You Imagine discussion

So...what about Historical Fiction?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tommy (new)

Tommy (frodo) | 3 comments I'm currently writing a historical fiction novel set in WW2. I didn't see any topics on it, so I was wondering if anyone wanted to give tips, advice, etc. Thanks!

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) I know a lot about the Holocaust from my class...if you need any info there. (p.s. Hitler counts)

message 3: by Karey (new)

Karey (kareyshane) | 205 comments Mod
Tommy, of you'd like to spear head a discussion on that, I'll create a section for it. I apologize for overlooking it. For now I have everything fiction in one lump.

message 4: by Arlette (new)

Arlette | 25 comments I lived through World Warll. Funny I've never thought of that time in terms of an historical fiction. A couple of years ago I wrote a story for a small magazine in a little town called Coronado. Coronado is an island across the bay from San Diego. I lived in Coronado shortly after the war broke out. I was living in New Orleans my hometown when Pear Harbor was bombed.
Any way as I was saying I wrote an article for the magazine titled: World Warll Through The Eyes Of A Child". Many books and articles have been written about that war through the eyes of adults who fought in that war, but seldom do you read an article of what the war was like looking at it through a childs' eyes.
If you would like me to send you what I wrote I will be happy to do so. Just email me at Arlette3@cox.net and tell me where I can send you a copy of what I wrote. Everyone who read those articles I wrote about the war really loved them.
So just let me know and I'll do what I can to help you. Remember it is Arlette3@cox.net

message 5: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Towler (katherine_towler) | 4 comments Hi Tommy,

My first novel, SNOW ISLAND, is set during WW II on a ficitonal New England island. Two main characters - one a 16-year-old girl and the other other a man in his 40s who is an eccentric loner. The book tells their stories and chronicles the impact of the war on the island community. I did a lot of research for the book. If you have specific questions, send them along. You can see more about my books at my website: www.katherinetowler.com. Also on my Goodreads profile. Good luck!

message 6: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) actually, i like most historical fiction... and i find it interesting!

message 7: by Michele (new)

Michele Lee (featheredzebra) | 14 comments I'm fascinated by historical fiction. It's not what I usually pick up, but the ones I've reviewed for people I've always loved.

BTW I just did an interview with Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, the author of the Saint Germain books. It should be published in the next day or so.