The Next Best Book Club discussion

CLOSED: Promote Your Site/Stuff > Help Out a Great Cause!

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maria (new)

Maria (minks05) | 481 comments hi everyone! i just wanted to take a minute and tell you about my participation in Team in Training (TNT).

TNT, for those of you unfamiliar with it, is part of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS). TNT trains people for distance events, such as marathons, triathlons, and century bike rides. i'm participating in the Pittsburgh Half-Marathon in May, and in exchange for getting training through TNT, i have agreed to raise a certain amount of money for LLS.

i invite all of you to check out what i'm doing by visiting my site: http://pages.teamintraining.org/wpa/p...
there you can check out my efforts in training, learn more about TNT and LLS, and make a tax-deductible donation to a fantastic cause.

i'm not a runner, and this is the first time i've ever tried anything like this. however, i felt it was time to do something positive, and i have an aunt who is a 20 year survivor of Hodgkin's Disease, which is one of the blood cancers that LLS is involved with.

thank you so much to all of you for support and encouragement. check the site often for updates on my training, and i'll be sure to let you all know how it goes on May 2nd!

thanks,
maria

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 9989 comments Mod
Good luck. Its always so great to see people supporting charities and volunteering for groups like this.