Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

Entertainment > Television

Comments Showing 1-50 of 267 (267 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments So, what TV shows does everyone like here?

message 2: by Baxter (new)

Baxter (julietrocksmysocks) | 383 comments The Prisoner. Why there hasn't been a more intelligent show since is beyond me.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments I haven't watched Spongebob for ages either. XD

I love House, but only the first three seasons, and the first few episodes of the fourth season. Then the show started to really annoy me.

I love watching Law and Order (the normal one and SVU, not Criminal Intent...that one's boring).

I also love Lost and Glee, both of which will be playing on Tuesdays at 9 this April. Ugh, wwwwwwhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyy?

message 4: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 4295 comments Mod
Howie Mandel?
Is he the American host?
I live in Australia, so there is a diferent host, Andrew O'Keefe. Hes really good!
Glee was shown here in Aus, but i never got the chance to watch it.

message 5: by ★ Jess (new)

Im in Year 9, and i lvoe Spongebob, and am not embarrassed to admit it.

BTW, Amber, have fun in grade 7-it was the funnest year ever!!!

message 6: by Baxter (new)

Baxter (julietrocksmysocks) | 383 comments Amber wrote: "Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "I haven't watched Spongebob for ages either. XD

I love House, but only the first three seasons, and the first few episodes of the fourth season. Then the sh..."

Here's my opinion on Glee:

I saw the pilot when it originally aired and loved it. It was a perfect mix of cheese and genuine humor, that just made me happy. Helped that they could sing too.

It was good for awhile after that. Then, to quote my sister, "they tried to put plot in it". And by plot I mean drama junk. It's not what I want when watching Glee, and the whole style of it has been wearing thin for awhile now. Basically it's just not worth it anymore.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments I was surprised that I liked Glee, but now it's one of my favorite shows. It has a lot more teen drama stuff than I usually like, and it can get a bit cheesy at parts. When I was watching the first episode, I didn't like it too much at first, but once it ended, I realized that I loved it. (I know that that makes no sense at all, but oh well)

message 8: by ★ Jess (new)

Amber wrote: "I know! It's really fun! I'm taking all Pre-AP classes, though. But surprisingly, not a lot of homework. I love switchngn classes so much. In the ISD, it's really weird. We have Elementry School(K-..."

At my school we have PRIMARY SCHOOL (reception-yr.5)
MIDDLE SCHOOL (yr.6-10)
and SENIOR SCHOOL (10-12)
By year i mean grade.

message 9: by Chandler (new)

Chandler (chandloski) | 777 comments Any of you guys been watching the Olympics? I'm an Olympic freak. :D

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments Amber, Ha ha, thanks. I couldn't think of a way to write that that made sense.

Chandloski, I'm not much of a sports fan. :P

message 11: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Doctor Who. Xena: Warrior Princess.

Best shows EVER.

message 12: by Chandler (new)

Chandler (chandloski) | 777 comments Well I'm not really a sports fan either. I just go crazy over certain Olympic sports for some reason. Halfpipe, short track, speedskating, alpine skiing....

message 13: by Pandy (new)

Pandy | 185 comments I don't usually watch sports, but I watch a lot of the Olympics. In general, I don't watch a lot of TV, but PBS is usually on at my house.

message 14: by Molly (new)

Molly (daleksinwonderland) | 235 comments Project Runway, iCarly, Top Chef, Ghost Hunters, What Not to Wear, and I watch American Idol even though it has to be the stupidest show ever.

message 15: by Chandler (new)

Chandler (chandloski) | 777 comments The X Files = best show ever.

message 16: by ★ Jess (new)

Chandloski...loves Frodo Baggins wrote: "Well I'm not really a sports fan either. I just go crazy over certain Olympic sports for some reason. Halfpipe, short track, speedskating, alpine skiing...."

The Winter Olympics are not big here in Australia. We prefer the summer ones.
When the Summer Olympics are on, our TV set was tuned to them every minute, and so was the school's!!!!!
But what is amazing, An Aussie won Gold in Vancouver!!!!!

message 17: by Chandler (new)

Chandler (chandloski) | 777 comments Yep. Tora Bright, for the woman's halfpipe :)

Aw dude....My favorite is short track. Mainly because I'm going to marry Apolo Ohno or J.R. Celski, but whatever :P Hella awesome.

message 18: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) You can't, Apolo's already my husband. XD

message 19: by Molly (new)

Molly (daleksinwonderland) | 235 comments Oh. For a second I thought you were serious. I was like "NUH-UH!" :D

message 20: by Baxter (new)

Baxter (julietrocksmysocks) | 383 comments Chandloski...loves Frodo Baggins wrote: "The X Files = best show ever."

