What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > childrens book from 80s about girl with a secret pet dinosaur [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna | 3 comments hi all i am trying to remember a book from my childhood. it was an illustrated childrens book about a girl who found a small dinosaur that looked a little like a green stegasaurus, however she was not allowed to keep pets in her house, so it had to hide or pretend it was furniture whenever anyone else was around. that is about all i can really remember.
can anyone help me??
thanks all :)

message 2: by M— (new)

M— | 379 comments The only book that comes to my mind has a small red dragon instead of a small green dinosaur: There's No Such Thing as a Dragon. The kid hids the dragon in the house until the dragon grows so much that this is impossible.

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate | 5 comments I remember that book! At one stage it was a coffee table or something?
For some reason 'Thing' jumps in my head but I've been searching, because it's annoying me now.. and I cannot find anything on it.

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna | 3 comments i do remember something about it pretending to be a coffee table too! and the name 'thing' does ring a bell... but i haven't been able to find anything on it since...

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarai0989) | 87 comments Yep this is Thing by Robin Klein and there's a sequel called "Thingnapped" when horrible Stephanie Strobe kidnaps Thing.

message 6: by Kate (last edited Mar 06, 2010 03:34AM) (new)

Kate | 5 comments Nice find Sarah, thanks!
That brings back memories....

message 7: by Anna (new)

Anna | 3 comments thank you thank you thank you sarah!!!!!! that has been bugging me for years :D