Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4) Breaking Dawn discussion

About Bella

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Wilma The great thing I feel in that book is when Bella realises what part in the world she belongs to, how all the changes finally fits on her and give her peace. Very nice in terms of a person who seeks to fit in the world in general.

♫♥Selena♥♫ i think that Bella is a wimp that gives no justice to females. Bella... Ugh.

Stephanie I'm not a big fan of Bella. :(

Shwetika Stephanie wrote: "I'm not a big fan of Bella. :("

Neither Am I !!!!

Atarah Poling There are some parts of bella I don't really care for but altogether I like her. She may act a lil wimpy here and there but if she's so wimpy and doesn't bring justice to females then how come in breaking dawn she cut herself knowing that it could kill her to keep edward from getting hurt? No. She's no a wimp. I think she's brave in her own way.

SATIN SUE    i like bella in the book, but i didnt like her in the film....i think the choose the wrong person to play bella

Kristen SATIN SUE wrote: "i like bella in the book, but i didnt like her in the film....i think the choose the wrong person to play bella"

Totally agree with that! K. Stewart is not a good Bella at all.

Kristen Bella's not weak.
Maybe she's not a super tough heroine, but she's not supposed to be. She wasn't meant to be Xena. She's supposed to be completely average - like most of us.
And actually she's pretty selfless when it comes to the people she loves.

She might not have been all that bright when it came to falling for Edward - but isn't that pretty common? Aren't there alot of girls in bad relationships b/c they don't really care about the risks and consequences?

SATIN SUE    Kristen wrote: "SATIN SUE wrote: "i like bella in the book, but i didnt like her in the film....i think the choose the wrong person to play bella"

Totally agree with that! K. Stewart is not a good Bella at all."

she couldnt act to save her self, but i dont think any of the actors were really that good

message 10: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Bella in the book is managable. Minus the whole dragging Jacob through the mud thing. Bella in the movie makes me want to scream and pull my hair out. Lol

Kristen Ugh, she's horrible! I had a little hope after watching Speak, but now, having seen her in other things, that's really just her personality. She's the same in every single movie she does - and interviews.

Eh, I liked most of the actors ok. I think most of the problems came in with the directing(at least in the first one) and script.
Like, for Edward, I didn't like R. Pattinson, but I think it was because he had crappy lines. Mostly anyway. He wasn't as good looking or as confident as Edward was supposed to be.

I think they were just looking to make money with it and didn't really do it as well as they could have.

Audrey Atarah wrote: "There are some parts of bella I don't really care for but altogether I like her. She may act a lil wimpy here and there but if she's so wimpy and doesn't bring justice to females then how come in b..."

I am a whimmy girl and I enbrace it!

Atarah Poling That's a good thing Aubrey. Being a wimp isn't a bad thing, not in my opinion. I like Bella. :D I am glad to hear ur proud.. continue being proud

Audrey okay...

♥Glitter in the Air♥   Bella is *sigh* She is suppose to be selfless, as many people have said but I think she hurts every person she loves in the series with her 'selflessness'. I would say she is more of a drama queen. Please don't get me started on her and Edwards relationship I don't know how many times I have heard girls my age and younger say they want a man like Edward. Really? Just the fact it took her what months to even try and move on and not even then really she just found a new boy toy ( Jacob). I found it ridiculous and obnoxious how she acts and have no clue how Edward or Jacob loved her. Personally she deserved Eddie but Jacob was way to good to be stuck with her. Then he falls for a baby..wow. The person who play's Bella in the movie did a wonderful job. Honestly that's exactly how I imagined her. Don't get me wrong I though the books were fair, the movies hilarious ( When they weren't suppose to be) and most the actors pretty decent.

Karen B Look at Bella's parents and then you may be able to understand why she so indecisive and whines so much. She had no strong role model to follow while growing up. She wants desperately to be loved and nurtured therefore has a hard time turning away anyone who offers it to her.

