A History of Royals discussion

General > Tudor Travel

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tisha (new)

Tisha | 39 comments I couldn't find a thread that fit, so I thought I would create one.

In approximately one week, I head to Europe for a 3 week vacation. I have about 6 days in England (between London and Yorkshire) and intend to visit both Windsor Castle and Hampton Court during one of the London days. Does anybody know if this is possible to do in one day? Neither are that far apart.

Advice?

message 2: by Aly (new)

Aly (Alygator) | 174 comments I took an entire day for Hampton Court. It's pretty easy to do so. But if you just want to see the Tudor basics at Hampton, it's pretty short (the rest of Hampton Court was remodeled by Christopher Wren for William and Mary).

I hope you are going to the Tower of London?! I took a whole day there too. My boyfriend got really bored with me LOL

message 3: by Tisha (new)

Tisha | 39 comments Oh yeah, Tower of London is definitely on the list! :) I've already told my travel buddies that I do not expect them to participate, but they should know I will absolutely be going to all those places. They were interested too and want to join. :)

message 4: by Aly (new)

Aly (Alygator) | 174 comments Hurray!!!!! The Tower is sooooo cool!!!

message 5: by Colleen, The Enforcer/Mod #2 (last edited Mar 01, 2010 10:06PM) (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) | 345 comments Mod
Tisha, I am insane with jealousy! I have been wanting to do a Europe vacay for so long! Tudor sites is definitely on the list, I will prolly spend a minimum of a week In England alone to see as much Tudor related as I can

message 6: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarb-ken) | 7 comments Tisha wrote: "I couldn't find a thread that fit, so I thought I would create one.

In approximately one week, I head to Europe for a 3 week vacation. I have about 6 days in England (between London and Yorkshi..."

It would be a pity. Windsor is certainly worth at least an entire day--both the Palace and the town.

Hampton Court is a good half day. Also try to see the museum of where Churchill spent the war--it's up the Mall from Buckingham Palace near the Wat Museum.

Then make plans to go back 10 more times.

Have a wonderful time.

message 7: by Jon (new)

Jon | 6 comments hmm.. i think i might have missed your departure but both of those in one day is a stretch, you might be able fit Hampton court and ham house in one day. Hams what they made the exterior of Kensington Palace for the Young Victoria - its Jacobean, i used to be able to walk to both palaces from my house! opposite directions though

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 227 comments Have not visited Windsor, but Hampton Court is definitely at least half a day. The Tower is not a short tour, either.

message 9: by Aly (new)

Aly (Alygator) | 174 comments I didn't visit Windsor either. I really wanted to, but I spent too long at the Tower and Hampton Court (both took me a day a piece!)