Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

Individual Book Discussions > The Last Song

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karina (new)

Karina (FamousK10) | 2 comments IS this an emotional book? From 1 to 5 stars.

message 2: by Christena (new)

Christena | 1 comments I give it a 4.5

message 3: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) | 651 comments i really want to read this! and all of nicholas sparks books for that matter

message 4: by Jade (new)

Jade | 25 comments is that the new movie thats coming out or something with miley cyrus in it? lol

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) I can't really watch this movie. Because of Miley. She can't be a character, or an actress. She's stuck as Miley.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

haha well said lauren

message 7: by Jade (new)

Jade | 25 comments apparently shes only doing one more season of hannah montana, or so i've hearc

message 8: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments Yeah, Miley is no longer doing Hannah Montana. She's decided that she just wants to quit the show altogether. So after the upcoming season, it's going off the air.

message 9: by Bailey (new)

Bailey Monson (Bai13y) | 2 comments sad I kindof like her show in a way....but I dont think shes doing the right thing by just quitting!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

hahahahahahaha yes no more freking torture i HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE THAT SHOW

message 11: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments Wow. I don't think you hate the show, or anything...

message 12: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments what would make you think that? lolz. it's funny i guess, but childish

message 13: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments lolz. ya. miley's just a brat.

message 14: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments I saw HM:The Movie, and I'm just thinking, 'wow, miley is such a spoiled brat!!!'

message 15: by Jade (new)

Jade | 25 comments lol

message 16: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments i know! Selena is SOOOO much better!

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) Amber wrote: "Ew!!!!!
Sorry I hate the whole show, and Miley, and her voice, and her as an actress.....
Sorry."

her voice is weird. It's like a twangy Kristen Stewart
:<

message 18: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 4295 comments Mod
LOL Amelia! Spot on!!!

message 19: by ★ Jess (new)

BTW, if they ever cast Miley Cyrus into a book that ive read, id would personally hunt down the casting Agency and give them a piece of my mind.

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) well have you read WINGS by aprilynne pike?
apparently she's gonna be in that, too :(
I haven't read the book yet, but I have to say, knowing that the main character is going to be played by Miley isnt just driving me to the bookstore, you know?

message 21: by ★ Jess (new)

I know exactly what you mean.
An no, i haven't read WINGS.
Hopefully no one ever casts Miley into a book ive read. If they do, i might *literally* go crazy.
Imagine Miley as Katniss in the HUNGER GAMES.
T those who have read THE HUNGER GAMES-what would you do if Miley was cast?!?!
Personally, i think i would sit down and cry...

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) I bet they'd do what I did when I found out Alex was cast as Annabeth: nearly puke and then start throwing things

message 23: by Regan (new)

Regan  (regan_) | 243 comments Amelia*annabeth&percy*sittin in a tree* wrote: "well have you read WINGS by aprilynne pike?
apparently she's gonna be in that, too :(
I haven't read the book yet, but I have to say, knowing that the main character is going to be played by Mil..."

I've read it, and I hate the fact she's going to be cast as the main character, Laurel. She doesn't suit the character at all. Gah ><

message 24: by Girija (last edited Mar 22, 2010 03:44PM) (new)

Girija Booklover23 wrote: "I know exactly what you mean.
Hopefully no one ever casts Miley into a book ive read. If they do, i might *literally* go crazy.
Imagine Miley as Katniss in the HUNG..."

wow, if that ever happened i would literally faint. and then start crying HYSTERICALLY.i would write angry letters, and then lead a mob to go protest at filming sights (a VERY VERY ANGRY mob)ugh miley as katniss, the thought makes me shudder

i really want to read the book and possibly see the movie because the story doesnt seem bad... its only miley. the sad thing is the guy is actually hot, so why pair him with miley?

message 25: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments Regan ♥ wrote: "I've read it, and I hate the fact she's going to be cast as the main character, Laurel. She doesn't suit the character at all. Gah ><"

Would you recommend the book?

message 26: by Lexi (last edited Mar 22, 2010 06:32PM) (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) | 651 comments Girija wrote: "Booklover23 wrote: "I know exactly what you mean.
Imagine Miley as..."

omg. miley would b the worst katniss ever.

message 27: by Regan (new)

Regan  (regan_) | 243 comments Jordan wrote: "Regan ♥ wrote: "I've read it, and I hate the fact she's going to be cast as the main character, Laurel. She doesn't suit the character at all. Gah >

Would you recommend the book?"

Definitely! It's a great book. :D

message 28: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Hall (britishgirl1995) | 2 comments I read the book and saw the movie and i agree, they could have got a wayyy better actress. Although it kind of helped because couldn't cry due to the fact i kept picturing her burst into song

message 29: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) | 651 comments lol well thats a plus

message 30: by Girija (new)

Girija hehehe nice :P

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

so this is a group of miley haters...what a great group! i really want to see that movie and all my friends told me it was pretty good, but i know miley will just ruin it for me :(

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

tru dat! i think i would die if she was cast in ANY of the books i've read (unless as an extra that never spoke or interacted with the main characters haha)

message 33: by Beatrice (last edited Jul 01, 2012 06:06AM) (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) If you are going to read this.. seriously, I wept.
Awesome book that will make you cry.. the movie was okay.. the book was better.

message 34: by Elysia (new)

Elysia (elysia_rae) The book was very good! I hadn't read a Nicholas Spark's book before so The Last Song was my first! I give it a four star rating! It was emotional, real, and felt very sweet. Yes, it is sad but it's so good! I personally think the movie was pretty good, but I just tend to prefer the books over the movies!

message 35: by Aubrey (new)

Aubrey (11soccergirl) | 4 comments I love the book! It's very emotional...I finished it in the airport and was trying not to cry! it's very real!

message 36: by Jadyn (new)

Jadyn (fldsmdfr) I watched the movie! Soooooooo sad! I cried my eyes out!