: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Kenjii ~*~Black Kat~**~ wrote: "I liked Karen Marie Moning's Beyond the Highland Mist. I think that was the first one right? Well I liked the tone and plot of it. The culture of the highlander, how she made the hero..."

I think I've read them all and I loved them bunches. But I read them totally out of order :)

message 6: by ♥ Beth (new)

♥ Beth I have KMM highlander series on my TBR self and hope to start on them very soon!!

message 7: by Julianna (last edited Feb 25, 2010 10:50AM) (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 671 comments My favorite hunky Highlander of all time is Jamie Fraser from Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series.

I just finished My Lord Jack by Hope Tarr which I enjoyed very much. She has some other Scottish themed romances that I can't wait to try now.

I haven't read any of Julie Garwood's Scottish romances in years, but I do remember liking them a lot. Strangely enough, for really liking all things Scottish, I don't think I've read that many Scottish stories. Looks like I need to get on the ball.:-)

message 8: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Naughty Co-Mod (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1922 comments I really enjoy Highlanders, but not the PNR Highlanders. :(

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 146 comments My Lord Jack was very good.

message 10: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Naughty Co-Mod (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1922 comments The Chief: A Highland Guard Novel by Monica McCarty comes out tomorrow!!!

The Chief A Highland Guard Novel (Highland Guard Novels) by Monica McCarty

message 11: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "The Chief: A Highland Guard Novel by Monica McCarty comes out tomorrow!!!

The Chief A Highland Guard Novel (Highland Guard Novels) by Monica McCarty"

looking forward to it :)

message 12: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "My Lord Jack was very good."

haven't read it but sounds good. I may have to order it :)

message 13: by Nikki ♥ (new)

Nikki ♥ | 2103 comments I'll have to agree with Julie, Jamie is one of my all time favorites.

message 14: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments maybe I'll break down and read it someday.

message 15: by SheLove2Read (new)

SheLove2Read (sherrih95) I think Jamie is the ultimate Highlander from which all others are judged! ;-)

message 16: by Alycia (new)

Alycia I agree with all you Ladies... Jamie is the best!

message 17: by Xia (new)

Xia (xiat) My favorite authors have to be Julie Garwood and Monica McCarty. Both of their books are fantastic.

message 18: by Mey (last edited Aug 19, 2012 12:08AM) (new)

Mey Buentipo (mbuentipo) I loved Julie Garwood, Karen Hawkins and Kresley Cole books. I enjoyed their books. Although one thing I noticed about this books the heroine is so bonnie and have different colour of eyes that change what ever is the mood of the heroine. Does any one knows a book about a Highlander who fell in love to a simple heroine?

message 19: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Are you looking for "plain jane" type books?

message 20: by Ntzee (new)

Ntzee (monchii06) | 8 comments You should check out Maya Banks McCabe Trilogy. I love the second and third book! =)

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ I loooooved Maya Banks "McCabe Trilogy" Ntzee!! Looking forwards to her next Highlander series!

message 22: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments I third Maya Banks' McCabe Trilogy ☺

message 23: by Mey (new)

Mey Buentipo (mbuentipo) I am looking for a heroine that simple in looks. Not a beautiful lass that one look the Highlander goes head over heels. So far of the Highlander books I read the heroine is beautiful and have different color of eyes.

message 24: by Mey (new)

Mey Buentipo (mbuentipo) Thank you. I will look for Maya Banks book. :)

message 25: by Ntzee (new)

Ntzee (monchii06) | 8 comments Dorsey wrote: "I loooooved Maya Banks "McCabe Trilogy" Ntzee!! Looking forwards to her next Highlander series!"

Yes! I am sooo looking forward to her next series too! My sister read someone's review for Maya Banks second highlander series and said that it was really good!!

message 26: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Sherri of A Thousand Books wrote: "I think Jamie is the ultimate Highlander from which all others are judged! ;-)"

100% agree!

message 27: by ❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ (last edited Aug 19, 2012 09:08PM) (new)

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ Ntzee wrote: "Dorsey wrote: "I loooooved Maya Banks "McCabe Trilogy" Ntzee!! Looking forwards to her next Highlander series!"

Yes! I am sooo looking forward to her next series too! My sister read someone's rev..."

I cannot wait!

message 28: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 648 comments Just picked up a trilogy at Goodwill today by an author I've never read before Captured by the Highlander (Highlander Trilogy, #1) by Julianne MacLean Claimed by the Highlander (Highlander Trilogy, #2) by Julianne MacLean Seduced by the Highlander (Highlander Trilogy, #3) by Julianne MacLean . I like me some Scottish/Highland stories every so often :)

message 29: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I like Karen Marie Moning highlanders. Highlanders and paranormal in the same book is definatly my kinda book!