YES. YOU ARE A TRUE BRO.

message 21: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) " Oh. For a second I thought you were serious. I was like "NUH-UH!" :D "

I wish I was serious. XD I mean, look at him.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OMLYyLC8HTo...

message 22: by Chandler (new)

Chandler (chandloski) | 777 comments Fine then. Steal my man. :/
I'll marry J.R.
(I just died looking at that picture, Lauren)

@Baxter: Yeah holmes!

message 23: by Baxter (new)

Baxter (julietrocksmysocks) | 383 comments Imma gonna say it again: The Prisoner. By god, I'll force you guys to watch that.

I'm also a pretty big fan of HBO's shows, in particular the painfully canceled Carnivale. Two seasons of perfection right there.

message 24: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) "(I just died looking at that picture, Lauren)"

I KNOW. *squeeeee* He's racing Friday at midnight my time, but I'm staying up late to watch the 5000m Relay. :D

My friend thinks Celski's hot too. :)

message 25: by Chandler (new)

Chandler (chandloski) | 777 comments Cause Celski IS hot. ;)
*goes back to DVR to watch the part where he takes his speedskating suit off*

I'm excited for the relay too! And the 500m. Dang, I hope Apolo wins both....

message 26: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) "*goes back to DVR to watch the part where he takes his speedskating suit off*"

HIS TATTOO.

I know, I hope he does. That'll increase his metal count so much, he'll probably hold that record forever. XD

message 27: by Chandler (new)

Chandler (chandloski) | 777 comments TATOOS. He's got a lot of them....

I suddenly have the strange urge to learn how to speed skate.

I'd be soooo happy if he wins nine by the time Vancouver is over. On Friday I will most definetly be yelling at my TV all night like I did during the 1500m. No wonder my parents think I have lost my marbles....

message 28: by Joshua (new)

Joshua (Buron) | 3 comments SPONGEBOB ROCKS they say im addicted cause i know almost all the songs and i watched almost all episodes

message 29: by Chandler (new)

Chandler (chandloski) | 777 comments "F is for Friends who do stuff together,
U is for You and me.
N is for Anywhere and anytime at all,
DOWN HERE IN THE DEEP BLUE SEA!"

"F is for FIRE to burn down the whole town,
U is for Uranium....bombs!
N is for NO SURVIVORS!! and--"

message 30: by Joshua (new)

Joshua (Buron) | 3 comments Love that SONG!!!!

message 31: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) "I suddenly have the strange urge to learn how to speed skate."

I know, I haven't been ice skating in forever. XD

message 32: by Chandler (new)

Chandler (chandloski) | 777 comments I've only ever been ice skating once for a friends birthday five years ago. I can rollerblade though....

TO THE INTERNET!!

message 33: by Molly (new)

Molly (daleksinwonderland) | 235 comments Lauren wrote: "" Oh. For a second I thought you were serious. I was like "NUH-UH!" :D "

I wish I was serious. XD I mean, look at him.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OMLYyLC8HTo......"

Ooooh...

message 34: by Chandler (new)

Chandler (chandloski) | 777 comments My thoughts exactly.

message 35: by Ayundabhuwana (new)

Ayundabhuwana (ayundabs) I luv spongebob!!

message 36: by Chandler (new)

Chandler (chandloski) | 777 comments Hey! I might get to take lessons!

message 37: by ★ Jess (new)

Chandloski...loves Frodo Baggins wrote: ""F is for Friends who do stuff together,
U is for You and me.
N is for Anywhere and anytime at all,
DOWN HERE IN THE DEEP BLUE SEA!"

"F is for FIRE to burn down the whole town,
U is for Uranium......"

If this was facebook, id LIKE your post 10 times :)

message 38: by Molly (new)

Molly (daleksinwonderland) | 235 comments Chandloski...loves Frodo Baggins wrote: "Hey! I might get to take lessons!"

