Delirity discussion

Author N-P > Her Fearful Symmetry A. Niffenegger

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Sep 11, 2010 12:15AM) (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger

message 2: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I read this one and when I got to the end I was like "This is it!!" I was very disappointed with the ending. I also thought the book was super slow. For me it took until about 1/3 of the way through to get interesting. I did think the twins were very weird, too close for it to be in any way healthy. Robert for me was just a yes man, he seemed to have no original thoughts of his own and followed others around. The most interesting person was Martin and only because of his OCD.

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (delirity) Wahoo! My book is ready to be picked up at the library. Just in time! Very good... especially considering I'm still like 20 on the holds list for Shiver from last month :)

message 4: by Heather (new)

Don't worry, I'll leave Shiver up so you can respond to it later. I had 8 come in this week. (4 of which have been on the list for 3 months now.) The other 4 were borrowed from a library in Lexington, KY. Is it bad that they had to go out of state to find a library with a popular PR book?

message 5: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (delirity) At least you got the books! Kind of strange they didn't have them, but maybe those books just aren't as popular in your area.

I actually reserve books at the library in my county and the one we used to live in since my library serves a lot more people... a 30 minute drive often gets me a book much faster! :)

message 6: by Nicole (last edited Mar 03, 2010 07:23PM) (new)

Nicole (delirity) I finished Part 1 of the book yesterday. I'm really enjoying the book so far. Other than plot, I find myself really enjoying the various names in the book - Elspeth, Valentina, Marjike,...

I'm still wondering what disease Elspeth had - I don't think they've clearly said yet (and maybe it isn't relevant), but perhaps I missed it?

message 7: by Heather (new)

I think the book is visually beautiful.

****Spoiler****(p.30)
I feel horrible for Robert. I kept thinking about how I would handle it if it were my husband. I don't want to get all dark, but I think it helps me realize that I shouldn't take him for granted now.

message 8: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (delirity) So I finished this book a little while ago, but never posted more about it. I really loved it. I love how it was handled as a ghost story. I really enjoyed the dynamics between all the characters. I love how Audrey Niffenegger's books always feel full of beauty an elegance. I think it must be in part due to the richness of the characters.

message 9: by Heather (new)

I can't seem to finish it. I keep picking it up and reading a page or two and then getting distracted. I was like this with Time Traveler's too. Once I can get 50 pages in I'm good, but it takes me months to get 50 pages in.

message 10: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Heather that was how I read it. I kept forcing myself to read. If you don't finish you really aren't missing anything.

message 11: by Jami (new)

Jami (gurugoodwin) | 53 comments I actually got this book from a friend, because we had to discuss it. It's just one of those weird books that leaves you asking questions. I did enjoy it, but the ending left me angry.