VAMPS-R-US discussion

Glass Houses discussions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 100 (100 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments Ok so this for all of us reading this in March to chat away!!

message 2: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (artangel) | 358 comments I've started reading this just now. I will post more as i read each chapter.

message 3: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (artangel) | 358 comments Interesting to say the least. Now onto chapter 2.

message 4: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (artangel) | 358 comments Getting good. Now onto chapter 3. Dang! I am slow on this.

message 5: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (artangel) | 358 comments Halfway through chapter 5. Really good till now. The one good thing that i like about this book is the clarity in the way its narrated.

message 6: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Tiffany (vampoholic) | 3255 comments Mod
It gets better trust me...especially as u get along in the series;)

message 7: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (artangel) | 358 comments Tiffany wrote: "It gets better trust me...especially as u get along in the series;)"

lol! thanks and i sure am loving it!! lol!! i just bought the whole series! lmfao

message 8: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments omg is no one waiting for march... i will be soooooo behind lmfao

message 9: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (artangel) | 358 comments OMG!! I TOTALLY forgot i had to wait till march to read this!! OMG!! lmao

message 10: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments think a few people have started some of the other too *cough cough tiff cough* lmfao.... I will soon catch up!!!

message 11: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (artangel) | 358 comments lolllz!! i am almost over with the Glass House though! lollllz!! want to start with the second book!! lolllz

message 12: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (artangel) | 358 comments gonna start on First Drop of Crimson and Full Moon Rising next all at the same time! lol

message 13: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments NOT UNTIL MARCH THOMAS

message 14: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (artangel) | 358 comments lmfao! ok OKAY!! Miss. Lisa!! lolllllz!! i will wait for march impatiently!! llollzz

message 15: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Tom wrote: "gonna start on First Drop of Crimson and Full Moon Rising next all at the same time! lol"

Ur not gonna b able to read both at the same time...they both r too good. Ur gonna wanna finish whichever 1 u start first;) I suggest First Drop Of Crimson first, cause when u read Full Moon Rising ur gonna wanna read the next 1;)

message 16: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments a bit of saucyness can be addictive tom... we might not hear from you for days hahaha

message 17: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

LMFAO, SO TRUE

message 18: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments tom will get hooked to the smut !!!!! lmfao

message 19: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (artangel) | 358 comments maddi ~*aka ADDI- the cunning VAMPIRE!*~ wrote: "ooh!!! Glass Houses! I knew you guys would love it... TOM, you have to catch up before May and await Kiss of Death with me. Morganville vamps is my favorite series and I'm like dieing waiting for t..."

which one?????? i got the whole set of books with me!!

message 20: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebecca32) | 28 comments This series gets better as you get farther along in series, as they add characters and more complex plots.

message 21: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments oooh you guys are getting me really excited about reading them now!!!! got the first one ready for march!!!

message 22: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments Tiffany wrote: "Tom wrote: "gonna start on First Drop of Crimson and Full Moon Rising next all at the same time! lol"

Ur not gonna b able to read both at the same time...they both r too good. Ur gonna wanna fi..."

I was one of those bad people too and stared with First Drop of Crimson! So far it is amazing, i would start with that one next. BUT as PROMISED LISA.....i will not finish it until March!!!! Books are like Candy and now im looking through the window at my candy and cant touch it......grrrrrrr! lol

message 23: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

LMFAO, yeah, good luck with that 1 Rayna;)

message 24: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments you two are bad BAD people.... lmfao.... how are you doing rayna... still holding off finishng it? lmfao

message 25: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

ME 2!!! I am in love with Myrnin!!!!!!!!!

message 26: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Yeah, i like him too, but, myrnin myrnin myrnin.....lmfao

message 27: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

lmfao

message 28: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Fairchild (edstweety) | 38 comments OMG!! I REALLY loved this book! It's my favorite so far...I swear the books just get better and better. You Mods (and the voters) did a terrific job of choosing! I'm going to go broke buying more books in the different series!

Even though there wasn't any sex (and that's REALLY okay...SOMEtimes! LOL!) this was just a terrific book. Well written, hard to put down and makes sense for the most part. One of my major beefs with SO many books is there isn't what they call 'continuity' in movies. Things happen that don't fit with other things that happened...or that don't make sense in view of other things that have happened in the book. It's a minor thing but to me that shows the difference between a well written (and well edited) book and a not so great one. This book was just tooo much fun! Can't wait to read more of them! Thanks for yet another GREAT read!!

message 29: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Fairchild (edstweety) | 38 comments Oh goody! Once I finish Evernight I'll probably go to those next....I'm dying to know what happens!

message 30: by Robin (new)

Robin Deanna E. wrote: "Oh goody! Once I finish Evernight I'll probably go to those next....I'm dying to know what happens!"
what book are you talking about.... very Interested

message 31: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Fairchild (edstweety) | 38 comments Glass Houses....one of the March Reading Challenge books

message 32: by Creature (new)

