What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Mystery at Number Seven, Rue Petite
SOLVED: Children's/YA > Chilren's story set in French town... [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Tuohy | 3 comments I remember this was my favorite book as a child, but unfortunately it got lost and along with the book went my memory of the title. I have some pretty clear pictures in my head of the illustrations - mostly line drawings with splashes of color, scenes of balconies along the river, a bakery (where the main characters lived and the plot was centered), people riding by on bikes.

There was a couple who owned a bakery. I'm pretty sure there were some cat burglars, and the community coming together to help solve the mystery.

For all that I loved this book I sadly cannot bring the title to mind. I would love to have a copy for myself, as well as one to give to my baby niece.

message 2: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Tuohy | 3 comments My dad just reminded me that the couple in the story have an antique dealer living downstairs or next door. The antique dealer is dishonest and swindles them in some way or other, but in the end it works out for the couple so that they come out on top.

message 3: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa (med0ra) | 439 comments The Mystery at Number Seven Rue Petite by Ellen Shire ?
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/62...

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) I just sent Morgan a PM.

message 5: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa (med0ra) | 439 comments Cheryl in CC NV wrote: "I just sent Morgan a PM."

I sent her one March 10th and no reply back yet.

message 6: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Tuohy | 3 comments Thanks to Lisa for finding the answer!

message 7: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa (med0ra) | 439 comments Morgan wrote: "Thanks to Lisa for finding the answer!"

You're welcome. Sounds like an interesting story.