The Beatles discussion

Mantras and other spiritual type stuff

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I have recently become interested in cleansing the soul, by means of meditation and mantras and things. Geroge Harrison was interested in these types of things, and that is where I heard of them. Does anybody meditate/chant/anything? I also have been thinking about religion (pretty deep stuff for a 13 year old, because everybody seems very touchy on the subject.) I think that it doesn't matter which god you pray to, or chant to, or whatever, because I think that Buddha and Krishna and Jesus Christ and everybody else are all the same person. Geroge believed that, too. What are your thoughts on this? Does anybody know of any books or anything where I could learn meditation and other Mantras? (I myself like the sound of the Hare Krishna Mantra, and I need to read up on it now.) Does anybody else even think this sounds like a good IDEA?

Love (#1 BEATLES FAN IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE) (Pauls1fan) | 206 comments I agree with you :)

My dad and I used to do meditation and chanting every morning (maybe... 2 years ago... or 3)
partly because he did/does it every morning for many many years and wanted to show me its benifits. :)

The other reason was because I had asma or however u spell it lol and my dad thought that maybe it would make it go away... and guess what! He was right! i dont have it anymore!

I think that meditation is great, especially if you are trying to fall asleep but you cant because maybe you have a song stuck in your head or are thinking too many thoughts and want to stop but you cant... lol... it really calms me down.

Also, if you are nervous about say, a performance of something I do kindof a meditation thingy.

Of course, this is coming from me who barely does meditation :D

What i do:

I close my eye and count my breath, and every time I get to 10 I start over. If I lose track I just simply start over (trust me... i tend to start over quite a lot :P)

So yeah! I really like this descussion idea Duckie! :)

PS I MISSED THE BEATLES GROUP SOOOO MUCH OVER THE PAST WEEKS! :)
Its nice to be back!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

we missed u!

Love (#1 BEATLES FAN IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE) (Pauls1fan) | 206 comments Aww thanks :)))

I missed you guyys too!!!