Creature | 124 comments I think I'll check it out as well.
The "Creature"

message 33: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments I have finished Glass Houses as well and it was a good book. Easy read that i plunked off in one day. The characters were well developed, however there are more characters i don't like than do! Maybe Caine is setting them up for something better in the books to follow, my opinion of them might change. All in all a good easy read in which i have now ordered all the others in the series! Way to Go.....i need to buy new book shelves...lol

message 34: by Deanna (last edited Mar 07, 2010 08:39PM) (new)

Deanna Fairchild (edstweety) | 38 comments You should get a Nook or a Kindle!! Saves LOTS of space!!!

(must learn to ck posts before posting! Typo due to dang 'fill-in' on phone!!)

message 35: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments Lisa /isa VAMPIRE:) likes hitting IRAN with a pan wrote: "you two are bad BAD people.... lmfao.... how are you doing rayna... still holding off finishng it? lmfao"

I waited until the first! 12:01 to be exact....lmfao

message 36: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments Deanna E. wrote: "Oh goody! Once I finish Evernight I'll probably go to those next....I'm dying to know what happens!"

after evernight i had to read stargazer before i could get onto my next challenge books! thats the one thing i hate about series books.....i cant put them down until the serries is either done or the next book comes out! its a curse!

message 37: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments Deanna E. wrote: "You should get a Nook or a Kindle!! Saves LITS of space!"

one day....its on my wish list however i do like the feel of a good book in my hands!

message 38: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Fairchild (edstweety) | 38 comments Lol! It has taken me being disciplined to keep reading the challenge books but so far I've only started one other 'outside' book. Only one more challenge book to go!

message 39: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments Angela wrote: "Rayna wrote: "I have finished Glass Houses as well and it was a good book. Easy read that i plunked off in one day. The characters were well developed, however there are more characters i don't l..."

im just starting the second and i REALLY like Shane too! and if he gets to be even a better character im excited!

message 40: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments Deanna E. wrote: "Lol! It has taken me being disciplined to keep reading the challenge books but so far I've only started one other 'outside' book. Only one more challenge book to go!"

i have 2 left for the challenge and i have read all the series that go with the ones too! what can i say, one track mind, once i start something i have to finish it!

message 41: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Deanna E. wrote: "OMG!! I REALLY loved this book! It's my favorite so far...I swear the books just get better and better. You Mods (and the voters) did a terrific job of choosing! I'm going to go broke buying m..."

;) The series just keeps getting better as u go along...

message 42: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2) by Rachel Caine Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3) by Rachel Caine Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4) by Rachel Caine Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5) by Rachel Caine Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6) by Rachel Caine Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7) by Rachel Caine Kiss Of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8) by Rachel Caine ...May 4th

One of very few series i love even though there is no REAL sex, it def makes up for in storyline!!! And if u love Shane, just wait til u meet Myrnin;)

message 43: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Fairchild (edstweety) | 38 comments You are such a tease Tiffany!

message 44: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

lmfao, I CAN'T HELP IT!!! Which book r u on now?

message 45: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Fairchild (edstweety) | 38 comments Evernight, about 200 pages in so should finish tomorrow!

message 46: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments well im on book 3, read one and two yesterday....i have to run to the store though because i downloaded 1-4 and the way im plunking them off im gunna finish this series before the weeks out!

Im loving Shane even more, and the other characters are growing on me! Havent run across Myrnin -human or vamp?

message 47: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (artangel) | 358 comments KEWWWWWWWWLLL!! i finished the first and i am currently munching through the rest of the march reading challenge books!! :) Toms AWESOME Smileys!! sucky peeps can't see this!! lmfao Toms AWESOME Smileys!! sucky peeps can't see this!! lmfao Toms AWESOME Smileys!! sucky peeps can't see this!! lmfao Toms AWESOME Smileys!! sucky peeps can't see this!! lmfao Toms AWESOME Smileys!! sucky peeps can't see this!! lmfao Toms AWESOME Smileys!! sucky peeps can't see this!! lmfao

message 48: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments Im also starting Succubus Blues Today and then only one left! Left Full Moon Rising which is another series im gunna have to finish! THese challenges, maybe we should pick stand alones or ones with only a couple books after it....lmao

message 49: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (artangel) | 358 comments Rayna wrote: "Im also starting Succubus Blues Today and then only one left! Left Full Moon Rising which is another series im gunna have to finish! THese challenges, maybe we should pick stand alones or ones wi..."

lolllz!! true true!! but Tiff always selects ones that have like almost 10 books after the first one!! lmfao

message 50: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments Sounds just like her....lmao!

Secretly i love it! Tiff and I have the same tastes in books, is all good! :)

« previous 1