The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > another book-addict

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Flannery (new)

Flannery | 3 comments Hi everyone,
I´m from Germany and a real addict to thrillers. But lately I moved to other parts of the bookstores and found there also rather astonishing stuff :-). I love to discuss books and therefore like the concept of your group.

My next big goal is to read Infinite Jest by Wallace and I guess it´s quite a challenge,...

Greetings from Flannery

message 2: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) | 1045 comments Welcome, Flannery. It sounds like you will fit right in this group.

message 3: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 9984 comments Mod
Hi Flannery, welcome!! You certainly found the right place to hang out! Infinite Jest has been discussed as an unoffical group read at some point in the near future. We will be sure to pull you in when we start .... if you are interested.

message 4: by Flannery (new)

Flannery | 3 comments Hello back and thanks for the nice welcome!
@ Fiona: I like most the good old who-dunnit, because it is such a nice feeling that some things have a proper solution :-). But I´m also open to new ideas in crime-fiction or to some kind of playing with the readers expectations. That´s why I really liked Tana French´s debut, In the Woods. The last crime which really got me was Occupied City by David Peace, although I´m not really into hardboiled-crime. What kind of crime did you like before historical fiction distracted you? I didn´t read much of historical fiction yet, but I like the idea that one can learn something while being entertained :-).

@ lori: I sure am interested, and it would be great if you could inform me when you start. I´m now at page 54 and I think reading the whole stuff will take a bit longer, ...

message 5: by JSou (new)

JSou Hi Flannery, welcome to the group!