The Graveyard Book The Graveyard Book discussion

graveyard book

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deb (new)

Deb Morton I liked this book; I thought the plot was clever and I thought the illustrations were great.

Gokce G I just recently read this one and I'm just glad I didn't postpone it any longer. I liked it very much, it was so much more than a childrens' book.

message 3: by Deb (new)

Deb Morton Yes, it sure is more than a children's book. I also liked, Coraline, by Gaiman. That book is truly spooky!

Gokce G I have Coraline on my TBR shelf and hopefully will read it soon, I just have to wait until I get my hands on a library copy!

I haven't read but watched the movie of Stardust, it is now one of my all time favourite movies, it was very sweet. But I really want to read the book too.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

For me, this is the best book Neil Gaiman has ever made. It is very enjoyable, and the ending was kind of sad.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

my friend gave this to me to read
i loved it! so not a kids book haha would have terrified me as a youngin!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

im reading his neverwhere now he really is just an amazing writter

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

This book hardly terrified me. But his other book 'Coraline' really scared me.

Mattie I loved this book, It may not have scared me but it was sure as hell gave me the chills!!!! the author was also really good

Valerie Love, love loved the book!!!!!! It was hauntingly good, written in an awesome style!!!
... but not scary

Sarah  Patton I didn't think this book was scary- just really dark. I listened to the audiobook, which Neil Gaiman actually reads. Very good!

Alessandra I love that it's a take on "The Jungle Book."

Lindsay Nichols Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ wrote: "I have Coraline on my TBR shelf and hopefully will read it soon, I just have to wait until I get my hands on a library copy!

I haven't read but watched the movie of Stardust, it is now one of my a..."

Coraline is totally worth owing...it's a great book and a great movie!

And Stardust is wonderful too. It's available in both novel and graphic novel form.

Robyn McIntyre Someone mentioned to me that they didn't like Gaiman's endings - they went on too long. But I feel that when you are really invested in a character and their world, stopping when the action stops can be hard on your audience. For example, the epilogue in Harry Potter 7 - all we learned about Harry's future was that he married Ginny and had a child. For me, that was so disappointing. Gaiman doesn't give you a tight, neat end. But he lets you dream that the character and the world continue in some way from the point at which the main action ends. It may be a little sad to say goodbye, but it doesn't feel like it's forever.

Ezequiel Talavera Melanie wrote: "im reading his neverwhere now he really is just an amazing writter"

Well I know that the Graveyard Book was not scary, but Caroline is not scary at frieken all.

Kathryn not scary at all but great book hes a really good writer