For The L♥ve of Reading discussion

Member's Books, Reviews, & Pages > Jencey's Books and Review Page Or Blog

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) I have always liked certain genres more than others. My favorite genre has to be historical fiction. My least favorite where I have had no desire to read Mysteries. My new favorite has become the Chic Lit genre.

message 2: by Jencey/ (last edited Feb 21, 2010 10:59AM) (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) My books of the year so far are: Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin , Vision in White (Bride Quartet, #1) by Nora Roberts , The High Calling (House of Winslow) by Gilbert Morris , The Next Thing on My List by Jill Smolinski , California Chances by Kelly Eileen Hake , Between Sisters by Kristin Hannah , and

See my profile for reviews. Shoe Addicts Anonymous by Beth Harbison

message 3: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) I just finished reading Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin . I just left a review still haven't figured out how to blog it yet. Now onto The Chocolate Lovers' Club by Carole Matthews .

message 4: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) My goal for 2010 is to read 5000 pages.

message 5: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) I just finished reading The Chocolate Lovers' Club by Carole Matthews . I am going to start my autographed copy of Little Earthquakes.

message 6: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) I just finished reading the The Chocolate Lovers' Club. I thought the book was okay. I enjoyed the last 100 pages. I am also a fan of chocolate. My favorite chocolate is dark or milk. I like it with peanut butter or almonds. That is it! I don't like anything else in my chocolate.

message 7: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) Just started Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner by Jennifer Weiner. Just a little free reading before doing the next book club discussion. I am most likely reading Queen of Babble

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I have little earthquakes on my shelf. Let me know what you think of it.

message 9: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) I just finishe Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot. I liked the book. Of course it is the first in the series. I look forward to reading more by her.

message 10: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) Elyssa I will definitely let you know. I am going to read Mine Are Spectacular! by Janice Kaplan by Janice Kaplan. Will continue afterwards with Little Earthquakes.

message 11: by Rosalie (new)

Rosalie Sambuco | 25 comments I just finished THE COURTESAN by Diane Haeger, THE ROYAL HARLOT by Susan Holloway Scott, THE PERFECT ROYAL MISTRESS by Diana Haeger. I found it very interesting to read these book together since they all were about Charles II Stuart. I have FRENCH MISTRESS to add to my collection. It is about the French harlot of Charles II

message 12: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) Rosalie wrote: "I just finished THE COURTESAN by Diane Haeger, THE ROYAL HARLOT by Susan Holloway Scott, THE PERFECT ROYAL MISTRESS by Diana Haeger. I found it very interesting to read these book together since th..."

Rosalie were you meaning to post this under books you have just finished?

message 13: by Elizabeth☮ (new)

Elizabeth☮ how was vision in white?

message 14: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) I liked it. I wasn't much of a fan of Nora Roberts before reading it. I will definitely read the rest of the series. One thing I like about goodreads is it actually breaks books down into theirs seris which sometimes not put on the book. So I will take Nora Roberts depending on the series subject and I like this subject. :)

message 15: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) I just finished Queen of Babble. My first Meg Cabot book. I liked the book and would read another by her.

message 16: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) I just finished Mine Are Spectacular!. I had never read anything by Janice Kaplan. I really liked this book. I would definitely read something else by her. Very easy read! Sara was great! I felt for Kate and her situation in her love life. I like the message of the book too. Anything is possible if you take a risk and go out there.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "how was vision in white?"

I was also pleasantly happy with Vision in White. I was not too over the top and the hero of the story was a clumbsy geeky teacher who was not very social. I was happy that he was not the typical hero.

message 18: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) ❤ ☠ Elyssa ☠ ❤ wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "how was vision in white?"

I was also pleasantly happy with Vision in White. I was not too over the top and the hero of the story was a clumbsy geeky teacher who was not very soc..."

Couldn't agree more! Look forward to reading the rest of the series. :)

message 19: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) I just accepted a position to write book reviews for the website chicklitbookclub.com. My first assignment will be The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell .

message 20: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) Baby Proof by Emily Giffin by Emily Giffin. I just finished this book. Absolutely loved the book. It is easy to read. A fun read at that. I can identify with the main character Claudia as she deals with her fear of babies. I would love to have someone like Ben in my life. He stuck with her all the way. I highly reccomend this book.

message 21: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) The Bourne Identity (2002 Film): Spy Film, Robert Ludlum, The Bourne Identity (Novel), Franka Potente, Chris Cooper (Actor), Clive Owen, Brian Cox I just finished this book. I couldn't get a copy of the Carrie Diaries. I liked the book but it dragged a little bit. The last one hundred pages was very compelling though...I am interested to see what The Bourne Supremacy.

message 22: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) Hissy Fit A Novel by Mary Kay Andrews

Awesome book! I will definitely read another by Mary Kay Andrews. I just finished another autographed copy. Very well written. A great beach read for this summer.

message 23: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) Hollywood Under the Covers by Brandie Knight

I just finished reading this book. I did not care for some of the content in this book. Part of me sincerely hopes that Hollywood truly is not this way. I found the book easy to read. I don't know that I would read more. I would have loved this book when I was 17 or 18 years old.

message 24: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) A Proper Pursuit by Lynn Austin

You see this review at: http://www.jgortney@blogspot.com