Goodreads Los Angeles discussion

Books by LA Authors > Favorite Los Angeles Authors

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kapope) | 21 comments I'd love to have us all add books to the group by our favorite Los Angeles authors, so we can make a point to support local authors when we're buying books. Anyone interested?

message 2: by Shay (new)

Shay Olivarria (shayolivarria) | 2 comments Of course, I have to say myself! lol I've been writing to two years and I've put out two non-fiction books:

10 Things College Students Need to Know About Money
Money Matters: The Get It Done in 1 Minute Workbook

Books are simple, clear, and written with a bit of humor. They are available online and at Smiley's in Carson and Zahra's in Inglewood.

PEACE,
Shay Olivarria
Speaker/Author

www.BiggerThanYourBlock.com

message 3: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kapope) | 21 comments Shay,
I love that you mentioned your books here! I'm curious if we have any other authors in the group?
Kathryn.

message 4: by Morgan (new)

Morgan St. (morganstjames) | 1 comments The comical crime capers of the Silver Sisters and their 80 year-old mother and uncle, former vaudeville magicians, are written by me, Morgan St. James, and my sister Phyllice Bradner. We are local products, although Phyllice now lives in Oregon after spending 32 years in Alaska. I split my time between Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

"A Corpse in the Soup," the first book in the series, was named Best Mystery Audio Book 2007 by USA Book News and takes place largely in Hollywood, L.A. and Beverly Hills. That was followed by "Seven Deadly Samovars," a wacky romp from Juneau to Seattle to L.A. with the twins and the oldsters hot on the trail of two bumbling Russian thugs. What made those samovars (Russian tea dispensers) worth killing for?

Within the next few months "Vanishing Act in Vegas" will be released and we are currently working on "Diamonds in the Dumpster."

Visit www.silversistersmysteries.com for reviews, excerpts, author profiles, and more. Available in paperback, Kindle, ebook, audio CD and MP3 from many online bookstores including Amazon and Barnes & Noble and can be ordered from brick and mortar stores.

MORGAN ST. JAMES
www.morganstjames-author.com

message 5: by Amy (last edited Jul 01, 2011 12:52PM) (new)

Amy (miscamy) | 3 comments I'm a board member of Smart Gals and have had the pleasure of getting to meet many LA authors in the process. Some of the local writers that have participated in the Reading Preserve are:

Noel Alumit
Aimee Bender
Francesca Lia Block
Cecil Castellucci
Janet Fitch
David Francis
S.A. Griffin
Rita Williams

message 6: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kapope) | 21 comments Love this list. Thank you!