Spongebob lessons?

message 39: by Chandler (new)

Chandler (chandloski) | 777 comments Haha. No.

Speed skating lessons ;)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments I know. Everyone told me that it would be my new online addiction, but honestly, goodreads is a hundred times better.

message 41: by Chandler (new)

Chandler (chandloski) | 777 comments I don't have a Facebook, but I have a Myspace just so that I can keep in touch with my friends from mkddle school since we all go to different high schools. Facebook seems waaayy too complicated. I had on for about a week and I couldn't figure it out. So I just deleted it

message 42: by ★ Jess (new)

I agree, GoodReads is 100 times then fb. Im definitely gonna delete mine.
But seriously, there are people who have like 1000 friends.
I know some one who has 4,312 friends.
Thats redicilous!

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments I'm not getting rid of my facebook mainly because I find it really helpful in keeping in touch with my real-life friends.

message 44: by ★ Jess (new)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "I'm not getting rid of my facebook mainly because I find it really helpful in keeping in touch with my real-life friends."

I keep in touch with my real life friends on MSN and at school.
On fb.....I do nothing.
I dont chat, coz i can do that tomorrow or on MSN.
The only exception is my kindy best friends, we talk occasionally, but not about too much.
So i think its very pointless.

message 45: by Chandler (new)

Chandler (chandloski) | 777 comments It's an old people thing. They keep in touch with all their homies from like, forever ago. Like my dad has found people on Facebook that he went to preschool with. PRESCHOOL.

message 46: by Ayundabhuwana (new)

Ayundabhuwana (ayundabs) :D I don't even remember my preschool friends!! XD

message 47: by Chandler (new)

Chandler (chandloski) | 777 comments Okay, since we were talking about the Olympics, which falls into the "television" category, I think I can come here to rant.

Was that Canadian judge on crack?! What the heck was he thinking?! No, I'm sorry, he WASN'T thinking. How dare he DQ Apolo for that! That guy has had to have seen hundreds maybe THOUDANDS of short track races, and you mean to tell me that he has NEVER seen any other races put their hands on someone so that they don't run into them!? That Canadian guy fell on his own. The tips of Apolo's fingers BARELY even touched him and yet he went flying across the ice. And how does the Korean get in second? I know that he did cross the finish line, but short track rules state the it is the blade that counts. So the first Canadian's skates crossed okay, so he earned gold. Then Apolo's skate crossed, so he should've had silver. The Korean's head crossed the line after Apolo's skate crossed the line. The Canadian that fell managed to get back up and cross the line BEFORE the Korean's skate crossed the line, but yet the Korean gets second?! What the heck?

Oh, oh. And then I just sign on to Yahoo and on the homepage, the first thing there is this: http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vanc...

He was right though! They were on Canadian soil with a Canadian judge and two freaking CANADIANS in the race. I think he knew the odds were agsinst him as soon as he crossed the line. Now they say he "doesn't ave class" which is complete BS. He said what as on his mind and I hink that most people know he is right. He usually is.

UGH. I'm just so ticked off!!
At least he got a bronze in the relay ")

message 48: by Molly (new)

Molly (daleksinwonderland) | 235 comments I'm so NOT athletic and I don't like sports AT ALL (except for dance) so I just watch the ice dancing and figure skating.

message 49: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) "Was that Canadian judge on crack?! What the heck was he thinking?! No, I'm sorry, he WASN'T thinking. How dare he DQ Apolo for that! That guy has had to have seen hundreds maybe THOUDANDS of short track races, and you mean to tell me that he has NEVER seen any other races put their hands on someone so that they don't run into them!? That Canadian guy fell on his own. The tips of Apolo's fingers BARELY even touched him and yet he went flying across the ice. And how does the Korean get in second? I know that he did cross the finish line, but short track rules state the it is the blade that counts. So the first Canadian's skates crossed okay, so he earned gold. Then Apolo's skate crossed, so he should've had silver. The Korean's head crossed the line after Apolo's skate crossed the line. The Canadian that fell managed to get back up and cross the line BEFORE the Korean's skate crossed the line, but yet the Korean gets second?! What the heck?"

I know, I cried after that. Literally. Apolo is my baby. <3

message 50: by Chandler (new)

Chandler (chandloski) | 777 comments Eh-hem......
Mine too :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6