10,000 Pages in 2010 discussion
Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new) post a comment »
date newest »
message 2: by Jimmy (new)
I read the title story In Dreams Begin Responsibilities. I loved it! Tell me if the other stories are as good!
message 3: by dimwig (new)
Yeah, the title story is fantastic. The others ones I've read so far are really different, much more conventional narratives. But they're really good too, I'm really enjoying them. Reminding me of 80s Woody Allen. But that might be because they're about NYC Jewish intellectuals.
1. 1/16: Down and Out in Paris and London by George Orwell. 190.
2. 2/4: Don Quixote: Part One by Miguel de Cervantes, trans. Edith Grossman. 449.
3. 2/10: The Moviegoer by Walker Percy. 240.
4. 2/17: The Pilgrim Hawk: A Love Story by Glenway Wescott. 108.
5. 2/21: An Episode in the Life of a Landscape Painter by César Aíra. 87.
I'm reading a lot of short stories now. Got Flannery O'Connor's Complete Stories, Delmore Schwartz's In Dreams Begin Responsibilities and a book with stories by Jean Stafford, John Cheever, Daniel Fuchs and William Maxwell on the go.