Challenge: 50 Books discussion

2010 > Mrs. J--50 books in 2010!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M.K. (new)

M.K. (mkjorgenson) Well, so far this year I'll admit I haven't read much in the way of substance, but I was recovering from a long string of classics, see. I'll be on better track very soon. Until then, so far this year we have...

1. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas

2. Take Two by Karen Kingsbury

3. Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler

4. America's Cheapest Family by Steve and Annette Economides

5. Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

It's these darn Olympics--too hard to read anything serious between lugers and over commercials!

message 2: by M.K. (new)

M.K. (mkjorgenson) 6. Passionate Housewives Desperate for God by Jennie Chancey and Stacy McDonald

message 3: by VWrulesChick (new)

VWrulesChick | 351 comments I know what you mean, the Olympics are very interesting and seeing all the sports with all very talented athletes.

Good luck (as it will be over this Sunday, what will I do with all this free time? oh yes, read!)

:)

message 4: by M.K. (new)

M.K. (mkjorgenson) 7. The Apothecary's Daughter by Julie Klassen

message 5: by M.K. (new)

M.K. (mkjorgenson) 8. Mortgage-Free! by Rob Roy

message 6: by M.K. (new)

M.K. (mkjorgenson) 9. Diaper Free by Ingrid Bauer

Looks like I might be going crazy: I'm only 5 months pregnant and already making potty plans for my wee (pun intended) one!

message 7: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1350 comments Be careful. My sister-in-law read that your child will let you know when they're ready, and I think she interpreted that to mean my nephew tugging on her pant leg and saying "Mother, I'm ready to be toilet trained." FOUR! He was FOUR before he was out.

message 8: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1350 comments P.S. Congratulations!!

message 9: by M.K. (new)

M.K. (mkjorgenson) Donna wrote: "Be careful. My sister-in-law read that your child will let you know when they're ready, and I think she interpreted that to mean my nephew tugging on her pant leg and saying "Mother, I'm ready to b..."

Thanks for the tip! The book was actually about helping your baby use the potty from a very early age rather than waiting really long, the idea being that babies really don't like to sit in their own waste, which I can imagine. Yeah...I had a cousin I used to nanny who just turned five and is only *now* potty trained!

message 10: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1350 comments Gack!