SA Book & Challenge Lovers discussion

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
This topic is about The Lightning Thief
All Book Discussions > The Lightning Thief (Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
Here we can discuss the book with spoilers :)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I love the Greek Mythology of the book, and I dont care if some things in the book dont make sense, its a nice read, a relaxing book.
I hope Percy gets to show his father what he's made of and that he gets to meet him!

message 3: by Lu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
This book lived up to its hype, I really enjoyed it and can't wait for the next one!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I know what your saying, I'm not done yet, but already I can see myself reading all the others... its like Harry Potter to me (although Harry is still my number one :))

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Finished it!!!!!!!
Loved it!!! Loved it loved it

Heather Tribe (tribefox) I tend to categorize books: 1. A book I can read on the treadmill at the gym because it is riveting enough to keep me interested in a sweat and 2. A book that takes a special place and focus to read. The Lightening Thief is definately a treadmill book! I loved it. I have always loved Greek Mythology (studied it a bit at University) and I love how Riordan fit Greek myths (and the characters from them)into the plotline so seamlessly. I am glad it was nominated because I would never think to pick up this book on my own....Thanks for the nomination!!

message 7: by Lu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
Glad you also enjoyed it!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Love this poll!