Debate discussion

Other Debates > Steve Irwin, Good or Bad,

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) Some people think Steve hurt the animals and was crazy, but he was not, he was a GREAT man, he is my idol. He dedicated nearly all of his life for animals! I was so sad when he died!

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) What do you guys think?

message 3: by Dan (last edited Feb 22, 2010 02:06PM) (new)

Dan Well this is certainly a timely discussion. ;)

I'm conflicted about people like Steve Irwin. On the one hand, anything that gets people interested in animals, the environment, conservation, etc. is a good thing. But on the other hand, there's a point where the balance of science and theater gets tipped too much. Steve Irwin, and others like him, would go out of his way to antagonize animals. His show became more about him and the crazy stunts he'd pull than it was about nature. The message that we should respect nature gets lost in the spectacle of Steve Irwin wrestling a snake or taunting crocodiles.

Steve Irwin may have done his greatest service by dying, and therefore teaching us that acting like Steve Irwin is not exactly the best way to appreciate nature.

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) Well he saved the animal and he had to do it to get them healthy or to save them, and I think it's the other way...wrestiling crocs and taunting snakes...

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) Steve Irwin never hurt animals... I agree with Lol Naurto Rocks(even though its a pisspoor anime :P)

He was a great advocate for wildlife restoration and you know he's inpired people like Donal Schultz.