Nicole Shwetika wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "I'm not a big fan of Bella. :("

Neither Am I !!!!"

i totally agree!
she is waaaay to whiny :P

Sierra Bookworm☺️♪ I'm sorry, but I'll always believe Bella's a total wuss and too whiny. I personally think its a bit odd for this perfect guy [Edward] to fall in love with an annoying high school girl just cuz she smells good...

Sierra Bookworm☺️♪ SATIN SUE wrote: "i like bella in the book, but i didnt like her in the film....i think the choose the wrong person to play bella"

i know right! K. Stewart is so emotionless and dull!

Synithia Bella was got on my last nerve until Breaking Dawn. Her lack of self esteem, and the way she wanted to die when Edward left in New Moon, made me want to hurl. In the end I'm glad she found her strength. It's too bad it took becoming a vampire for that to happen.

Kristen That was kind of the point. Because she felt like that was always what she was meant to be and didn't fit in as a human.

Jesla she didnt realy need to be human in the 1st place

Juliet Bella is whiny and gets on my nerves. She does whatever Edward tells her to, and falls completely in love with an absolute stranger for no apparent reason other than hes gorgeous.

Nicole LOL. yeah their love in the book precedes rather fast... in the movie (twilight) they meet each other and then are in total love, all within 15 minutes :P

message 26: by Molly (last edited Jun 22, 2011 02:05PM) (new)

Molly I can honestly say I hate Bella. She's constantly showing how selfish she is by hurting everyone around her. She uses so many people in the series, it makes me kind of sick. This especially bothers me with the way Bella treats her human "friends." She seems more annoyed by them than appreciative. She doesn't like them, and never has anything nice to say about them. The only reason she keeps them around seems to be to keep up appearances. She treats them like dirt.

I really hated the way she treated her parents. Bella acted like she couldn't even stand her mother. She was so reluctant to see her or communicate with her. She was constantly going behind her father's back and stressing him out. Charlie was a pretty good guy and he was a good dad. But the way Bella treated both of her parents was just disgusting for me.

I think the big reason I hate her is because we are told she's all of these wonderful things, but we're never shown any of them. The other characters in the book tell us she's selfless, a martyr, intelligent, brave, loving, etc. but we're never shown it. So I keep expecting her to prove these traits to me, but all I get is bad behavior, selfishness, and stupidity.

It's funny though, because the situation is reversed with my favorite character in the series. We're always being told all these awful things about Leah, but she is a much better character than Bella. She's heart broken and shows that in a realistic way. She isn't cliff diving or acting suicidal, she's bitter and angry. She's a much more tragic character than any of the other ones in the series. To make things worse for her, all the people who are supposed to be her friends and family spend most of their time bashing her and treating her like dirt. They all ignore the fact that she's intelligent, loyal, unselfish, loving, brave, tough, goal oriented, and planning on going somewhere in life. I wanted the book to be about her. She was the only one who had the balls to tell Bella how horribly she was treating Jacob. She was subjected to a kind of torture I couldn't imagine but managed to pull through and get to a healthier place in life. And to top off everything off, she has a plan in life that doesn't include being forced into marriage so she can have sex with a man. I loved this character. Yes she was bitter, shrewish, mean, and down bitchy at times, but at least she had an excellent reason to be.

Juliet Molly wrote: "I can honestly say I hate Bella. She's constantly showing how selfish she is by hurting everyone around her. She uses so many people in the series, it makes me kind of sick. This especially bothers..."

I completely 100% agree

message 28: by Tara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tara I like Bella and Kristen's portrayal - probably because I saw Twilight before reading any of the books. I did get a bit ticked off with her character when she was pregnant as she seemed incredibly selfish but then... she also has a quiet stoicism. Some of the strongest and bravest people I know are the quiet, do what needs to be done without stamping their feet and whinging about it. She was a bit dim about not realising her impact on Jacob but then... young girls do tend to do unwise or unintentioanly hurtful things during their journey toward maturity. Heck, some people NEVER learn.

message 29: by Maja (new) - rated it 1 star

Maja Molly wrote: "I can honestly say I hate Bella. She's constantly showing how selfish she is by hurting everyone around her. She uses so many people in the series, it makes me kind of sick. This especially bothers..."

Amen to that!