Writer's Myriad discussion

Inspiration > What Inspires You?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmascout) What inspires you to write? What keeps you moving while you're writing?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Two things:
pictures and music

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmascout) Yeah, same.
Only sometimes it's the most simple thing to me.
Like my inpiration to write "The Invisible House" just an empty lot that had a par parked in it.
It's just that simple.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Really?
That's awesome!

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmascout) :)
Thank you!

message 6: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmascout) Sometimes, just thinks I do give me inspiration. Like yesterday I was running to meet my Dad somewhere, and I got just this vision of a girl running away from the person she loves. Not enough inspiration for a whole story, but surely enough for a short story don't you think?

message 7: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 647 comments Yes definatly

message 8: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmascout) Yeah. I just need to come up with characters... and a plot line that's not, "She's running from the person she loves". I need to stretch it out you could say.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I got my idea for When It Rains when I was looking up pictures of something and one of the autocompletes was "rainy city."

message 10: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmascout) Awesome!

I find it so neat how the simplest thing can inspire someone to write a whole novel.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

It's true!
No idea where I came up with the idea for flowers for you though . . . .

message 12: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmascout) Haha, same. The way I came up with Dragoons, is actually a REALLY funny story.

I had the idea for a story called "Dragons" so I misspelled "Dragons" by putting, "Dragoons" and then I was like, "Heey....." and that's how I came up with the story for Dragoons! XD

message 13: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 647 comments lol cool! Sometimes movies inspire me.