Jodi Picoult fans discussion

Books to movies-may include plot spoilers

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What JP books were made to movies? How did u like the book vs movie? Did u read first, then watch, or the other way around?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Is "House Rules" going to be a movie?

message 3: by Tasha (new)

Tasha (tashafitz) I don't know about House Rules, but My Sister's Keeper was made into a movie (obviously) but did you watch it? I watched it after I read the book and the ending is different, I was soo dissapointed, because I liked the book's ending much better.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Ah, yes. Now I recall watching my sister's keeper slightly. About all I recall is that I, too, was disappointed at a different ending.

message 5: by ♥Gracie♥ (new)

♥Gracie♥ | 6 comments I watched My Sister's Keeper at a friend's house the other day, it wasn't that bad. I DID read the book before the movie, and I have to say I enjoyed the book's ending more. Which is weird, because I prefer Anna over Kate.

message 6: by Alisha (new)

Alisha Tenden (tendenator) | 2 comments I read the book before I watched the movie. I cried for a half hour before the ending in anticipation of the book ending and was very shocked to see a difference. Also I did not like Camron Diaz as the mother. She was not the person I had pictured when I was reading. But that may jsut be me and my imagination

message 7: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 10 comments I watched My Sister's Keeper and was very disappointed in the ending. I also hope they make House Rules into a movie as this is my favorite Picoult book.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Any other Jodi Picoult books to movies that you know of?

message 9: by Donjeta (new)

Donjeta | 2 comments The Pact has been made into a movie and so has Plain Truth. I think they are both Lifetime movies but I'm not 100% sure.

message 10: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Osborne | 3 comments Tenth Circle has also been made into a movie. I haven't watched My Sister's Keeper yet, but heard I won't like the end. I was also disappointed in the other movies. All of her books are so well written, I just can't beleive a director would take that away from her with a poorly made movie version.

message 11: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 10 comments Dawn, I couldn't agree with you more! I saw My sister's Keeper and was thoroughly disappointed in the ending. However, I've heard this is common in Hollywood. I don't necessarily like it, but that's the way Hollywood works...

message 12: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Osborne | 3 comments You are right, I have noticed it in Nicolas Sparks books made into movies and One For the Money, and Lovely Bones. I think the others are closer to the books then Jodi's.

message 13: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (winterslullaby) | 3 comments I saw the pact on lifetime and couldn't make it through it, the acting was so cheesy but I loved the book, I cried in my sisters keeper in the movie but I absolutely bawled when I read the book first.

message 14: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2 comments I saw the movie of My Sister's Keeper a long time ago, and I only read the book recently. I'm going to watch the movie again sometime soon, because I really can't remember the ending of the movie!

I also saw Plain Truth in movie and really liked it, but I haven't gotten around to reading the book yet.

It would be so great if they made Nineteen Minutes into a movie. I saw a movie about a school shooting a while ago and really didn't enjoy it, because I kept comparing it to Nineteen Minutes... The plot wasn't nearly as good as Jodi's book.