harry potter haters discussion

Funny

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) I think it is really funny how all of the hp lovers in this group get really defensive. I looked at what I said a few months ago, and I realized how stupid the whole argument was.

Also, just so you know, I think harry himself is stupid, but the story is decent, although I have read much better books. I only enjoyed reading hp because I like pretty much any book that comes in front of my face that isn't 100% formula.

I wouldn't say I despise Harry Potter, because it takes a lot to make me truly hate someting. I don't really love it either, because, as I already stated, I have read much better books.

Anyways, I'm just pointing out with this discussion how defensive hp lovers (and haters sometimes too, but they are more justified, as it is a haters group) get.

message 2: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) Oh, and Kidz, if you choose to post your comment that you have posted in every discussion but one, the word is spelled "actually"

message 3: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) how were they spelling it? and why do you all keep calling us kids?

message 4: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) I'm not sure how they were spelling it exactly. And Kidz is someone's username, just like yours is snowfoot and mine is Veronica.

message 5: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) oh, okay then... i thought they were just misspelling... my bad!

message 6: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) know what i just realized? this group may be called Harry Potter Haters, but it seems the non-haters do most of the talking...

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13 comments well i hate harry potter and i have to say i hate all of the harry potter lovers

message 8: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) would you mind please tellin WHY you hate harry potter? i'd like to know, and veronica has expressed the wish to know why, so... why dont you tell us?! do you not have a good reason, or is your reason embarrassing, or what? if you dont give a reason WHY for your actions, thats like telling a little kid (pardon my analogy, couldnt think of anything less offensive) that the sky is blue "just because", or that red means stop "just because". BECAUSE IS NOT A REASON! my teachers have been drilling that into my head since about *thinks for a minute* 4th grade, which is 6 yrs!

message 9: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (irajnug) yeah... WHY????

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13 comments well because they play with wands and they are a bad example to children. they make them think wizards and worlocks are real and they're not.

message 11: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) ... read my reply in the why? topic, please. and btw, NONE of the kids i know that've read the books believe them... course, maybe i just know the intelligent kids...

message 12: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments playing with wands freak me out!
agree with sarah

message 13: by Katie (last edited Jun 04, 2008 03:24PM) (new)

Katie  | 279 comments My parents tell me "just because" all of time. I believe it is a reason! Why wouldn't it be. Sometimes people don't always have to tell you a reason. U can except the fact that people may not agree with u. Therefore, they don't like them. What's worng with having opinions?

message 14: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) whats wrong is that "just because", in my mind, is not an opinion. its the beginning stages of an opinion. i dont mind you all having your own opinions, i just like more solid opinions. i figure, not evryone HAS to think the way i think, cu if we all did, the world and life would both be very boring. and messed up.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I really want to know WHY. so what they play with wands? it's a fantasy world. Next will you be saying that we shouldn't read The Wizard of Oz because there are talking animals like the Lion? So what they do spells?

message 16: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments i agree with u Snowfoot about the "everyone thinking alike" but i also believe that ppl can say "just because" Saying "just because" is stating that, maybe they hold a grudge or something that's personal. Something that ur not going to share.

Shut up Mayrose! This isn't ur group. We could discuss the absolute anwser except for ppl like u keeping interrupting. STOP! okay? leave please sop we CAN discuss why!

message 17: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) alright katie, i get what ur saying! srry if i made anyone REALLY mad at me. and mayrose, i kinda already made that point... katie, dont be so mean to her!

message 18: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments ummm... then can u guys like make up ur mind on what group ur on? huh? and yeah, quit arguing with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and maybe my vicious side wouldn't show through! okay?

message 19: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) lol, alright! srry, but i like hp still, just i realize that its not the best, and can see both sides of the argument here clearly, as im not totally biased!

message 20: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments okay.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

yet again.......

message 22: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments yet again...what?

message 23: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments But, that wasn't even the case here!

message 24: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments yeah, but we weren't the only ones.

message 25: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments okay.

message 26: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) lol *jokingly pulls fwit* a saved by grace-katie topic! ...k, im done now :) and fwit did that just bout every topic in the group...

message 27: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments he's annoying...or she.

message 28: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) fwit's a girl. and she's myy friend online... she in a diff state. i dont mind, cuz i is annoying too, lol! i just dont show it so obviously... plz dont hate me fwit!

message 29: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments o she...sorry. annoying is something that i might be, but yet again...hopefully i don't do stuff like that in EVERY SINGLE topic!

message 30: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) *sigh* i is bored... and hyper... and... i dunno... :) i hv decided life is good! yay me!

message 31: by Penelope (new)

Penelope | 21 comments Good Job!

message 32: by Katie (new)

Katie  | 279 comments Very Good Job!

message 33: by Penelope (new)

Penelope | 17 comments Very, very good job!

message 34: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) ... okay, you can stop telling me what a great thing it is that i decided to think life is great... :)

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Sarah wrote: "well i hate harry potter and i have to say i hate all of the harry potter lovers"

That is very, very offending to me, as a lover. Just because I like something you don't doesn't mean you hate me.

message 36: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) It's all about seeing the differences in people, and then seeing beyond them. Unfortunately though, some people get stuck at seeing the differences and never look past them. :(

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Rockhound wrote: "It's all about seeing the differences in people, and then seeing beyond them. Unfortunately though, some people get stuck at seeing the differences and never look past them. :("

Yup, it's sad what people do sometimes.

message 38: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) I thrive on differences, myself. They make life more than a lot interesting. :D Plus, I like to think of myself as "weird," so it helps.

message 39: by Savita (new)

Savita (haltranger) First of all, Draco is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better/hotter/smarter than Harry.

message 40: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) Except that he's a coward most of the time, and I'm pretty sure that BOOK characters can't really be hot. They're just a collection of words, no image. While I prefer Draco, I'm fully aware that he'd not a good person. I wouldn't want to be friends with him. He has too many qualities that I don't want in my friends.