I can't decide... discussion

Writing Pieces > Favorite Books

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) What are some favorite books that were written well? What did you like about them?

message 2: by Iriana (new)

Iriana (ibalbian) Do you mean like famous authors or books people have written that haven't been published?

message 3: by Elizabeth (last edited Feb 21, 2010 10:37AM) (new)

Elizabeth I am going to get my book published soon. I hope, I hope...

message 4: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) ones that are published. Favorite books.

message 5: by Iriana (new)

Iriana (ibalbian) How do you get books published?

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth My friend knows some publishers, and my book is going on display at this Young Writers thing. Yay!

message 7: by Steven (new)

Steven (tbones) | 7 comments I'd say Nightmare Academy by Dean Lorey
I like the interaction between the characters and I like the cockyness of a few of them as well. There is some really fun humorous parts thrown into the action.

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth my faves are the Warriors books by Erin hunter, Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer, and Harry Potter by JK Rowling.

message 9: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) I like warriors and Harry potter too

message 10: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Good. But do you like Artemis Fowl? If you do, then you think like a teenage mastermind.

message 11: by Steven (new)

Steven (tbones) | 7 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Good. But do you like Artemis Fowl? If you do, then you think like a teenage mastermind."

My daughter has the Artemis Fowl books. I'll have to steal those from her next :o)
Has anybody here read the book Mighty McFearless yet? I was reading a bit about it and it sounded interesting.

message 12: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Nope. Does she have the Time Paradox? I need to read that!

message 13: by Steven (new)

Steven (tbones) | 7 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Nope. Does she have the Time Paradox? I need to read that!"

I don't know..she might she's sneaky at what books she picks up cause she knows I'll try to steal them to read myself :o) but I will find out

message 14: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth I NEED THAT BOOK!

message 15: by Iriana (new)

Iriana (ibalbian) Holy snap. That's amazing. Don't forget your little people.

message 16: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Huh?

message 17: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) yea, what?

message 18: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth I want to know! And great story, Aviva! That seems really cool! You could become a Goodreads author!

message 19: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) heeheehee. Thank you. I'll try to update it often

message 20: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Oh, please! That is an amazing book! And I hardly read any posts on this group the full way through. Yours captured my imagination. The prologue is amazing! And I am a serious book critic. You deserve to be a writer! I will find a publisher for you.

message 21: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) you mean the first chapter is an amazing book? wow.

message 22: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) thank you. but really, a publisher? already? I need to at the least get half the book done first (which…ahem…i plan to do). But I'm only in middle school

message 23: by Steven (new)

Steven (tbones) | 7 comments Aviva wrote: "thank you. but really, a publisher? already? I need to at the least get half the book done first (which…ahem…i plan to do). But I'm only in middle school"

hey keep at it. just cause you're only in middle school doesn't mean you couldn't have this thing published by or before you graduate. It seems like a long time but really good things take time. Look at that Eragon guy. He's making the big bucks now...you could too.

message 24: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth I am writing something and going to get it published. And I am only in elemetary school. I did a project for Girl Scouts to look for kid authors, and I found millions at the library. And some were only in third grade!

message 25: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) btw dont read the rest of what I have posted yet because I'm editing it

message 26: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth sorry. Already did.

message 27: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) oh well. I'll tell you when it's all edited

message 28: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Okay. And some new books I really like: Guardians of Ga'Hoole and Wolves of the Beyond.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

message 30: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth ???