Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Olympics

Comments Showing 1-50 of 72 (72 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Carla (new)

Carla Capshaw (carlacapshaw) | 987 comments Mod
Is anyone else watching?

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylstjohn) | 222 comments Every spare moment that I'm not writing. Finally! The women skate!

message 3: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylstjohn) | 222 comments p.s. I posted a new picture of Elli

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments OHNO!!! :D Figure skating is great to watch too.

message 5: by Carla (new)

LOL I love the Olympics. Ohno *is* awesome. I love the figure skating, half pipe, moguls (spelling?) and skiing. Go USA (and Australia ;-)

message 6: by Carla (new)

Where's the pic?

message 7: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylstjohn) | 222 comments In the photos - right hand top corner

message 8: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Yep I am loving watching the aussie girl got 18 so gets to skate in the long program. I have it on tape to watch.
I am enjoying most sports although ice hockey is alien to me. but the ski cross, snow board cross and arials etc are so cool.

message 9: by Carla (new)

Oh my goodness, I can't believe I forgot hockey. That's my FAV! I seriously don't think I can watch when USA plays Canada again. My heart can't take it. lol

Don't worry that it's foreign, Jenny. Cricket is like that for me. ;-)

Hugs!

message 10: by Heidi (last edited Feb 23, 2010 10:45PM) (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Cheryl St.John wrote: "Every spare moment that I'm not writing. Finally! The women skate!"

I haven't seen much, but I don't miss the women's figure skating. That's my absolute favorite sport year round, and especially during the Olympics! :)

message 11: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylstjohn) | 222 comments Me too, and the women are my favorites. I like the men all right - but I endure the ice dancing.

message 12: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments the russian pair in the dance annoyed me there dance that was suppose to be based on Australian Aboriginal dance has caused so much talkback. Alot of people have been offended by the dance and costumes as its nothing like traditional aboriginal dance etc.
Im looking forward to the womens arials tomorrow.

message 13: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 80 comments The Russian pair should have changed their costumes or something. They knew it was offensive after the World competition.

I don't like the dance as much as the regular skating - but it is still very pretty, and I enjoyed seeing so many different country/folk dances. That was fun.

We've enjoyed the speed skating, short track, most of the skiing (the long distance and the one with the shooting doesn't really capture our attention as much), and we actually have become fans of the snowboarding too. Bobsledding... Skeleton was a new one we watched just this year. That is crazy.

I guess we watch most of them. We're not big hockey fans, but we did watch when the US played.

We get caught up in the stories of all the athletes and it's also hard not to want to support them (and your own team) because you know they've worked so hard to get there and they do such an excellent job. They really are the best of the best.

message 14: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylstjohn) | 222 comments And how about curling? What do those girls wear, Heelies? They squat and slide in a perfectly straight line.

Hmm, I'll bet I could do pretty well at that - if it was a Wii game. LOL

message 15: by Cheryl (last edited Feb 24, 2010 07:23AM) (new)

Cheryl (cherylstjohn) | 222 comments FYI - we have the Wii Olympics at my house on Sunday afternoons with the kids here.

message 16: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments I have been watching it lately. Love to watch figure skating.

message 17: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments I also love watching the olympics. Figure skating is excellent! I find most of the competitions interesting.

message 18: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments I have been watching it as much as I can. It was emotional watching the opening ceremony and hearing Salt Lake City 2002. I was thinking oh yeah, go my state. lol
Luckily watching kids for the past 9 days was okay, for they love watching them too! :) We get super excited about USA and lost our voice once screaming GO USA! at the TV! It was awesome, like we could make a difference or something.
I love all the ice skating, I was thrilled when USA got gold in men's.
Snow stuff is my favorite, aerials are sweet, and I love the halfpipe snowboarding. :)

message 19: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Cheryl St.John wrote: "And how about curling? What do those girls wear, Heelies? They squat and slide in a perfectly straight line.

Hmm, I'll bet I could do pretty well at that - if it was a Wii game. LOL"

Hey Cheryl it is on a Wii game.

message 20: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments I enjoyed the skeleton we have 2 girls in it. The Aussies had a horrendous bobsleigh run with turning upside down and now cant compete in the 4 man as one of the men got concussion.

message 21: by Patsy (new)

Patsy | 217 comments I am watching the Olympics as often as I can. I really enjoy watching them-don't know why since I can't do any of that stuff. I find myself wanting a certain person when I don't even know them! haha.

message 22: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Carla wrote: "Oh my goodness, I can't believe I forgot hockey. That's my FAV! I seriously don't think I can watch when USA plays Canada again. My heart can't take it. lol

Don't worry that it's foreign, Je..."

No kidding! Today was enough of a heart attack when they played the swiss(i think)

message 23: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Cheryl St.John wrote: "FYI - we have the Wii Olympics at my house on Sunday afternoons with the kids here."

