COOKIES! discussion

General > Recipes from fiction books?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Diane ~Firefly~ | 19 comments Not sure on the legalities, but can we post recipes we've tried from fiction books? I've made a couple from JoAnne Fluke's mysteries and have been curious if anyone recommends recipes from different stories. I won't post a recipe until I get an ok from a moderator though. :)

message 2: by Merry (new)

Merry (m75248) hum...that would be interesting to know....guess you could always add a dash of salt and call it your own!

Diane ~Firefly~ | 19 comments True, but I guess we could just mention the recipe name, book title and what we did or didn't like about it. That should work I would think.

message 4: by Merry (new)

Merry (m75248) Hopefully our moderators will have more information... :)

message 5: by Kim, Cookie Master (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 530 comments Mod
I don't see why not, as long as you give credit to where you got it from, which I have done when I posted one or two recipes I did not create. I too have made a lot of Jo Flukes recipe,and have had great sucess.

I write my recipes and ones I want to try from books on a legal pad. That way, I can make notes, like when I made it, how it went,and what, if anything I want/ned to change.

message 6: by Merry (new)

Merry (m75248) Good idea Kim, I am not great at cooking, so many times I create the recipe and it does not work for me, I have to always tweek, so a rewrite is the best way to go....

message 7: by Kim, Cookie Master (new)

I just wrote 3 new cookie recipes yesterday, and now I will have to, real hardship here, test them. I know my boyfriend, and the library will be thrilled to taste them for me.

I will post them when I test them.

message 8: by Merry (new)

Merry (m75248) My son is going to France with his French class over spring break, leaving this Friday ( they are juniors in high school) I am baking them cookies tomorrow as a surprise - regular ole sugar cookies...but here is the catch....I have an Eiffel Tower cookie cutter!!!! OH YEAH - is that so cool!
I can't wait to see their faces! Bon Appetite!
Kim - have fun testing! :)

message 9: by Kim, Cookie Master (new)

Thanks and tell your son I said "Bon Voyage!" I would love to go to France someday. I just want to eat all those famous pastries and cheese.........mmmmm cheese!(Homer Simpson gargle).

message 10: by Merry (new)

Merry (m75248) Kim wrote: "Thanks and tell your son I said "Bon Voyage!" I would love to go to France someday. I just want to eat all those famous pastries and cheese.........mmmmm cheese!(Homer Simpson gargle)."

Very Funny Kim! Can you imagine living there - they say French Women are not fat, well I would be - the wine, the cheese, the pastries..oh la la!~ Tres bien!

message 11: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 19 comments Ok, so I love the Chocolate Chip Crunch Cookie recipe from Joanna Carl's Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder book. In fact, it is the only way I make chocolate chip cookies anymore. The crunch is provided by crushed corn flakes. Yummy!

You can check out this site http://www.murdershebaked.com/recipe_... to see what recipes she has in each book.

message 12: by Merry (new)

Merry (m75248) DIANE, Corn flakes, they must make the cookies sweeter and do something to the consistency? Are they soft with a crunch interior or just crunchy crisp cookies?

message 13: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 19 comments Merry - that was a hard question, and now I might have to bake a batch tonight to figure it out. My answer as of now, is they are soft, crunchy cookies as opposed to hard, crunchy cookies. I hope that helps. :)

message 14: by Merry (new)

Merry (m75248) Yes that says a lot - that is a nice combo, a soft cookie with a little crunch inside....sounds yum oh!

message 15: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 19 comments Well, I had to make a batch to test and it is more of a crunchy outside and chewy inside.

message 16: by Kim, Cookie Master (new)

I have to agree with thw idea that corn flakes make them crunchy since they are an unseetened cereal. It's like using corn flake crumbs to coat fried chicken.

message 17: by Claere (new)

Claere (omenonwings) | 59 comments ((i don't eat fried chicken))
are we supposed to post recipes here or something?