SDMB - Straight Dope discussion

Did ya'll know about the giveaways?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pam (new)

Pam | 87 comments The feature isn't easy to find. Click "Explore", then click "Books", and you'll see a tab (top right) for "Giveaways". I haven't entered very many, but I did get a free copy of "Genghis", and it was pretty good. But shhhhhh . . . don't spread it around, or the odds will go down that we'll win a book. :-)

message 2: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Collins (jamie_goodreads) | 76 comments I've seen people make comments about giveaways, but I didn't realize how to go about signing up for them. Thanks - I'll look through the list to see if there are any I'd be interested in.

message 3: by bup (new)

bup Huh.

message 4: by Pam (new)

Pam | 87 comments Jamie, I think I signed up for about ten. I was tickled to see an arc of Desert Spear, the sequel to The Painted Man, a fantasy that I liked quite a bit. I didn't bother to enter unless there were a lot of copies available.

message 5: by Dani (new)

Dani (kakwik) | 48 comments LibraryThing also has a group for giveaways/ARCs. I've received quite a few from them.

message 6: by Ryl (new)

Ryl (rylf) | 29 comments I got a hardbound copy of Mary Oliver's newest book that way. She's my favorite living poet. I was most pleased.

message 7: by bup (new)

bup Hey - I just won a book! YA, but sounds interesting. Ostrich Boys - some kids take some person's ashes on a road trip.

message 8: by Dung Beetle (new)

Dung Beetle (dungbeetle) Cool! I hope I get Joe Hill's Horns. I'm reading it now and thinking I may have to start buying his stuff.

message 9: by Pam (last edited Mar 01, 2010 06:40AM) (new)

Pam | 87 comments Is Horns your first Hill?

Congrats to bup!

message 10: by Dung Beetle (new)

Dung Beetle (dungbeetle) No, but I think it's his best so far.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Just reviewed my first. Here's hoping for more!