I've got that too! It's so fun!

message 24: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Oh so if I say im going for Canada do I get hit?

the poor british girls just went down the bobsleigh in an aweful way I do feel for them

message 25: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Ausjenny wrote: "Oh so if I say im going for Canada do I get hit?

the poor british girls just went down the bobsleigh in an aweful way I do feel for them"

SHHHHH Canada isn't a nice word! lol...jk. I'm not that into hockey, but it's fun to watch around the olympics. I don't think I could do bobsledding and slaom and whatnot...too afraid i would run into things and crash and hurt myself. Amazes me how people can do flips and twist in mid hair...Sean White is nuts! But, he's so good at snowboarding.

message 26: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Torah bright is good too seems she had a migraine when she was competing

just here the aussie won a gold in the aerials now you are looking a country known for its sunshine so this is so exciting.

message 27: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Oh my the german women really crashed in the bobsleigh its hard to watch the breakwoman was flung out of the sleigh

message 28: by Melody (last edited Feb 24, 2010 11:51PM) (new)

Melody | 2493 comments I usually cheer for Canada when USA is out of the competition. But if we're in it, have to stick with my country! I am patriotic to the core! :)

message 29: by Carla (new)

Melody wrote: "I usually cheer for Canada when USA is out of the competition. But if we're in it, have to stick with my country! I am patriotic to the core! :)"

***Me too, Melody. I cry every time I hear our (USA) anthem. lol

I missed bobsledding yesterday. I sure hope those girls are all right!

message 30: by Carla (new)

Jennifer wrote: "Ausjenny wrote: "Oh so if I say im going for Canada do I get hit?

the poor british girls just went down the bobsleigh in an aweful way I do feel for them"

SHHHHH Canada isn't a nice word! lol..."

***I totally agree that Sean White is nuts, but he sure is fun to watch on the half pipe. lol

message 31: by Julie (new)

Julie | 40 comments H-O-C-K-E-Y all the way!!!! Men and womens!

I have a new appreciation for curling too. Very interesting sport. I'm going to see if there is a team or league in my area and try to learn to play it. Who knows, maybe you'll see me on a podium in 4 years. LOL

message 32: by Carla (new)

Julie, I totally agree about curling. It's strangely addictive. I don't seek it out yet, but I happen across a match on TV I find myself staying tuned-in. LOL

message 33: by Melody (last edited Feb 25, 2010 11:40AM) (new)

Melody | 2493 comments I love hearing the National Anthem. That's why I love it when USA gets gold! :) It brings me to tears often too. I put my hand on my heart, and sing along, it's my favorite part of the Olympics!

message 34: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Carla wrote: "Julie, I totally agree about curling. It's strangely addictive. I don't seek it out yet, but I happen across a match on TV I find myself staying tuned-in. LOL"

Carla I agree its unique.
I love my anthem too! cant wait to hear it day when our girl gets her medal.

message 35: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylstjohn) | 222 comments It is?? I've got to get that!

message 36: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylstjohn) | 222 comments Women's free skate tonight! Whoo hoo!

message 37: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Yes so cool love the skating.

yes they showed them using the wii and doing curling and bobsleigh lets say it was really funny

message 38: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments Cheryl St.John wrote: "Women's free skate tonight! Whoo hoo!"

I love it too!

message 39: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Julie wrote: "H-O-C-K-E-Y all the way!!!! Men and womens!

I have a new appreciation for curling too. Very interesting sport. I'm going to see if there is a team or league in my area and try to learn to play it..."

lol...yes, i know you love it!

message 40: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Cheryl St.John wrote: "Women's free skate tonight! Whoo hoo!"

Oh goody! I've hardly seen any skating cause I've had tons of test and projects due this month....why the profs didn't consider the olympics when they gave it all to us, I have no idea! LOL

message 41: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Melody wrote: "I love hearing the National Anthem. That's why I love it when USA gets gold! :) It brings me to tears often too. I put my hand on my heart, and sing along, it's my favorite part of the Olympics!"

I'm with ya on that!

message 42: by Trinh (new)

Trinh Ha (cnowlite) | 1 comments So happy korea Yuna won! I cried a bit.

message 43: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments are all the americans in mourning? its so quiet im so sorry but i have to say GO CANADA great game by the ladies.
now its GO CANADA in the mens hockey.

Now onto bobsleigh boy its that a bad sport.
Ok If i say I am going to go bobsleighing call our the white coats cos me going mad is the only way you would get me in a bobsleigh
besides the one at whistler thats not moving. must post the photo right (doing now)

message 44: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments bobsledding didn't go so well for the Americans! Glad they all came out unharmed.

message 45: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments the course was sure a tough one.

message 46: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments yup, i don't know how they do it anyway!

message 47: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 80 comments I'm a little behind because we record it - so I had to check the news to see what we would be mourning about. I don't think we're doing too badly. I think the men's USA team is going to wipe up the ice with CANADA lol :o) Just kidding. I think it'll be a good game. We did do well against them the first time.

Didn't the Americans get bronze in the Bobsled? That's not too bad considering it has been dominated by the Europeans and Canada. I think we did a pretty good job. Now, that is just what I heard on the commentary (that the Germans, Russians & Canadians were favored to win) so I thought our women placing on the medal stand was a good thing. :o)

I know the men didn't fare as well. There were some scary crashes for both the men and the ladies.

message 48: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Im not sure about the bobsled just that lots crashed.
I know my aussie men crashed bad in the 2 man and couldn't get into the 4 man cos one was still concussed.
I have to say I like curling its different. its quite fun. loved the skating.

message 49: by Patsy (new)

Patsy | 217 comments I hated to see that Applo Ohno got disqualifed in one of his races last night. I wanted him to get another medal. He did get bronze in the relay though.

message 50: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Ausjenny wrote: "Im not sure about the bobsled just that lots crashed.
I know my aussie men crashed bad in the 2 man and couldn't get into the 4 man cos one was still concussed.
I have to say I like curling its dif..."

yep

« previous 1